Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

My absolute favorite place. I try to go anytime I am near one.

There are none in Mid TN. :confused:

Great overall set of restaurants. Not necessarily my favorite in any one category - but strong game all around.

If I know that I'm going to get steak fajitas - I prefer Lupe's.

But for general TexMex, Papa's is good.

Papa's BBQ if pretty good as well - but again, for a single dish my favorite in town is Pinkerton's brisket.

He did a LOT of illegal and unconstitutional things in the name of "the greater good". He was a tyrant in most instances but DID exhibit some great leadership in WWII. If he had just limited the Social Security and other programs into a 10-15 year program instead of how it is, and had used more foresight to separate health insurance from employers and make it more like other insurance, i truly believe things would have been better today in those areas

I would have loved to see Churchill in a room one on one with him to convince him to get into the war sooner.

Great overall set of restaurants. Not necessarily my favorite in any one category - but strong game all around.

If I know that I'm going to get steak fajitas - I prefer Lupe's.

But for general TexMex, Papa's is good.

Papa's BBQ if pretty good as well - but again, for a single dish my favorite in town is Pinkerton's brisket.
It aint Buffalo Wild Wings before UT annually beats UK on the gridiron.

I remember studying about FDR in HS and he was absolutely loved and hated. (sound familiar in modern times?) Whether liked or not, FDR was instrumental in turning the U.S. into a world superpower, establishment of FDIC, Social security created during his administration, Fair labor standards act, and helped lead the allied coalition to victory in WW2. Downsides pointed out by hogg & utvolpj citing extension of depression and detaining Japanese people are not forgiven.
You left out the National Industrial Recovery Act, which produced the National Recovery Administration. That might have been the worst thing to come out of the New Deal, which is saying a lot. Thank God for the Supreme Court.

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
He did a LOT of illegal and unconstitutional things in the name of "the greater good". He was a tyrant in most instances but DID exhibit some great leadership in WWII. If he had just limited the Social Security and other programs into a 10-15 year program instead of how it is, and had used more foresight to separate health insurance from employers and make it more like other insurance, i truly believe things would have been better today in those areas

I am glad you brought up the greater good. I have heard the “greater good” mentioned a lot during this pandemic by so many people. Where do you all stand on the greater good for where we are now as a country? Trump appears eager to reopen the economy but what is the risk health wise for the citizens of the U.S. if this is rushed too soon? Wait too long and the economic ramifications could be devastating. The country is already dealing with over 17 million people out of the job. Luckily, I am not one of those people that lost their job but I see the weekly losses of revenue for the corporation that employs me and wonder how long can we sustain losses this great?

Reactions: Purple Tiger

VN Store

Back