Last UT QB who stared down his WRs through the whole route??

Here's the thing. People are individuals. Nico and Bryce didn't play in the same groups growing up. Didn't have the same coaches, quality of competitions, innate abilities, or anything else. When I was a child, there was a girl who was my classmate from grade 1 - 6. She out ran all the boys, even some 2 years ahead of us class-wise. Same thing with arm wrestling, and no she wasn't a fatty, quite slim in fact. She was good at baseball too, but they wouldn't let her play because, being a good, she might get hurt. BS! She threw harder, ran faster, hit home runs. Point? Comparing Nico to Bryce or anybody else is ridiculous. Some folks are better physically, are more early experienced, were taught better, etc. than others. If you look at why certain players in the 1970s started using steroids, that testifies to the very things I just said. Look it up, The point is, they recognized certain natural, experience, and other factors disallows expecting equal performance.

Johnny Unitas could throw a ball farther than Bart Starr and more, he was a risk-taker, on his good days, you were better off not laying against him. But Vince Lombardi took a so and so Bart, and made him into an almost robot of efficiency, who won championships. Unitas didn't achieve that. You see, 2 + 2 doesn't really equal 4, because no two things are EXACTLY the same, not even when they are so-called identical twins.
You're getting there. Lombardi did whisper the Packers, more than just Starr, into a machine.

We've annointed, I've annointed Josh Heupel as the QB whisperer and culture builder because of what he did post-Pruitt with 25+ transfers and an investigation and then Hooker's amazing breakout.

Back to reality. Josh Heupel seems to have plateaued at UT. He's not baffling SEC competition anymore. He's not controlling the tempo of games, hitting them hard early to put them on their heels, offering "the next new thing" in the SEC anymore.

The reality is: Coach Heupel isn't doing what Lombardi did in Green Bay and continuing to drive the efficiency further and further. As we saw at UCF, he starts strong....... and tapers down.

It is what it is.

Being paid doesn't make you an expert. Experience does that. Truck drivers are paid, too. They're trained, certified, licensed, and what have you. and yet, inexperienced ones make bonehead errors, some that costs a company hundreds of thousands, if not a few million bucks. It's not the money that makes you an expert instead of an amateur, it's the experience. This is Nico's first experience as starter in the SEC. He's an amateur.
Words mean things. I agree with your first sentence, and “expert” is a good word there. Your last sentence is incorrect because Nico is not an amateur by any definition…well…except the haters may point to the less common definition of someone being incompetent. I don’t think he’s that bad.
858E84D7-F01B-442F-9812-55FB99E821B5.png

Yeah let's not call the redshirt freshman in his first year starting in a complex offense a freshman. I wish yall put half the effort into ragging our "veteran" OL as you do a QB in his first year starting after a redshirt year

You're getting there. Lombardi did whisper the Packers, more than just Starr, into a machine.

We've annointed, I've annointed Josh Heupel as the QB whisperer and culture builder because of what he did post-Pruitt with 25+ transfers and an investigation and then Hooker's amazing breakout.

Back to reality. Josh Heupel seems to have plateaued at UT. He's not baffling SEC competition anymore. He's not controlling the tempo of games, hitting them hard early to put them on their heels, offering "the next new thing" in the SEC anymore.

The reality is: Coach Heupel isn't doing what Lombardi did in Green Bay and continuing to drive the efficiency further and further. As we saw at UCF, he starts strong....... and tapers down.

It is what it is.
We'll see. Until then, I'm not joining the condemn him to the nether regions of the lost crowd.

Words mean things. I agree with your first sentence, and “expert” is a good word there. Your last sentence is incorrect because Nico is not an amateur by any definition…well…except the haters may point to the less common definition of someone being incompetent. I don’t think he’s that bad.
View attachment 686628
Have it your way, I'll have it my way.

Ya….but there are signs…..reason to be optimistic about this guy. But you’re correct, he needs to improve. Here’s to hoping that switch goes off sooner rather than later.

I remember the Georgia game, that we lost, when the switch flipped for Crompton.
That was Cromptons coming out party we throttled Georgia

We play in the SEC. The SEC has long been a conference analysts and others termed as cannibalistic. It's practically warfare each weekend. Like newly deployed soldiers, players may start off as all gung ho, brave glory seekers, and such. But here is the reality, and You Volgod makers either overlook by choice or otherwise. Army psychiatry applies to players too, especially QBs. Now like soldiers, there are individual exceptions, due to myriad reasons. But on average, the army is right in what they say.

