Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

We keep putting the same people in office, expecting different results.

Insanity.jpg

Two bad candidates, and people are more obsessed with politics and Trump hate/love. Neither Trump nor Biden deserve to be elected, but no one worth a damn will run for the office.

I disagree entirely; Trump is what we knew he was - a coarse, flawed human being - and he has also proven to be an effective president doing exactly what he ran on, putting Americans and their well-being first, and sticking a knife in the tryranny of unelected bureaucracy. Unless someone thinks that an unworthy goal, I can think of no president more deserving of re-election.

We can acknowledge his foibles without going overboard.

Last edited:
Reactions: volbeast33
Social distancing until 2022? Harvard study says without a vaccine or better treatments its possible.

Social distancing 'may need to last until 2022'
This is just lazy science.

"Study shows all skydiving deaths prevented by banning skydiving".

Brilliant analysis. Earth shattering stuff.

This is why you don't let scientists live in a bubble. The optimal solution to saving the most lives is completely infeasible, so what are we even doing here?

This is not even considering the fact that the black box models have been completely wrong every step of the way.

Pennsylvania State Senate votes to Override governor's stay-at-home order

The Pennsylvania State Senate on Wednesday sent a bill that would partially lift the lockdown on most of the state’s businesses to Gov. Tom Wolf’s (D) desk.

The measure, Senate Bill 613, would require the governor’s office to align with federal guidelines in determining which businesses will be allowed to reopen during the pandemic, allowing all those that can safely operate with mitigation strategies under Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency guidelines.

The measure passed the senate 29-21 Wednesday after passing the state House 107-95 Tuesday.

The Republican senate also approved a bill that would allow county governments to implement their own plans to reopen independent of the state’s plan.

Pennsylvania State Senate votes to override governor's stay-at-home order

Your timeline of when trump banned travel to/from China. About a week after the Pelosi's comment.

Jan 29 - Trump created task force response team.
Jan. 30 China quarantines Hubei.
Jan 30 The WHO declares international health emergency.
Jan 31 Trump declares national health emergency and announces China travel ban and quarantine measures.

Feb 24 Pelosi hard-selling Chinatown

Reactions: tennvols77
how so? I will ridicule someone if their actions are selfish and endanger the lives of innocent people. If President Obama did drugs in private....is that bad? It is no different than Newt Gingrich going after Clinton for an affair when he himself was having an affair at the time. That was peak hypocritical.
Newt never committed perjury, though.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
I disagree entirely; Trump is what we knew he was - a coarse, flawed human being - and he has also proven to be an effective president doing exactly what he ran on, putting Americans and their well-being first, and sticking a knife in the tryranny of unelected bureaucracy. Unless someone thinks that an unworthy goal, I can think of a president more deserving of re-election.

We can acknowledge his foibles without going overboard.
I have many policy complaints against DJT that don't even touch his brash, abrasive demeanor. I don't care if he spits on the press corps, moons them, or flips them off. Don't care what juvenile names he calls others in DC.
The fiscal side of it is more frightening than any virus. We cannot continue to spend like money is infinite.

No one is going to get a global pandemic and a potential great depression in the making, 'right'. But to have media and House and Senate Dem leaders continue pushing a false narrative that Trump did nothing, didn't listen to the experts, etc. is simply a grand lie during an actual crisis. The pandemic is going to be small fooking potatoes if we reach Depression-era levels of unemployment and destruction of the economy.

And throughout, Democrats contribution from impeachment to investigating C19 response, will have been "Just get him, hook or crook". They carried Russia's water, now China's. At some point, we have to call you treasonous.
lol.........
I hate Trump and think he's horrible.
You love Trump and think he's great.
Blah, blah, blah.........
You think my desire to see him removed from office is borderline treasonous.
I think your continued support is borderline treasonous.
blah, blah, blah..........
This was all clearly evident and predictable from the moment he won the nomination.
Regardless, I'm hoping the country returns to "normal" ASAP. I'm on the "we have to be willing to take reasonable risks" train.
The debate over Trump's performance during this is a bore - I give him a D.

I can't figure out why someone who should be our president would want to be our president. What our country needs is not what the population will tolerate.
Partisanship is strangling our country, and actual decent, qualified people do not want to get caught up in the game of tit for tat. Both parties would rather tear each other apart than work together for the benefit of all.

I have many policy complaints against DJT that don't even touch his brash, abrasive demeanor. I don't care if he spits on the press corps, moons them, or flips them off. Don't care what juvenile names he calls others in DC.
The fiscal side of it is more frightening than any virus. We cannot continue to spend like money is infinite.
That is my one major complaint with trump...... of course I don’t see any candidate wanting to address it.

VN Store

Back