Keystone Pipeline - a red line?

50,000 Gallons Of Crude Oil Spills Into Partially Frozen Yellowstone River | ThinkProgress

"Some residents are reportedly smelling and tasting oil in their drinking water, causing the EPA to test water samples and the city water plant to cease drawing water from the river."

"I am not saying the water is unsafe. I am not saying it is safe,” said Dawson County Disaster and Emergency Services coordinator Mary Jo Gehnert."

And this is exactly why so many farmers are oppossed to this.

because farming has no track record of damaging the environment, right?

No kidding..... I wonder how much ground water has been contaminated through agricultural operations? growing up my grandparents had a farm in Normandy, TN that had a big creek running through it. A hog farmer lived about a mile and s half upstream and on two occasions dumped an enormous amount of animal waste and slip into it. Huge fish kills both times not to mention the other unpleasant side effects.

I think a pipeline offers no greater threat of pollution or an environmental disaster than these. As usual you grasp at any unfounded bs you can to try and support your idiotic views and ideals.

The point is the farmers didn't want pipelines on their land because it can have a direct negative effect on their water supply.

Coal power plants have no direct effect.

I think a pipeline offers no greater threat of pollution or an environmental disaster than these. As usual you grasp at any unfounded bs you can to try and support your idiotic views and ideals.

It does. It offers a direct threat to their livelihood and their business.

The point is the farmers didn't want pipelines on their land because it can have a direct negative effect on their water supply.

Coal power plants have no direct effect.

Ummm.

Negative. 20 year farmer here. 6k+ in acres doing so.

Ummmm. No.

Proof of the river and that it is polluted? The yellow stone river? Are you questioning how polluted it really is?

What does yellow stone have to do with keystone? Do I need to link the millions of miles of pipe not leaking to counter your claim?

What does yellow stone have to do with keystone? Do I need to link the millions of miles of pipe not leaking to counter your claim?

It doesn't matter how many miles don't leak, it matters that the court system is allowing a Canadian company to take land from US citizens

This again?

Nice deflection yet again....

What did I deflect from? An oil pipeline leaked into a river. The second time it's happened in the same river. This is why so many farmers opposed the original keystone pipelines, and it's also why they oppose this one.

It's a legitimate threat to their business.

VN Store

Back