Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Can you point out anyone on here who believes this is correct? Anyone at all?

And yet so many are oddly silent on the possible ramifications of the the President believing this. Maybe it's due to the lack of pre-cooked whatabouts. Maybe someone will cook one up by the time I reach the end of the thread.

Otherwise, I'm sure all of those who condemn this notion would agree that a president who believes he has "absolute power" is not fit to serve in that office.

He doesn’t understand the 10th amendment or states rights. Not a big deal to those on the right.
No one has made a big deal of it because everyone agreed he was wrong. Has anyone actually defended it, saying he was right? If everyone is in agreement he was wrong, why would there be an argument about it?

Reactions: allvol123
So the argument appears to be "Everyman for himself. But if I give you anything, you're my b**ch." Isn't that somewhere in the Constitution?

So the argument appears to be "Everyman for himself. But if I give you anything, you're my b**ch." Isn't that somewhere in the Constitution?

He needs to stop.

Oh wait... That son-of-a-biatch needs to stop! Doesn't that dumbazz fully comprehend the limits to his powers that the constitution spells out? I'm ****ing disgusted with this POS and his overreach.

Reactions: Purple Tiger
No one has made a big deal of it because everyone agreed he was wrong. Has anyone actually defended it, saying he was right? If everyone is in agreement he was wrong, why would there be an argument about it?
Has any gop politician come out to condemn his statements?

Yep, it's comical. The very same posters who have been blasting him for NOT exercising his mythic authority to shut down the entire country are complaining because he wrongly thinks he has the authority to open it back up.

It's a head scratcher.

Exactly. And those cries were not just coming from message board posters or the general public. You can trace that idea all the way to congress.

And yet so many are oddly silent on the possible ramifications of the the President believing this. Maybe it's due to the lack of pre-cooked whatabouts. Maybe someone will cook one up by the time I reach the end of the thread.

Otherwise, I'm sure all of those who condemn this notion would agree that a president who believes he has "absolute power" is not fit to serve in that office.

Prey tell .. how would he go about taking control of this absolute power to oppress us all with his authoritarian absolutism ?

not at all

Obama claims a pen and phone and the right loses their minds. Trump claims absolute power and it's just words. Funny
Obama actually used his pen and his phone. And no one has agreed with Trump's statement.

I feel like people are not grasping that no one has agreed that Trump has absolute power.

Obama actually used his pen and his phone. And no one has agreed with Trump's statement.

I feel like people are not grasping that no one has agreed that Trump has absolute power.
According to VNPF rules if they haven't condemned it then they endorse it. I'm just wondering if gop leaders have the ability to speak up

Prey tell .. how would he go about taking control of this absolute power to oppress us all with his authoritarian absolutism ?
The question you should ask is how do we prevent it.

But, you would start complaining that Trump is being unfairly picked on, if I told you the obvious answer. The second involves someone who just reaffirmed the President's assertion. The third is just ignoring the problem and hoping the authoritarian leaders don't interfere with the people's remedy.

VN Store

Back