Knoxville Mayor attends Drag Queen Christmas

Wow, I am impressed. I didn't think that the heathens and pseudo Christians could keep this thread going this long. Proceed, I will lmfao at all of you.

Would this be a case of it being forced on people? And many of these characters are over the top flamboyant in nature or if lesbian protrayed as a tyipical "stud" is that the right term? Also what about objectification of women and when drags queen are stereotypes made in exaggerated form...seems like a form of cultural appropriation...

Record number of LGBT characters on US TV, study says

FalseEvergreenKob-size_restricted.gif

live look at "conservatives" being forced to watch gays exist

Go have one of your crew clean up the vomit.
Medication of the masses of which I partake. Why is that?

See, again. You're not making much sense.

Didn't you mention midday naps in the OT thread? Are you sleep deprived? It's just getting to the point where my 8 year-old nephew can type out a more coherent thought.

See, again. You're not making much sense.

Didn't you mention midday naps in the OT thread? Are you sleep deprived? Its just getting to the point where my 8 year-old nephew can type out a more coherent thought.

What are you and what is your historical perspective ..like 10-15 years of adulthood?

Would this be a case of it being forced on people? And many of these characters are over the top flamboyant in nature or if lesbian protrayed as a tyipical "stud" is that the right term? Also what about objectification of women and when drags queen are stereotypes made in exaggerated form...seems like a form of cultural appropriation...

If you interpret LGBT characters being on TV shows as being "forced on you", that's really embarrassing to admit. Firstly, because it's sad you would let the presence of a LGBT character in a show you would otherwise enjoy make it unwatchable for you. Secondly, and most importantly... if you can change the channel, it's not being forced on you. Or better yet, go outside and touch some grass.

1. No, it wouldn’t
2. Disagree strongly that they’re mostly presented as “the typical” [insert stereotype], given that people like you stereotyping them is a large part of the problem

Probably higher number of non-whites too. If you have a problem with it and most don't, think about why.

You're not forced to watch those shows. Quit crying about things you don't have to participate in.

Reactions: NashVol11
A 30 YO..got life all figured out dontcha?

I see... you're asking my age and I guess the "what" is my orientation given the thread.

I'm a 33 year old straight dude. I'm well traveled for my age, have lived in 9 different states as an adult, and have visited several wildly varying cultures outside the US.

You're freaking out over nothing.

If you interpret LGBT characters being on TV shows as being "forced on you", that's really embarrassing to admit. Firstly, because it's sad you would let the presence of a LGBT character in a show you would otherwise enjoy make it unwatchable for you. Secondly, and most importantly... if you can change the channel, it's not being forced on you. Or better yet, go outside and touch some grass.
Never said I had issue with it...simply asked if this was a example. Personally I think 10% increase on representation is a lot. If you look at it from a strictly marketing a lifestyle angle then that kinda of increase is massive. As for the other black white gay straight doesn't matter to me...whether it fits the characters is what matters ...and yes I got out side plenty..just googled the article..

Never said I had issue with it...simply asked if this was a example. Personally I think 10% increase on representation is a lot. If you look at it from a strictly marketing a lifestyle angle then that kinda of increase is massive. As for the other black white gay straight doesn't matter to me...whether it fits the characters is what matters ...and yes I got out side plenty..just googled the article..

You implied that article proved that this stuff was 'forced on you.'

The notion that this is being shoved down your throat is what's being contested here.

1. No, it wouldn’t
2. Disagree strongly that they’re mostly presented as “the typical” [insert stereotype], given that people like you stereotyping them is a large part of the problem
The way people act creates the stereotypes... stereotypes are the way society views a secret dependant upon their own behavior...wanna change a stereotype. Change your own behavior...

The way people act creates the stereotypes... stereotypes are the way society views a secret dependant upon their own behavior...wanna change a stereotype. Change your own behavior...

Just to be clear, you are saying that *all* stereotypes exist for a reason based in truth?

Reactions: NashVol11
You implied that article proved that this stuff was 'forced on you.'

The notion that this is being shoved down your throat is what's being contested here.
Again if you had an increase in foot traffic in your bar of 10% for adding a marketing campaign would that not be a good increase?

VN Store

Back