Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

I never claimed it had anything to do with racism and xenophobia. I merely stated that Trump also created internment camps.
Which your side has beat the racism drum over, those are jails which we hold people who have broken law by coming here illegally. Believe me when the shoe is on the other foot, they aren't as nice in Mexico and conditions are much worse

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
@ClearwaterVol ,
I wish you could have stayed a while longer and discussed those stats. I am tired of the other discussions. I am keenly interested in America's response and analyzing the appropriateness of it.

I don't think the CDC is sinister, and I believe they think they are doing the right thing. But I don't know if it is right. I also don't know if their guidelines are for CYA than for anything else.

I am watching Sweden's numbers. A western society which took a different approach. It will be interesting how their tally looks compared to our after all is said and done.

I would really like to see more detail on what Sweden is doing.

They push back very hard on the notion that their approach is "do nothing."

I know they put limits around restaurant seating - but it still sounded like quite a bit. They are strongly encouraging social distancing. They basically wanted to leave it to the people and felt confident they would appropriately distance. Well, are they? What has restaurant traffic done? Road traffic? Are jobs sending people to work from home? I suspect this isn't business as usual.

I never claimed it had anything to do with racism and xenophobia. I merely stated that Trump also created internment camps.
not for US citizens who are innocent of crimes, which is the actual difference.

and i notice you didn't have a rebuttal for the other fascist things FDR did that you somehow support

Reactions: vols40
I really don't know anything beyond what I shared. My first time dining at a Pappas was in the mid 90s. Back then they had a blurb about how the founder and the company started on their menu. I remembered it because of the tie in to Lebanon, TN...i grew up about 40 miles from there.

I didn't know that.

I live in the Houston area now - been there a number of times.

Reactions: McDad

I know they put limits around restaurant seating - but it still sounded like quite a bit. They are strongly encouraging social distancing. They basically wanted to leave it to the people and felt confident they would appropriately distance. Well, are they? What has restaurant traffic done? Road traffic? Are jobs sending people to work from home? I suspect this isn't business as usual.

I think Swedes may be naturally inclined to distance. Perhaps I am thinking of Finns, though. I also suspect they followed the advice because I think the tend to be compliant on stuff like that. I also find them to be self aware of the bigger picture and their role in the larger community.

I think the Swedish approach is going to change dramatically in the next few days. Particularly in Stockholm.

Sweden: 22 Scientists Say Coronavirus Strategy Has Failed As Deaths Top 1,000

Actually, I stated FDR was likely our most fascist-like president, stating he admired and was admired by fascists and authoritarians. That's simply true, and I didn't even talk about his using the IRS against political opponents.

But I did not say he was a fascist. That's now 160 lies for you in a couple posts. You also made that false claim when we exchanged months ago, so 161 lies.

We're gonna' need a bigger calculator, Purp.

I remember studying about FDR in HS and he was absolutely loved and hated. (sound familiar in modern times?) Whether liked or not, FDR was instrumental in turning the U.S. into a world superpower, establishment of FDIC, Social security created during his administration, Fair labor standards act, and helped lead the allied coalition to victory in WW2. Downsides pointed out by hogg & utvolpj citing extension of depression and detaining Japanese people are not forgiven.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
I remember studying about FDR in HS and he was absolutely loved and hated. (sound familiar in modern times?) Whether liked or not, FDR was instrumental in turning the U.S. into a world superpower, establishment of FDIC, Social security created during his administration, Fair labor standards act, and helped lead the allied coalition to victory in WW2. Downsides pointed out by hogg & utvolpj citing extension of depression and detaining Japanese people are not forgiven.

Id throw the federal slush fund known as SS in the negative list.

1. Hitler's second election was won with no opposition allowed to run against him.
2. Hitler wasn't elected President. He just assumed those powers after Hindenberg's death.

Is Mousolini's first name Mickey?
Probably. He was as animated as any Disney creation. Hated the jews too. Hmmmm.....

I dont think forcing out competition is the lone requirement for fascism.

FDR would have never sacked up and did what unfortunately was necessary to end WWII. In retrospect waiting as long as we did got us where we were.

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
@ClearwaterVol ,
I wish you could have stayed a while longer and discussed those stats. I am tired of the other discussions. I am keenly interested in America's response and analyzing the appropriateness of it.

I don't think the CDC is sinister, and I believe they think they are doing the right thing. But I don't know if it is right. I also don't know if their guidelines are for CYA than for anything else.

I am watching Sweden's numbers. A western society which took a different approach. It will be interesting how their tally looks compared to our after all is said and done.

Yes, we are operating purely on a belief system, based upon a relative handful of "experts" opinion of best action. Sweden's per capita cases and deaths have been worse than ours throughout, but so what? What if it shakes out and their rates are twice as high, was damaging the economy and millions of lives worth the lockdown?

A severe flu season will take out 70-80K Americans and we don't shut down every season. It's a though the flu dead are less dead than from C19.

Oh his reign of terror goes far beyond that.

He did a LOT of illegal and unconstitutional things in the name of "the greater good". He was a tyrant in most instances but DID exhibit some great leadership in WWII. If he had just limited the Social Security and other programs into a 10-15 year program instead of how it is, and had used more foresight to separate health insurance from employers and make it more like other insurance, i truly believe things would have been better today in those areas

Reactions: PEPPERJAX

VN Store

Back