Kim Potter sentenced.

Minnesota protest, Looting sparked by Kim Potter sentencing in Daunte Wright case: reports

Around 100 protesters marched to the reported home of Judge Regina Chu, who issued Potter's prison sentence Friday

Protesters gathered in Minneapolis on Friday evening after the sentencing of former Minnesota police Officer Kim Potter to two years in prison in the April 2021 shooting death of Daunte Wright, according to reports.

In addition, reports were emerging on social media that looting was underway at stores in Brooklyn Center, the Minneapolis suburb where Potter worked and where the death of Wright occurred.

Brooklyn Center police confirmed that only a beauty supply store had been looted, but also said they’d received reports that other stores may have been struck as well, according to WCCO-TV of Minneapolis.

Black-Panthers.jpg

Members of the New Black Panthers stand with signs calling for a maximum sentence for former Brooklyn Center police Officer Kim Potter, Friday, Feb. 18, 2022 in Minneapolis. (Associated Press)

Minnesota protest, looting sparked by Kim Potter sentencing in Daunte Wright case: reports

More peaceful protesting.

True. But very rarely does a mistake by normal people jeopardize someone's freedom or life.

If it weren't for the "few" violent types, maybe we could remove lethal equipment from the cop daily wear. Imagine the old English bobby with a stick or maybe a taser, but somehow all the anti-gun nuts and legislation still can't manage to get guns out of the hands of criminals or to get people like King George to behave civilly. They just make it more onerous for normal people who like cops sense a need for something a bit more lethal to balance the playing field.

Mistakes by everyday people jeopardize others’ freedom or lives every minute of everyday.

Cars are pretty lethal when somebody makes a mistake. As I recall more people die in car accidents than by guns - especially by guns in the hands of police. On a good Chicago weekend the local boys (not in blue) manage to rack up much better numbers than cops do countrywide for longer time spans.

Daunte bone your wife?

Lots of hostility emanating from you David Duke.
He’s not wrong. When will the left understand cause and effect? I’m as white as the day is long and I understand that if I get pulled over, “cause” a scene and resist the inevitable, the “effect” of that individual CHOICE to escalate the situation is on me and me alone. (Looking at you George Floyd) I subconsciously understood and even invited whatever happens next which is sure to be whatever the next level of resistance is. Only natural. I resist, I get body slammed and possibly tazed. I bring out a weapon, I understand my chances of survival are slim. Maybe my parents taught me wrong when they taught me to respect authority figures? But if not, then maybe his parents didn’t teach him like they should have.

Keep worshiping the thug life. I bet you play your rap music so loud in your car that it vibrates the windows of the car next to you. Am i right Lil Septic Tank? Thats a perfect name for you because, like septic tanks, you're full of _ _ _ _.

I do "worship" the thug life, it's true. I don't even try to hide it, I drive a '64 Impala on 22's, I have a 24k grill and turn my Glock 43 sideways when I shoot it.

Not sure where you got the "tank" thing, but whatever - I suppose I shouldn't assume a hick like you would understand there is more than one use for the word septic.

As a side, I see I struck a nerve with the wife thing, you really came off the bench swinging. Too bad, unlike her you really seem to have a problem with the other race. Maybe you could learn a little something about tolerance from her and her boyfriend.

He’s not wrong. When will the left understand cause and effect? I’m as white as the day is long and I understand that if I get pulled over, “cause” a scene and resist the inevitable, the “effect” of that individual CHOICE to escalate the situation is on me and me alone. (Looking at you George Floyd) I subconsciously understood and even invited whatever happens next which is sure to be whatever the next level of resistance is. Only natural. I resist, I get body slammed and possibly tazed. I bring out a weapon, I understand my chances of survival are slim. Maybe my parents taught me wrong when they taught me to respect authority figures? But if not, then maybe his parents didn’t teach him like they should have.

He is and you are too.

Potter's mistake cost this kid his life, you can grouse about this kids character but nothing he did that day warranted him losing his life.

I do "worship" the thug life, it's true. I don't even try to hide it, I drive a '64 Impala on 22's, I have a 24k grill and turn my Glock 43 sideways when I shoot it.

Not sure where you got the "tank" thing, but whatever - I suppose I shouldn't assume a hick like you would understand there is more than one use for the word septic.

As a side, I see I struck a nerve with the wife thing, you really came off the bench swinging. Too bad, unlike her you really seem to have a problem with the other race. Maybe you could learn a little something about tolerance from her and her boyfriend.
This is what I love about you.

Shocking!

But now to the other part. Do you wear substantial amounts of plug in jewelry and make billboards jealous? What about shoes to go with your ride?

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
He is and you are too.

Potter's mistake cost this kid his life, you can grouse about this kids character but nothing he did that day warranted him losing his life.

The kid made stupid decisions and won the ultimate stupid prize. The thing is, if she had pulled her gun to begin with and yelled a warning then shot him when he decided to drive off, she may have never gone to trial.
He made stupid decisions and put his own life in danger. But, is it fair to ask if the message being espoused that it is okay to show one’s ass when dealing with police is leading to deadly outcomes and led him to make such a bad decision? Are lives of people like Duante being thrown away or sacrificed for some political gain?

The kid made stupid decisions and won the ultimate stupid prize. The thing is, if she had pulled her gun to begin with and yelled a warning then shot him when he decided to drive off, she may have never gone to trial.
He made stupid decisions and put his own life in danger. But, is it fair to ask if the message being espoused that it is okay to show one’s ass when dealing with police is leading to deadly outcomes and led him to make such a bad decision? Are lives of people like Duante being thrown away or sacrificed for some political gain?

