Ky governor's race

Not as much as you would think. Most people in this particular crowd realized it wasn't the time nor place for politics.
I even enjoyed Lee Greenwood's "Proud to be an American" during the halftime show. But not nearly as much as "Amazing Grace" by the bagpipe group and 1000 band members. (alumni)
One of the first and only UT games I attended with my Dad had a bagpipe group that did Amazing Grace, my dad always said that was the most moving thing he had ever seen at a halftime show. Brought back some great memories.

How can you not like "Proud to be an American"? Shouldn't even be a question.

How can you not like "Proud to be an American"? Shouldn't even be a question.
I do like it but it was sort of co-oped by the Republican party with Greenwood's blessing. Sort of made it a partisan party anthem instead of the national anthem it could have been.

I have this feeling Luther is only really proud to be an American when a dem holds the Oval Office .
Not true. However, I am certainly less proud for as long as we have something like Trump as president.

I do like it but it was sort of co-oped by the Republican party with Greenwood's blessing. Sort of made it a partisan party anthem instead of the national anthem it could have been.

National democrats are too wrapped up in identity politics, political correctness and the "fear of cancellation" to ever adopt a patriotic song like Greenwood's "God Bless the USA". Bruce Springsteen's "Born In The USA" is more their speed, or maybe even "Back in the USSR" if you're a member of the "Squad".

Which R president made you feel proud ? Regan ? Bush Sr. ? W ?
All 3 were head and shoulders above Trump. I had respect for each of the three even though I disagreed with them on policy about as much as I disagree with Trump. I have zero respect for Trump and it has little to do with policy and nothing to do with the amount of short term dollars he puts in my wallet.

All 3 were head and shoulders above Trump. I had respect for each of the three even though I disagreed with them on policy about as much as I disagree with Trump. I have zero respect for Trump and it has little to do with policy and nothing to do with the amount of short term dollars he puts in my wallet.

Like him or not we need to save those dollars I “ saw on here” there’s going to be a recession by next September .

I had zero respect for Obama yet I felt no less pride in being an American.

I don't believe that will happen. But even if it does the Dems went toe to toe in a state Trump won by 32 points. Very encouraging.

I don't think it should happen but remember KY is a commonwealth and not a state so they can get screwy.

I also wouldn't put too much stock into this vote, it's like a 5000 vote difference, the incumbent was very unpopular and not to mention no R gov has been reelected in decades if forever.

I don't think it should happen but remember KY is a commonwealth and not a state so they can get screwy.

I also wouldn't put too much stock into this vote, it's like a 5000 vote difference, the incumbent was very unpopular and not to mention no R gov has been reelected in decades if forever.
The Dem turnout was very high. It shows IMO there's still gas in the tank from the midterms.

PS. In the future please refrain from raining on my parades.

The Dem turnout was very high. It shows IMO there's still gas in the tank from the midterms.

PS. In the future please refrain from raining on my parades.

Then I would have nothing to look forward to.

Wow. I didn't know this. And Trump was stumping for this idiot? Just shows that the "R" beside the name really is all that matters. He would have stumped for David Duke running for Governor of Louisiana back in the day.

Nobody should receive a government paid pension unless they do 20 years in the service and even that should be job dependent.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol

VN Store

Back