Keystone Pipeline - a red line?

Christ almighty...

Okay, so if the Keystone was to be built, over the objections of the "I love the spotted jumping western field mouse" envio-nazi crowd of course, it creates a steady flow of oil into this nation. Now yes, the plans are for it to go OUT in exports, but it still has to come IN. Anyway, let's say the ME gets into a tiff (again) and does another embargo (i.e. 1973) we would be screwed without production to take up the slack.

Enter Keystone that can be turned off for exports, as Hog said, and kept for the domestic market. So our reliance on overseas oil isn't as big a deal if, IF we have the capability to take up some of the slack.

So while we are still reliant on overseas oil, we would have the potential to get by without it by shutting off our exports. Hence, national security has a status quo as power grids stay up, vehicles still run, aircraft still fly and life goes on.

And not even getting into the aspect if China gets their way with loading it up in Vancouver and sending it to their refineries.

But it would only be enough to satisfy 9% of our current demand for imports.

Would you vote for a bill allowing a foreign company to put solar panels on land in Arizona, California, and Nevada against the will of citizens if it only produced 9% of import demand?

But it would only be enough to satisfy 9% of our current demand for imports.

Would you vote for a bill allowing a foreign company to put solar panels on land in Arizona, California, and Nevada against the will of citizens if it only produced 9% of import demand?

And this figure came from?

Lol I thought you said they would work around these people's land?

They will. A pipeline and a landowner are business partners. They want a friendly relationship. But states have certain property right and if they can't go around, then prepare to go to court. A pipeline doesn't want to take someone to court because it costs $$$

They will. A pipeline and a landowner are business partners. They want a friendly relationship. But states have certain property right and if they can't go around, then prepare to go to court. A pipeline doesn't want to take someone to court because it costs $$$

Mr Skin, dear kind sir what is the stock or stocks I need to jump on due to the Keystone XL Project that will be passed early next year?

Mr Skin, dear kind sir what is the stock or stocks I need to jump on due to the Keystone XL Project that will be passed early next year?

I don't think it's going to make a stock pop if approved. It's already "baked in" IMO and will take years to complete so there is no rush. TRP is the obvious winner if approved. These MLP pipeline companies are a different breed. They pay great dividends but have lots of debt and people complain about their accounting.

The price of oil will drive these stocks. If you want to play an oil stock, you should go with a Bakken oil stock like a CLR, IMO because that's where the growth is

Last edited:
I don't think it's going to make a stock pop if approved. It's already "baked in" IMO and will take years to complete so there is no rush. TRP is the obvious winner if approved. These MLP pipeline companies are a different breed. They pay great dividends but have lots of debt and people complain about their accounting.

The price of oil will drive these stocks. If you want to play an oil stock, you should go with a Bakken oil stock like a CLR, IMO because that's where the growth is

Thank you sir :hi:

What about immigration reform and ebola care?

I don't think the GOP has the guts to do the necessary immigration reform.
They will continue to say Obama's EO is unconstitutional but will do nothing to change it, jmo.

VN Store

Back