Lakers preparing massive offer for Dan Hurley

I feel bad for Bronny. If his dad wasn't LeBron, he wouldn't be in anyone's draft conversation. He just isn't very good. Bronny has said playing with his dad isn't a big deal. He wants to carve his own path. I think Bronny is at best a G-League player with potential for a roster spot.

What world are you living in?
You must be of a younger generation.

LBJ has elevated the NBA to a league of whining, flopping, crying, traveling and carrying. It's nearly unwatchable to fans who grew up watching it in the 80s and 90s and before. (He's not alone, but he's by the far the biggest voice)

I tune in to the playoffs solely to watch him lose.

Reactions: 508mikey
Apparently he will decide tomorrow. Or at least announce his decision tomorrow. The fact that he’s been so public about it leads me to believe that he’s staying at UCONN.
I don’t see him going because of this either. It’s not a great gig at the moment although that can change quickly. If he could get 5 years there, he could probably flip the roster. It will always attract free agents. But, when people make moves like this, it’s usually not discussed so openly. I’d be surprised if he’s not in Storrs next year.

He's got it made in Storrs. No reason for him to go elsewhere.

I'd take the recruiting headache over managing a bunch of entitled NBA players any day

He's got it made in Storrs. No reason for him to go elsewhere.

I'd take the recruiting headache over managing a bunch of entitled NBA players any day
I wouldn't. Your weird hatred of the NBA aside, the transfer portal adds a ton of work. Main reason to stay is job security

You must be of a younger generation.

LBJ has elevated the NBA to a league of whining, flopping, crying, traveling and carrying. It's nearly unwatchable to fans who grew up watching it in the 80s and 90s and before. (He's not alone, but he's by the far the biggest voice)

I tune in to the playoffs solely to watch him lose.

That’s not the point.

If you think Hurley would even think about getting rid of LeBron himself, then you’re out of your mind.

Reactions: NashVol11
That’s not the point.

If you think Hurley would even think about getting rid of LeBron himself, then you’re out of your mind.
Touch a nerve? Calm down man.

Hurley wouldn't get rid of LBJ. I'm simply sharing my opinion on my view of the guy.

NBA is becoming more and more like the WWE everyday.

I wouldn't. Your weird hatred of the NBA aside, the transfer portal adds a ton of work. Main reason to stay is job security
Hatred of NBA? Can you quote me on that? I simply want NBA to go back to fundamental basketball and stop catering to the prima donnas like LBJ.

Transfer Portal is essentially lumped in with recruiting. And NIL collectives can actually 'indirectly' help with it as well. Not saying it's not a headache, but having a single player control your job security is more of a headache

I feel bad for Bronny. If his dad wasn't LeBron, he wouldn't be in anyone's draft conversation. He just isn't very good. Bronny has said playing with his dad isn't a big deal. He wants to carve his own path. I think Bronny is at best a G-League player with potential for a roster spot.

He is, at worst, a 4 year Power 4 conference player. That is in the top .0001% of basketball players....

He is, at worst, a 4 year Power 4 conference player. That is in the top .0001% of basketball players....
But to a majority of people that means squat because of his name. He’s supposed to be a superstar in the nba. And now he won’t even get the opportunity to shine as a 4 year Power 4 player

Danny Hurley has turned down both the Lakers job and the UK job within 3 months of each other. That’s gonna do nothing but good things for UConn moving forward, until maybe the right situation w/ the Knicks presents itself.
I wonder if the location had something to do with him turning down that job as well. Hurley is very "New Jersey" and has only ever coached in that region of the country. Perhaps he would be interested in a job like the Knicks or Sixers if they came open.

Him being in Lexington, KY or Los Angeles would have a fish out of water-type of feel about it.

I wonder if the location had something to do with him turning down that job as well. Hurley is very "New Jersey" and has only ever coached in that region of the country.
I honestly think it is the deciding factor. His wife is from NJ. Bob Hurley Sr.and his mom go to every single home game. I don’t see Bob Hurley Sr. sitting court side next to the celeb of the month in LA. I feel like the Lakers and UK are very comparable. They have a lot of $ and tradition, but they’re more about sizzle than substance recently under Cal. It’s one thing to be Showtime and win championships, but it’s another to lose early. Both do that. If the Knicks job ever opens up w/ the right situation I could see him being fully embraced by the Garden and vice versa. Danny Hurley w/ the Lakers always seemed like a square peg in a round hole.

I honestly think it is the deciding factor. His wife is from NJ. Bob Hurley Sr.and his mom go to every single home game. I don’t see Bob Hurley Sr. sitting court side next to the celeb of the month in LA. I feel like the Lakers and UK are very comparable. They have a lot of $ and tradition, but they’re more about sizzle than substance recently under Cal. It’s one thing to be Showtime and win championships, but it’s another to lose early. Both do that. If the Knicks job ever opens up w/ the right situation I could see him being fully embraced by the Garden and vice versa. Danny Hurley w/ the Lakers always seemed like a square peg in a round hole.
Yeah, and in more ways than one. There's also the fact that he's a hardass college coach who would be coming to coach an NBA team with a superstar player on it who is bigger than the coach. The Lakers are far from the only team where that is the case, but they are probably the most prominent current example.

It likely was a horrible fit (this whole thing comes off as the Lakers reaching, desperately trying to do something to kick-start their franchise again) and props to him for recognizing that.

When he released the statement yesterday that the Lakers has come compelling points, I said that he was going to turn them down. That is - he was compelled to acknowledge that it was LeBron's team.

VN Store

Back