Kim Potter sentenced.

This picture is certainly damning. And if that’s how he kept it, it’s likely what doomed him. I can see 2nd degree in that picture

Wait, you don't know what actually happened? You seem to be learning details as we go yet told me I was speaking out of ignorance

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
Wait, you don't know what actually happened? You seem to be learning details as we go yet told me I was speaking out of ignorance
I watched video after video. To me it looked like he had his neck in the right spot. If I’m wrong, I’m wrong. I’ll admit it when I see it.

Without his health conditions and a dosage of fentanyl gauged to be fatal in many people, isn't Floyd still alive? It's as or more likely as not that he'd have died from overdose without being subdued. It appears prescience is now a necessary trait for officers and that subjects with mental or physical comorbidities in conjunction to their criminal activities are to be left alone.

We certainly can't expect more of the criminal element, like not being the criminal element.

Wright was living the thug life, and had two priors for an illegal handgun and fleeing officers the prior year, hence the outstanding warrant. He liked flashing cash, guns and drugs on social media. Terming him a thug is hardly being "David Duke" @Septic .

Last edited:
Without his health conditions and a dosage of fentanyl gauged to be fatal in many people, isn't Floyd still alive? It's as or more likely as not that he'd have died from overdose without being subdued. It appears prescience is now a necessary trait for officers and that subjects with mental or physical comorbidities in conjunction to their criminal activities are to be left alone.

We certainly can't expect more of the criminal element, like not being the criminal element.

Wright was living the thug life, and had two priors for an illegal handgun and fleeing officers the prior year, hence the outstanding warrant. He liked flashing cash, guns and drugs on social media. Terming him a thug is hardly being "David Duke" @Septic .
It's possible but we'll never know. Had Chauvin removed his knee he would likely still be employed and the summer of protest might not have taken off like it did. The act of removing a knee didn't take any extra training or knowledge it just seems like common sense once the handcuffed and face down suspect stops moving. Even my son's snake knows when to stop squeezing the rat

If we he continues on this path, he may ratchet it up to 1st degree murder.
Not unless you can show me a picture of him planning it out and intentionally carrying it out. Which IS the elements of 1st degree murder. I may have been wrong on how he placed his knee but I’m not wrong that he was overcharged. My original argument is still in tact.

Not unless you can show me a picture of him planning it out and intentionally carrying it out. Which IS the elements of 1st degree murder. I may have been wrong on how he placed his knee but I’m not wrong that he was overcharged. My original argument is still in tact.
He was not charged with first degree

No written laws were broken? Sounds like semantical lawyer-speak.

And just because it is a warranted hold, that doesn't make it right.

I swear, cops and their supporters will find anything to try to justify cops behaving badly.

The knee to neck was banned by the MPD.

This thread is a microcosm of what's wrong with LEO mentality and why they're constantly being ridiculed. They don't know anything but circling the wagons and victim blaming when their ilk do something as obviously indefensible as Potter and Chauvin did.

The jury clearly disagrees.
Late to the party and obviously short on info huh Septic? From all the videos I’ve watched I never seen that he didn’t have his knee on him the way I thought he did and I’ve since conceded I was wrong. You see, that’s the difference between the right and the left. When we’re given evidence, we choose to go with logic and are willing to change our minds. When you see evidence, you still choose to believe the lie.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
Late to the party and obviously short on info huh Septic? From all the videos I’ve watched I never seen that he didn’t have his knee on him the way I thought he did and I’ve since conceded I was wrong. You see, that’s the difference between the right and the left. When we’re given evidence, we choose to go with logic and are willing to change our minds. When you see evidence, you still choose to believe the lie.

I think it's funny that you literally have to be shown a picture before you'll digress. Before that your diarrhea of the mouth put you into a hole too deep to climb out of, like you often do - lashing out at others and acting like the victim to deflect from your own mistakes.

I’ve been under the impression he was. If I’m wrong once again, so be it
So it doesn't seem you're very familiar with the facts of this case. The fact your default was to back the blue is likely why you're getting a chilly reception

Reactions: Septic
It's possible but we'll never know. Had Chauvin removed his knee he would likely still be employed and the summer of protest might not have taken off like it did. The act of removing a knee didn't take any extra training or knowledge it just seems like common sense once the handcuffed and face down suspect stops moving. Even my son's snake knows when to stop squeezing the rat

Exactly. And knowing that, we know that it cannot be said beyond a reasonable doubt that Chauvin killed Floyd, and certainly can't say he murdered him. Knowing that even challenges a more jurisprudent charge of manslaughter. I think this ruling damages the concepts of assumed innocence and reasonable doubt, is a political use of statute, and injures justice well beyond law enforcement.

In the Minneapolis PD handbook, the neck restraint AFTER handcuffing was prescribed to restrain subjects resisting arrest who may be a danger to themselves, to prevent cardiac arrest and protect the airway. Floyd certainly fit that description. Here's the technique illustrated in the police manual:
Ecaw4JpXgAEqfMH

Reactions: Rickyvol77 and AM64

This thread is a microcosm of what's wrong with LEO mentality and why they're constantly being ridiculed. They don't know anything but circling the wagons and victim blaming when their ilk do something as obviously indefensible as Potter and Chauvin did.

It was banned officially by the MPD - and in law by MN legislature - after Floyd's death. Until then, it was in the officer handbook.

Well let's back up. Why did he swallow/ingest the drugs in the first place? Not saying it was the smartest thing to do, but had it not been for these drug laws and the consequences tied to them, he wouldn't have done that.

Respectable. However I think you misunderstood my point about the “bad mood”. I’m referring to the cops POV. Not yours. Point being if you can tell when an individual is in a bad mood based on body language, so can he/she. Kinda puts a damper on the entire encounter from the jump and severely effects the outcome. I’ve been pulled several times myself and only once did it not turn out to be a decent encounter. Rookie of course but none the less, he was looking for problems and he found it. Every other time, I understood what I did wrong and accepted my citation with a smile and back and forth banter and I’ve never been mistreated as a result. I have friends and family that both hate cops as well as those that respect them. Those that respect them have had similar experiences as mine. Whereas those that don’t have had similar experiences as you. You bring it on yourself as to what kind of encounter you wish to have.
That is not true.
I can send you many more videos like this one.

Cop in Viral Uber Rant Video Apologizes, Says Emotions Got the Better of Him

Whatever dude. If the left had things their way, police would be soft and crime would go up. You want these cops to be marshmallows and it’s not that kind of job. Marshmallows get hurt in this line of work. You want crime to go down? STIFFEN the punishments. Enact a “any means necessary” policy and you’ll start seeing people act right. You show me a city that has “an eye for an eye” type of approach to crimes and I’ll show you a city that has no crime. Don’t think this works? Go steal something in Iraq and watch your fingers disappear. I bet then you won’t wonder why starving people don’t steal bread there.

So it doesn't seem you're very familiar with the facts of this case. The fact your default was to back the blue is likely why you're getting a chilly reception
You and septic are not what I consider a “chilly” reception. I call that typical when all you two seem to do is argue against right wing views.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
You and septic are not what I consider a “chilly” reception. I call that typical when all you two seem to do is argue against right wing views.
In this thread you keep arguing against facts. How are facts right or left?

And you're wrong yet again since I argue against dumb stances by both sides. This forum slants right so it may get the most airplay but I am an equal opportunity big govt hater

VN Store

Back