Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

As defined in Gov. Ron DeSantis’ (idiot Guv of Fl) Executive Order, essential activities include the following:

-Participating in recreational activities consistent with social distancing guidelines
-Such as walking, biking, hiking, fishing, running, swimming, taking care of pets and surfing

Does this fool understand the definition of "essential"?

Essentially not.
Exercise and Vitamin D arent essential? You must be fat and never lettered in s***.

Correct. Flattening the curve was done to save lives by making sure medical care could be provided to everyone over a longer period of time, not by limiting the number of people that get infected under the entire curve.

However, people are attempting to move the goalposts and say that we need to keep the quarantine for 1 year+ until a vaccine is avaliable and prevent infections.

I highly doubt that's going to save lives in totality.

True post and the only reason I feel like the shutdown at the time was warranted but in hindsight I still don't think extending it was right. People have to go back to work.

Correct. Flattening the curve was done to save lives by making sure medical care could be provided to everyone over a longer period of time, not by limiting the number of people that get infected under the entire curve.

However, people are attempting to move the goalposts and say that we need to keep the quarantine for 1 year+ until a vaccine is avaliable and prevent infections.

I highly doubt that's going to save lives in totality.
Seems like the point of the last 4 weeks was to increase capacity to give medical care. I mean even if the confirmed numbers are off by a factor of 10, only like 2% of the country has had it. It’s hard to know how much expansion has been done.

People are starting to forget why we are doing this.

First, we were flattening the curve to prevent overloading the hospitals. Now that it looks like the projections were wrong and we aren't going to overload hospitals, it's about saving lives through prevention.

We aren't going to save any lives by quarantining for 12 months waiting for a vaccine.

Freight train load of bull. 95% of the hospitals in America have nothing going on and are available to aid the urban ones in housing patients if someone was remotely smart enough to coordinate. In a county of 100,000 our hospital is a ghost town where corona is concerned. they cancelled all selective surgeries, non-emergency stuff, etc., cleared the way for a pandemic that never happened, and subsequently furloed over 400 employees cause the hospital is slow and they are not needed.

U. of Washington Diversity Official: Chinese Virus May Have ‘Originated’ in America

A diversity official at the University of Washington told students this week that the Chinese virus may have originated in the United States. The comment was made by Vice President for Minority Affairs and Diversity Rickey Hall on Wednesday during a webinar on discrimination in the age of the Chinese virus.

University-of-Washington-Rickey-Hall-2-640x480.jpg

According to a report by The College Fix, an official at the University of Washington told students on Wednesday that the Chinese virus could have originated in the United States. On Wednesday, Rickey Hall, vice president for minority affairs and diversity, hosted a webinar on discrimination in the age of a global pandemic.

“We don’t know where this virus originated,” Hall said during the webinar. “It could have originated in the United States.”

Professor Jennifer Ho of the University of Colorado Boulder and Emory University official Wanda Collins also participated in the webinar. Both Ho and Collins argued that some Americans have adopted “racist practices” in response to the pandemic, such as referring to the virus by its country of origin.

Collins argued that some Americans are wrongly blaming the Chinese government for the pandemic. Collins went to say that she is worried that Americans will use the pandemic as justification to discriminate against China and Chinese-Americans.

U. of Washington Diversity Official: Chinese Virus May Have 'Originated' in America
Stopped reading at "Diversity official". Thats how I knew the rest of the story was going to be 100% Libloon Bullsh!t.

Trump, like almost everyone, has been on the entire spectrum from being for a complete lock down to opening everything up in the span of the last two months.

It doesn't take Perry Mason to see which way the wind blows on any given day and find a Trump quote that sounds wrong. Pretty convenient those same detectives won't ever actually call it in the air and make their predictions as to what we should be doing.

Does anyone see a problem with this?
Trump administration pays bankrupt firm with no employees $55 million for N95 masks

"The FEMA contract pays Panthera about $5.50 per mask, while established suppliers such as 3M charge about $0.63 per mask, the Post reports. "

Problem... pffft. I bet those butthurt Dems in congress will try to find out if it's above board.. Maybe they should try a different way to hurt Trump rather than oversight. Boy is that one getting old.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Does anyone see a problem with this?
Trump administration pays bankrupt firm with no employees $55 million for N95 masks

"The FEMA contract pays Panthera about $5.50 per mask, while established suppliers such as 3M charge about $0.63 per mask, the Post reports. "
Yeah thats a problem. Blame the government contracting process. Wanna take it a step further? Blame the uneducated affirmative action hires that proliferate HR and contracting in the government.

I've worked in civil service or the military under 4 presidents, this happens all the time. For example, I can't just go to Staples and buy desks for my employees, desks that are adequate and relatively inexpensive. Nope. I have to go through GSA and spend a fortune on stuff literally made by federal prisoners.

Reactions: RollinVol and hog88
I do believe that suggested that millions of lives were saved by the shutdown measures. So, you are saying that he did so at just the right time and that any sooner wouldn't wouldn't have saved any lives. Or is he just listening to advisors and was wrong?

By the way, since you skipped over my other point, who gave him the idea that he has "absolute authority", and who needs to be dismissed for that little error?

