Lakers preparing massive offer for Dan Hurley

Been “inked” since Day 1 for everyone but the most annoying casual fans. The casuals mostly made it up to criticize LeBron and it appears you’re no different

He hasn't even explained why it was easier. Bro will waste all of your time if you let him.

He's looking **** up, not knowing what he's talking about. For example, he looked up the1-8 Lebron went against the Nuggets and thinks the series weren't competitive because he doesn't watch. I've seen 6-game series that were nowhere near as competitive as the 2023 sweep.

He doesn't watch. He can't explain his reasoning. But for hours, he'll sit here over and over telling you it is easier because he has nothing else to do and nothing interesting to say.

The thing is, in today's NBA, you have to look at teams like the Nuggets, T-Wolves, Thunder, Grizzlies....teams who built slowly and developed teams slowly but surely. The Thunder are in position to run this league for years to come, we saw flashes this year.

I don't think the Lakers fan base could handle the pains of a slow rebuild that is sustainable. They tried a few years, and botched it. Had some good pieces...Lonzo, Kuzma, Brandon ingram....but just never could give it enough patience. I just don't know that LA knows any other way than just "buy a superstar or two and hope for the best." I say that as a Lakers fan. If they lose LeBron and AD, they have nothing. Reaves maybe. Thankful for the championship in 20, but it is just not gonna work like that again.
The two teams in the finals...they are built around guys those teams drafted. Yes the Mavs brought in Kyrie, but they were built through development and smart moves. Not big splash desperation trades.

Most teams don't really have the choice to build any other way. However, the Thunder didn't really build that slow. They traded Chris Paul after the 2021 season, so this was only year 3 after going full rebuild. Lakers started the rebuild in 2013 when they drafted Randle #7. They had the #2 pick the next year, then #2, and #2. This started in 2014 and they didn't make the playoffs until Lebron showed up 6 years later. They were not able to rebuild without making trades, despite drafting good players. TBH, they drafted really well and still had a roster that was getting them nowhere.

Tanking + slow rebuild isn't that successful of a strategy, but it's the best strategy for most teams because they can't just pull a Lebron out of their hat who brings AD with him. Lakers have that luxury.

Reactions: TNHopeful505
I thought I read where he had already signed with the Lakers, and was a bit surprised to hear yesterday that he was staying at UCONN. The Lakers must also have been surprsed.
I still think (and I heard/read reporters hinting at it yesterday) they made the earnest attempt to make it happen but didn’t really have high expectations. It helped Hurley and even with him saying no, it doesn’t hurt the Lakers that much imo. The nba is always made up drama and this was just getting the Lakers in the highlights instead of the actual Finals. Even though we all have BVS, a first coach saying no and teams moving on is a fun talking point for 2-3 days, but turns out to be a nothing burger as long as there isn’t 5 other public turn downs.

Been “inked” since Day 1 for everyone but the most annoying casual fans. The casuals mostly made it up to criticize LeBron and it appears you’re no different
Enjoy your cult…quit sending me flyers.

He hasn't even explained why it was easier. Bro will waste all of your time if you let him.

He's looking **** up, not knowing what he's talking about. For example, he looked up the1-8 Lebron went against the Nuggets and thinks the series weren't competitive because he doesn't watch. I've seen 6-game series that were nowhere near as competitive as the 2023 sweep.

He doesn't watch. He can't explain his reasoning. But for hours, he'll sit here over and over telling you it is easier because he has nothing else to do and nothing interesting to say.
I saw every game. End result is ONE win in two playoff series. Self evident is evident.

Obviously INTERESTING enough to keep you warbling in defense of your God. Nice goofy end around with the “nothing else to do” bs. What are YOU doing when you’re not incredulous with someone having an opposite take. 😏

I thought the same thing when I heard massive offer. I was expecting highest paid coach in the NBA kind of numbers.

I mean, I think it would have been the 3rd biggest contract in the NBA? Massive just means big, and it is big.

And for Hurley, that's double his contract, so for him, it's definitely massive.

I mean, I think it would have been the 3rd biggest contract in the NBA? Massive just means big, and it is big.

And for Hurley, that's double his contract, so for him, it's definitely massive.
5th highest, but yeah.
1718209497499.png

When I heard "massive contract offer" I figured $15M-$20M per year.

Natural consequence of poor reading comprehension. Let me know who I’m “worshipping” lol
Typical deflection. Someone calls you out weaksauce a “poor reading comprehension” out of it. Lebron is a sacred cow for your ilk. Defend his legacy at all costs. 😴

Typical deflection. Someone calls you out weaksauce a “poor reading comprehension” out of it. Lebron is a sacred cow for your ilk. Defend his legacy at all costs. 😴
Lol what did you “call me out” for exactly? I don’t care about LeBron, I don’t like dumbass casual fans spewing garbage. I’d say the same thing if the Heat won, but likely wouldn’t have to because this narrative wouldn’t exist. You seem more influenced by LeBron being involved than I am

Lol what did you “call me out” for exactly? I don’t care about LeBron, I don’t like dumbass casual fans spewing garbage. I’d say the same thing if the Heat won, but likely wouldn’t have to because this narrative wouldn’t exist. You seem more influenced by LeBron being involved than I am
You call it “garbage” because it bothers you and whenever LeBron is discussed, you rush to protect him in your motherly cloak. 😅 Weird for someone who “doesn’t care”. Take out a second of your busybody, know-it-all day and listen to YOURSELF “spewing” words like “casual fans” like you’re a purist moderator of who can dispense what opinions where…garbage. 😏

You call it “garbage” because it bothers you and whenever LeBron is discussed, you rush to protect him in your motherly cloak. 😅 Weird for someone who “doesn’t care”. Take out a second of your busybody, know-it-all day and listen to YOURSELF “spewing” words like “casual fans” like you’re a purist moderator of who can dispense what opinions where…garbage. 😏
Again, you're the one that keeps bringing up LeBron, so it seems like you're telling on yourself and also showing everyone what this is really about. "Casual fan" is a very common term and a good descriptor for the people who eat up the latest idiotic storyline like "Paul George is bad in the playoffs" in 2020 or the "Mickey Mouse ring" stuff. Calling that what it is is not "moderating"

Again, you're the one that keeps bringing up LeBron, so it seems like you're telling on yourself and also showing everyone what this is really about. "Casual fan" is a very common term and a good descriptor for the people who eat up the latest idiotic storyline like "Paul George is bad in the playoffs" in 2020 or the "Mickey Mouse ring" stuff. Calling that what it is is not "moderating"
YOU responded to ME boo! Invited yourself into a conversation with me and then pretend to know what I'm about...par for the course in every conversation between us. 😴

Bro really does not like LeBron lol

I don't have any issue with people saying MJ > (I agree) but some of these dudes act like LeBron is a bum, like he wouldn't dominate in MJ's era also. I assume part of it is political and disliking him personally because I can't fathom how anyone would put him down as a player like I've seen from these angry old guys on the internet. They aren't watching at worst or barely watching and not understanding what they are seeing at best

VN Store

Back