Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

IHME just dropped project TN deaths from 487 to 231.
We are at 142 as of today, 89 to go.

It's mind boggling the cost to prevent Armageddon and that's what we end up with. Were the social distancing/shut downs ever factored into their projections? If so, how could they have been so wrong? Was it worth it in the end?

I have got to believe a lot of people are, or soon will be, asking those questions.

I can't wait until the next pandemic comes along, now we know what the response will be. I'm sure there are some unscrupolous creatures around taking copious notes. A new weapon of terror. Develop a disease that is highly contagious and deadly, develop your vaccine/antidote/treatments, keep them for yourselves, release the kracken, inherit the world.

Never pass up the opportunity to buy toilet paper.

Last edited:
...and you will make the same defense for Biden, that you did for Kavanaugh... and Trump? Sure thing.
I still feel the same as I did then. Allegations should always be investigated, but sometimes people lie, even women, even about sexual assault. Do you still feel all women should be believed when they come forward?

And like it or not, it illustrates the hypocrisy and leanings of media when they turn allegations against one side into a circus while basically keeping mum about allegations of the same against the other.

I still feel the same as I did then. Allegations should always be investigated, but sometimes people lie, even women, even about sexual assault. Do you still feel all women should be believed when they come forward?

And like it or not, it illustrates the hypocrisy and leanings of media when they turn allegations against one side into a circus while basically keeping mum about allegations of the same against the other.

Justice Kavanaugh and Thomas appreciate your support

Reactions: mackievol

I have never felt that way... and this is one time when you are correct about everyone being a hypocrite.

Reactions: mackievol
I have never felt that way... and this is one time when you are correct about everyone being a hypocrite.

Not pointing out you, but some apparently believe only all women that accuse Republicans should be believed, and none of the ones that accuse Dems should.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
I so hope you are correct. Antibiotics (and other meds) can be weird. There are some people pointing to the negative impact of the hydrochloroquine leading to larger problems (and some people may have a political motive for pointing that out but whatever), but that can happen with anything. My wife is severely allergic to cephalosporins, supposedly, because she had a bad reaction to cephalex once, but is it really the drug itself or is it something else in the drug--e.g., where was it manufactured and under what conditions and using what other ingredients? A lady in my community had to be hospitalized a few years back after taking Augmentin (which she had taken before numerous times), and she actually talked a doctor into giving it to her again and had no problems. I had a severe allergic reaction to Tequin, a quinolone no longer on the market, but when my appendix burst, I had no issues with Cipro (which put my mother into respiratory arrest, but she can now take Levaquin). I guess what I'm saying is that there are a lot of things that can happen with medications, adults should know such things, and I don't see a problem with being hopeful. The whole thing with "Hey, let's consume this aquarium cleaner" is dumbassery, plain and simple.
I thought it was actually an article from the onion at first. Then I found out it was real. They actually drank aquarium cleaner. Duh.
Look up red man syndrome and pimphygus vulgaris for some interesting reading, the latter is not drug induced. I have seen 4 cases of red man in my career, all 4 associated with vancomycin. I had a pt on a ventricular assistive device that had it. When I touched him his skin peeled off in sheets. I refused to turn him until they put him on a pain pump. He would beg me not to turn him, my unit coordinator got upset with me, i made her go in with me. She changed her tune quickly.

I reacted to lisinopril and have permanently scared areas on my upper forearms from it after 3 doses, my ears were on fire with the last dose. We are seeing more and more reactions to that specific drug. I've seen people's faces that aren't recognizable from lisinopril reactions we intubate them and on x-ray all we can see it the tube with their trachea swollen closed around it. It would have killed them had we not intubated them.
Certain drugs we give even though listed as an allergy. We just prep them before we give it.
Benadryl, steroids and something to decrease stomach acid.
I've gone through 5 penicillan desensitization with pts. They get a form of pcn every hour for 16 hours. It's an interesting project but they are in ICU should they react badly. None of mine did. Thankfully.
Drugs can be highly beneficial like antibiotics, they are curative. The majority of drugs we give are purely to control symptoms. If people had healthy diets and exercise from birth we could get rid of 80% of the drugs we give. Some drugs, like chemo, kill cancer cells and healthy cells.
I give the broad spectrum antibiotics all the time. I've only ever seen 6 people who have a bug that's resistant to all antibiotics. Call the CDC with those findings and you'll have a rep there within a day. And they will turn every stone to find out about it.
Some people have zero reaction to meds. Others react to everything. The immune system is an amazing thing, when it runs normally we get back to a normal level of function when it runs amuck it's hard to get under control and can cause severe damage to the body (covid sets up a condition that specifically highlights an immune response cascade that doesnt stop) HCQ stops the virus before the body can set off all the cascades of attack. I think it mitigates the response pretty well in conjunction with other drugs.
Sorry, long post.

VN Store

Back