The absolute authority was BS and I said so at the time - not sure how often I have to say it.

I've also said he personally has done a marginal job - most of that being his usual crazy commentary.

I'm also not saying it was "exactly the right time". I'm saying it was in time to hit the goal of mitigation efforts - it succeeded. No one died because of overburdened HC systems.

And finally yes I'm saying that shutting down sooner wouldn't have changed the total death rate we will see from Covid. The shutdown goal was to flatten the curve, not eliminate the curve (which isn't possible).

Reactions: McDad
Freight train load of bull. 95% of the hospitals in America have nothing going on and are available to aid the urban ones in housing patients if someone was remotely smart enough to coordinate. In a county of 100,000 our hospital is a ghost town where corona is concerned. they cancelled all selective surgeries, non-emergency stuff, etc., cleared the way for a pandemic that never happened, and subsequently furloed over 400 employees cause the hospital is slow and they are not needed.
What you highlighted is 100% true. It looks like it was a complete over reaction as of right now. Especially in rural areas, but that was the purpose.

Reactions: McDad
Great Friday off from work. Went to Lowes, bought some new exterior doors for my mansion. Hit up Costco and stocked up on, well, not the essentials. Did some neighborhood snooping for possible 2nd home purchase when the market crashes. All without a mask.

If he had shut down all international air travel earlier, do you think some people would be alive today?

You can argue "facts" if you like on this, but if you doubt my assertion, then I suppose it was pointless that he eventually shut it down, as it wouldn't make any difference.

More people may be alive today if he would have shut down all international air travel, but that wouldn't have changed the amount of deaths from this virus. We would just be 2-3 weeks behind where we are today.

Reactions: McDad and FLVOL_79
More people may be alive today if he would have shut down all international air travel, but that wouldn't have changed the amount of deaths from this virus. We would just be 2-3 weeks behind where we are today.

a more succinct way to say it though I'd say it would be over a longer time than 2 - 3 weeks.

The absolute authority was BS and I said so at the time - not sure how often I have to say it.

I've also said he personally has done a marginal job - most of that being his usual crazy commentary.

I'm also not saying it was "exactly the right time". I'm saying it was in time to hit the goal of mitigation efforts - it succeeded. No one died because of overburdened HC systems.

And finally yes I'm saying that shutting down sooner wouldn't have changed the total death rate we will see from Covid. The shutdown goal was to flatten the curve, not eliminate the curve (which isn't possible).

Yes, and I said as much, that "almost everyone agrees" is the usual response. But that wasn't my question. Who needs the axe for putting those ideas in his head? It's a pretty serious error, if not an outright delusion. Again, is it not worthy of it's own thread, if we are headed off topic?

Actually maybe there is one, I haven't peeked out of this one in a while.

Yes, and I said as much, that "almost everyone agrees" is the usual response. But that wasn't my question. Who needs the axe for putting those ideas in his head? It's a pretty serious error, if not an outright delusion. Again, is it not worthy of it's own thread, if we are headed off topic?

Actually maybe there is one, I haven't peeked out of this one in a while.

Personally I doubt he believed it himself - just the dumb "negotiation" games he plays.

As defined in Gov. Ron DeSantis’ (idiot Guv of Fl) Executive Order, essential activities include the following:

-Participating in recreational activities consistent with social distancing guidelines
-Such as walking, biking, hiking, fishing, running, swimming, taking care of pets and surfing

Does this fool understand the definition of "essential"?

Essentially not.

This is very reasonable and should be done for several areas of the country outside of densely populated areas. Being outside and active in your lifestyle is going not only be essential to fighting this virus but fighting mental/emotional health as well. If you can leave your home and get on a bike or go for a walk or go for a ride to the lake or go to the beach or go get in your boat in the water without getting within 6 feet of others you don't know you are going to be perfectly fine! It is actually going to be significantly better for you than being locked up in your house.

Now if you live in a high rise apartment in New York City that might be a different story. If when you leave your home you go through a hallway that several people have to go through, touch the elevator button that several people have touched, possibly get in an elevator with multiple people, go into a lobby possibly with multiple people and go into a parking garage with possibly several other people it may just be more dangerous to just get out of your home and it may be best if you stay put.

For the other 98%+ of the country this more than likely may not be the case and we cannot treat them like they are New York City.

We have got to stop treating this virus as if it is everywhere in the air and if we come out of our hole and breathe outside air we might get it!

Now how the hell do you figure that. Let's say one person contracted it from someone from an airport, who was already recovering from the flu, and that person died when they caught COVID, and otherwise would have lived.

You can say I'm giving an extreme scenario, but Trumps claims of millions of lives saved because of shutdown measures must really be off base.

Now how the hell do you figure that. Let's say one person contracted it from someone from an airport, who was already recovering from the flu, and that person died when they caught COVID, and otherwise would have lived.

You can say I'm giving an extreme scenario, but Trumps claims of millions of lives saved because of shutdown measures must really be off base.

I don't think many if any lives were saved by his air travel shutdowns. The virus was here, it was spreading and the end results shutdown or not would be similar.

VN Store

Back