Knecht

If we are going back that far, it would be tough to top pre-injury Jeronne Maymon as our best semi-recent transfer. Averaged 12.7 pts and 8.1 rebs as a Junior and was All-SEC.

He hurt his knee prior to his Senior season and had to sit out and redshirt. Came back a year later and was very effective, but not nearly as quick or explosive. Still averaged 9.7/8.1 in his rSR season.
Ha! I literally had to scroll down 2 more posts. That’s funny.

Knecht kind of reminds me of Tyler Herro (at least in the NBA). 3 level scorer, adept passer, deceptively quick.
Yeah, that's the guy Knecht reminds me of, hits the 3, takes it to the basket and scores or dunks. Although, he only had 3 rebounds, last night, he can rebound when he wants to. You all remember that game, Herro had like 14 boards against our Vols ? I do

Everyone's forgetting about JP Prince. Without him, we don't sniff the EE in 2010. Bobby Maze was on that same team😁
While I do agree that without JPP, we don't make that EE, I also believe that he was overrated by our fanbase for his entire career. Still, with our sketchy history of transfers, he'd have to be up there on the list.

Though Bobby Maze played as a freshman at Oklahoma, he went JUCO before signing with Tennessee. Not sure if you were just mentioning his inclusion on that Tennessee team in a general sense, or insinuating that he belonged in the transfer discussion.

Scooter McFadgon is another who made a huge impact statistically, but is often forgotten about because it goes back 20 years. Averaged 16 pts, 4 rebs, 2 assts across two seasons at Tennessee for a couple of below average Buzz Peterson squads, so his brief tenure was pretty forgettable.

While I do agree that without JPP, we don't make that EE, I also believe that he was overrated by our fanbase for his entire career. Still, with our sketchy history of transfers, he'd have to be up there on the list.

Though Bobby Maze played as a freshman at Oklahoma, he went JUCO before signing with Tennessee. Not sure if you were just mentioning his inclusion on that Tennessee team in a general sense, or insinuating that he belonged in the transfer discussion.

Scooter McFadgon is another who made a huge impact statistically, but is often forgotten about because it goes back 20 years. Averaged 16 pts, 4 rebs, 2 assts across two seasons at Tennessee for a couple of below average Buzz Peterson squads, so his brief tenure was pretty forgettable.
Dayum! Digging deep into the archives… 🤣

Jenis Grindstaff?

Reactions: Coach_Z

Bobby Maze had a lot to do with our EE in 2010. He was as important as Prince. I got to think you remember and agree

VN Store

Back