Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Michigan Democrat Gov. Gretchen Whitmer: Abortions Are ‘Life-Sustaining’

APRIL 16TH, 2020

Michigan Democratic Governor Gretchen Whitmer said during an interview on Thursday that abortion services needed to be provided during the COVID-19 pandemic because they are “life-sustaining.”

Whitmer made the remarks on David Axelrod’s “Axe Files” podcast while discussing other states that have sought to shut down abortions during the shutdown.

“As we speak, in Texas and a couple of other states, I think Ohio may be another, the state has asked to suspend abortion services as part of this COVID-19 protocol,” Axelrod said. “This is probably gonna go to the Supreme Court. What is your reaction to that? You’re a governor, you have to make these decisions as well, there are other procedures that have been suspended.”

“You know, we stopped elective surgeries here in Michigan, and some people have tried to say that that type of a procedure is considered the same, and that’s ridiculous,” Whitmer responded. “You know, a woman’s health care, her whole future, her ability to decide if and when she starts a family is not an election, it is a fundamental to her life.”

Gretchen-Whitmer-2-scaled.jpg

So I am confused...

You guys rip him when he calls it the chinese flu but now u are ripping him cause he doesn't.

Seems you are gonna rip him no matter what.

You certainly are confused. I'll wait while you find any time I criticized him for saying Chinese virus. Take all the time you need, or go ahead and admit you're just making **** up now.

Ironically, you now seem to be what you claim to hate...
tenor.gif

APRIL 16TH, 2020

Michigan Democratic Governor Gretchen Whitmer said during an interview on Thursday that abortion services needed to be provided during the COVID-19 pandemic because they are “life-sustaining.”

Whitmer made the remarks on David Axelrod’s “Axe Files” podcast while discussing other states that have sought to shut down abortions during the shutdown.

“As we speak, in Texas and a couple of other states, I think Ohio may be another, the state has asked to suspend abortion services as part of this COVID-19 protocol,” Axelrod said. “This is probably gonna go to the Supreme Court. What is your reaction to that? You’re a governor, you have to make these decisions as well, there are other procedures that have been suspended.”

“You know, we stopped elective surgeries here in Michigan, and some people have tried to say that that type of a procedure is considered the same, and that’s ridiculous,” Whitmer responded. “You know, a woman’s health care, her whole future, her ability to decide if and when she starts a family is not an election, it is a fundamental to her life.”

Taking a life away is "life sustaining". Quite ironic

First result on DuckDuckGo image search:

View attachment 271983

Whitmer stay home order protest turns into Trump celebration with Confederate flags and guns ⋆ Michigan Advance

Maybe it’s stock footage and they photoshopped the mask.
🤷🏻‍♂️

Maybe, but I don't see it changes my post an iota. How do you, as governor, turn a Confederate flag, or let's say even several as she claimed - into the representative sample while ignoring perhaps hundreds of American flags toted by MI citizens?

By being a savage, conniving bich.

Maybe, but I don't see it changes my post an iota. How do you, as governor, turn a Confederate flag, or let's say even several as she claimed - into the representative sample while ignoring perhaps hundreds of American flags toted by MI citizens?

You would think if you're protesting the state you would use the state flag.

APRIL 16TH, 2020

She knows she has to appeal to the radical base if she wants to be VP

Only changes the representation that was staked on your credibility.... nbd.

APRIL 16TH, 2020

Well, she's consistent. She doesn't want you to plant seeds or harvest them.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I think people from rural areas with limited resources and low numbers of cases, driving into a city and potentially exposing themselves and their community to the virus over some performative culture war nonsense is pretty dimwitted.

I do have some sympathy for people in rural areas that are being hurt by these state wide bans that appear to only be helping people in cities.

It seems like even a federalist system isn’t decentralized enough for this situation. Some of these rural areas ought to have local officials holding virtual town halls to explain “we have this many cases and this many beds and we can’t just send everybody to the city for treatment.” (Because that’s what rural hospitals usually do with complex cases). Let people make up their own minds with full information...

...and then mock the **** out of them when they make the wrong decision.

why do you think this was their motivation?

I’ve never gotten interested in this story, maybe because I’m not a ****** enough person to say “told you so” over something that could actually be devastating news to a lot of people.
most people would have never know about it, but.......

VN Store

Back