You could certainly argue that BLM and more militant civil right movements have emboldened people like Duante into believing they can force an issue they don't control. Look at all the "mostly peaceful" protests and the lessons of not cracking heads and locking people up - nothing says "you can be who you want ... and get away with it" like that does.

He is and you are too.

You would have a point IF it wasn’t an accident. His resistance escalated the situation that cost him his life. One wouldn’t have happened without the other. Cause and effect

Reactions: AM64
If it weren't for the "few" violent types, maybe we could remove lethal equipment from the cop daily wear. Imagine the old English bobby with a stick or maybe a taser, but somehow all the anti-gun nuts and legislation still can't manage to get guns out of the hands of criminals or to get people like King George to behave civilly. They just make it more onerous for normal people who like cops sense a need for something a bit more lethal to balance the playing field.
You're talking about a 2nd Amendment issue, not a police issue.

Cars are pretty lethal when somebody makes a mistake. As I recall more people die in car accidents than by guns - especially by guns in the hands of police. On a good Chicago weekend the local boys (not in blue) manage to rack up much better numbers than cops do countrywide for longer time spans.
I think you know that we are not talking about accidents behind the wheel of a 3000 lb vehicle, but decisions that are made in the moments leading up to an incident.

So much going on in this post... WOW

But, is it fair to ask if the message being espoused that it is okay to show one’s ass when dealing with police is leading to deadly outcomes and led him to make such a bad decision? Are lives of people like Duante being thrown away or sacrificed for some political gain?
You said a mouthful right here. On the one hand, I can't stand a lot of these cops. Just being honest. Most of them (not all) have a God complex, think they are above the law, are tools of the state and politicians and will step on your rights at the drop of a hat no matter your race, age, sexual persuasion, gender etc.

However, there is the other side of this, and this is the actions of the individuals. People have got to realize that the police are going to police. That is their nature. The police is generally populated by sociopaths/psychopaths, so you need to understand that going in to a police encounter. They will likely have no remorse in killing you if it means getting you to comply or obey a law. And who wins? Because as we saw on the BLM website, the left just uses a black man's death to spread more destructive nihilistic objectives that destroys traditional families and morality. So all a dead civilian will end up being is a marketing tool or a way to push some leftists agenda.

In the inner cities especially, black men that are raised with no father are going to act emotionally... just like their mommas. So now you got an emotional man coming in contact with a sociopath/psychopath with a gun and a badge. How is that not a combustible situation?

Classless

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
You said a mouthful right here. On the one hand, I can't stand a lot of these cops. Just being honest. Most of them (not all) have a God complex, think they are above the law, are tools of the state and politicians and will step on your rights at the drop of a hat no matter your race, age, sexual persuasion, gender etc.

However, there is the other side of this, and this is the actions of the individuals. People have got to realize that the police are going to police. That is their nature. The police is generally populated by sociopaths/psychopaths, so you need to understand that going in to a police encounter. They will likely have no remorse in killing you if it means getting you to comply or obey a law. And who wins? Because as we saw on the BLM website, the left just uses a black man's death to spread more destructive nihilistic objectives that destroys traditional families and morality. So all a dead civilian will end up being is a marketing tool or a way to push some leftists agenda.

In the inner cities especially, black men that are raised with no father are going to act emotionally... just like their mommas. So now you got an emotional man coming in contact with a sociopath/psychopath with a gun and a badge. How is that not a combustible situation?
I have a question for you Ras. If you don’t mind.

How many cops do you know on a personal level to judge them like you just did? You are right in some cases, I’ll admit that but I can tell you based on experience that you have it backward. Very few have the “god” complex (or what we refer to as “Cowboy”) you think they do and even fewer are sociopaths or psychopaths. I already know the answer to my question and you don’t know any personally. You can’t. Otherwise you would know the extensive “interview” process they have to go through to get the job as even a beat cop and you wouldn’t have such a lack of respect.

5 different interviews. The last of which is front of a board of high ranking officials. Usually the chief or sheriff is present along with sometimes the mayor of the city. To reach that point you’ve already passed 4 interviews which include an initial, extensive background, polygraph, drug test, mental evaluation, firearm competence and people skills. Only to meet with those high ranking officials in front of you with a series of questions of their own designed to make you nervous, unsettled and unsure of yourself. If you get hired, it’s a safe bet that you’re not the kind of person you defined them to be. And if you are, you can bet he or she is incredibly smart to have deceived the process.

Could you not just be judging cops based on YOUR personal experiences? Can you tell when someone is in a bad mood based on their body language? If so, how much of a stretch would it be to say your hate for cops oozes out of your pores when they see you themselves and therefore severely effected your interactions and your opinions as a result?

Unfortunately, I have run into some law enforcement who seemed to take themselves too seriously, so I can disagree only in the degree. But I absolutely agree that when push comes to shove, they are a tool of the State and that has been amply demonstrated these past two years. They will do their master’s bidding. Only sheriffs, it seems, tend to side with the people, but that is probably because they are elected to office.

You make an excellent point about the fatherless homes and the devastating effect that has. Might explain the black-on-black homicide rates. However, white single parent households have increased dramatically as well, but those murder rates lag significantly behind blacks.

VN Store

Back