Combat stress reaction is an acute reaction that includes a range of behaviors resulting from the stress of battle that decrease the combatant's fighting efficiency. The most common symptoms are fatigue, slower reaction times, indecision, disconnection from one's surroundings, and the inability to prioritize.
Tin foil hat time for you

Hate may be the most accurate word your post contains. Nico IS an amateur. Some of you Vols player haters really should root for another team. I don't think you belong here.
Just because I don’t have my head in the sand doesn’t mean I hate them. He has tons of potential. I also like the coaches and am enjoying this season of SEC parity more than I have in years. Every game is exciting.

But lets stop with the ra-ra and you ain’t a Vols fan. Dude has issues other really good freshmen, true freshmen, don’t seem to deal with. Sorry you can’t see that.

What was amazing to me, is when the pocket would collapse and he was forced to run to the side of the field he wasn’t staring down, he would immediately find an open target. That’s a mental thing. I don’t have it either and could only do worse, but again, stop pretending.

And yes our oline is pretty crappy. So why not bring in an extra TE or blocker. You honestly only need 2 WRs. He ain’t going to see but 1 anyway.

And thank God we beat FL. I can forgive bama and UGA, but not FL.

It’s tough not to get optimistic then see the writing on the wall if we don’t greatly improve. Hopefully the ones making excuses and saying not to worry won’t be saying “maybe next year” in the coming weeks. Anything short of the playoffs will be disappointing. Some act like the arky loss was perfectly fine because we had one to play with which is pretty sad.

Just because I don’t have my head in the sand doesn’t mean I hate them. He has tons of potential. I also like the coaches and am enjoying this season of SEC parity more than I have in years. Every game is exciting.

But lets stop with the ra-ra and you ain’t a Vols fan. Dude has issues other really good freshmen, true freshmen, don’t seem to deal with. Sorry you can’t see that.

What was amazing to me, is when the pocket would collapse and he was forced to run to the side of the field he wasn’t staring down, he would immediately find an open target. That’s a mental thing. I don’t have it either and could only do worse, but again, stop pretending.
I'm addicted to my Vols. I defend them against all comers, friends or foes. If you detest Nico so much, don't watch the Vols games, unless maybe they switch QBs. I have stated several times why his play is not satisfactory at this time. You have your take. I'm perhaps more passionate with mine. Unapologetically so. So there is that.

It’s tough not to get optimistic then see the writing on the wall if we don’t greatly improve. Hopefully the ones making excuses and saying not to worry won’t be saying “maybe next year” in the coming weeks. Anything short of the playoffs will be disappointing. Some act like the arky loss was perfectly fine because we had one to play with which is pretty sad.
Literally no one has said "we shouldn't worry"

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
If it's short-sighted, Heupel is the guilty person here. He's put UT in this position by not having an SEC ready QB.

I'll agree Nico is going to struggle and obviously is struggling against SEC competition. He's not the only member of our team who looked great against Kent State and iffy against anyone with a pulse.

Trying to put this all on Nico is missing the next link up in the chain. Who is responsible for Heard's apparently lousy effort? Who is responsible for the anemic play calls? Who is responsible for the VERY iffy clock management and game management?

This isn't primarily a Nico problem.
Welcome to college football where players have to be developed and you go to war with the best you have.
Nico has played against 3 decent defenses…..ever. The o line isn’t helping him either. There were signs in the 4th last night that he’s starting to get it.
When he turns the corner don’t come in here singing his praises. And absolutely don’t start talking about the wonderful job Hypel did developing him

Here's the thing. People are individuals. Nico and Bryce didn't play in the same groups growing up. Didn't have the same coaches, quality of competitions, innate abilities, or anything else. When I was a child, there was a girl who was my classmate from grade 1 - 6. She out ran all the boys, even some 2 years ahead of us class-wise. Same thing with arm wrestling, and no she wasn't a fatty, quite slim in fact. She was good at baseball too, but they wouldn't let her play because, being a good, she might get hurt. BS! She threw harder, ran faster, hit home runs. Point? Comparing Nico to Bryce or anybody else is ridiculous. Some folks are better physically, are more early experienced, were taught better, etc. than others. If you look at why certain players in the 1970s started using steroids, that testifies to the very things I just said. Look it up, The point is, they recognized certain natural, experience, and other factors disallows expecting equal performance.

Johnny Unitas could throw a ball farther than Bart Starr and more, he was a risk-taker, on his good days, you were better off not laying against him. But Vince Lombardi took a so and so Bart, and made him into an almost robot of efficiency, who won championships. Unitas didn't achieve that. You see, 2 + 2 doesn't really equal 4, because no two things are EXACTLY the same, not even when they are so-called identical twins.
Or the same O line to hide behind

VN Store

Back