Keystone Pipeline - a red line?

And around even higher costs of living.

See how that works?

Which means they get even more in retirement. Which means there homes are also worth a lot more.

So they can easily sell and spend their retirement in TN with lower living cost and no state taxes.

Reactions: 1 person
Which means they get even more in retirement. Which means there homes are also worth a lot more.

So they can easily sell and spend their retirement in TN with lower living cost and no state taxes.

If they can afford one.

Now it worked for the baby boomers who purchased houses for 150k 30 years ago and sold them for 400k. Not working out so well for the younger generation.

Show your math please

It's basic. If you save x% of your check for retirement, then the man making more money has the most.

Or if your company takes x% of your check and places it into an account for you, the man with the bigger check still wins.

Reactions: 2 people
It's basic. If you save x% of your check for retirement, then the man making more money has the most.

Or if your company takes x% of your check and places it into an account for you, the man with the bigger check still wins.

That whole cost of living thing went right over your head I see.

That whole cost of living thing went right over your head I see.

Yes the cost of living is higher but so is the pay. Employers don't give retirement based on cost of living, it's based on pay.

You are referring to govt employees who get increased pensions based on location of where they worked, correct?

Yes the cost of living is higher but so is the pay. Employers don't give retirement based on cost of living, it's based on pay.

Your assumptions are comical. The cost of living has taken off and left pay in the dust. Raises are few and far between. A 2-3% raise once every 3-5 years is a joke and doesn't even come close to covering the yearly 15-25% healthcare premium insurance or the 50+% more you pay out of pocket. Now factor in everything else.

Who's giving retirement? Outside of a government or union job, who the heck gets a pension?

If you're referring to 401k plans i can contribute more of my money to my retirement than someone making 50k more than me in NYC.

Who's giving retirement? Outside of a government or union job, who the heck gets a pension?

If you're referring to 401k plans i can contribute more of my money to my retirement than someone making 50k more than me in NYC.

You should just stop! You know the people in LA, Chicago and NYC are smarter, richer and better than you!

Your assumptions are comical. The cost of living has taken off and left pay in the dust. Raises are few and far between. A 2-3% raise once every 3-5 years is a joke and doesn't even come close to covering the yearly 15-25% healthcare premium insurance or the 50+% more you pay out of pocket. Now factor in everything else.

15-26% annual increase in premiums? Can you support?

Most companies do. And I doubt that.

I keep forgetting.

Can I have a job? I'd be good at security.

Come on down and apply.

I'm the dude that has the Vols wallpaper on his computer in a branch that relies on the Sooners as the primary contractor.

That is overly simplistic. If you are on a DB type of retirement plan... which are dying.. (and SHOULD die for public pension employees like YOU)... you are correct. If.. they are on a DC type plan, there is a $54,000 limit whether you live in Alabama or NYC to the amount that can be placed in those accounts. Then it becomes a matter of who is the better investor.

As far as self funding by putting x% into an investment account, I contend that if you live in NYC, your cost of living will eat into the amount you can save. Sure... you make more in NY, but city/state/local taxes as well as food and fuel costs eat into that paycheck a lot more than the Bammer's.

Come on down and apply.

I'm the dude that has the Vols wallpaper on his computer in a branch that relies on the Sooners as the primary contractor.

Do I get to crack heads and piss off on VN when not cracking heads?

VN Store

Back