Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

A judge in our county (which includes suburbs of Houston to the north) issued an order yesterday, immediately releasing residents from the governor’s Stay at Home order (which is still in effect for other parts of the state till April 30).
Any politician forcing businesses to shut down needs to have their pay docked for however long their executive order lasted. Then they can say "we are all in this together".

Homeland Security warns Terrorists could Strike grocery stores, hospitals, testing sites and gas stations to bring the stricken nation to its knees

Terrorists looking to sow fear and panic across the nation as it is weighed down by the coronavirus pandemic could strike gas stations, testing sites, supermarkets, and other areas, the federal government is warning.

Though such an attack is considered unlikely, authorities are nonetheless asking the general public to watch out for any suspicious activity.

The DHS's Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency issued a nationwide notice saying 'it is imperative that law enforcement be alert for potential individuals triggered by the pandemic to inflict further harm, and [that agencies] provide residents with information that can augment community safety and security.'

DHS said that while 'there are currently no imminent or credible threats, there has been an increase in online hate speech intended to incite violence and/or use the ongoing situation as an excuse to inflict hate.'

The department warns that the 'potential threat environment' has changed as 'public gathering areas' during the coronavirus pandemic have come to include 'COVID-19 mobile screening stations, gas stations, still-open houses of worship, grocery stores, and other retailers that have been approved to do business.'

Homeland Security warns terrorists could strike grocery stores, hospitals, and testing sites | Daily Mail Online
They must not have been paying attention to the guns and ammo that was sold in the last 2 months.

Reactions: DynaLo
Manufacturing an affordable product won't happen. People can't afford $1000 for a set of tires. I'm guessing that's on the low end.

Yes I misunderstood you. I agree this is going to be a problem. Not for every item or every industry...but for most of them.

There’s a reason why discount retailers are flooded with Chinese goods.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Yes I misunderstood you. I agree this is going to be a problem. Not for every item or every industry...but for most of them.

There’s a reason why discount retailers are flooded with Chinese goods.

Yeah, I'm all for giving it a go, but it doesn't add up.

Cops had no masks and weren’t social distancing.
Exactly. Both this incident and EL's post with De Blasio summarize the hypocrisy of these government people quite nicely.

They want you to give up your life and livelihood, while they themselves haven't given up a single paycheck. They don't give a crap about social distancing while forcing everyone else to comply.

Reactions: volfanjustin
Adam Has to Cut This Schiff Out: He Demands that Trump Stop Blaming China and the WHO for Wuhan Flu

Posted at 9:00 am on April 18, 2020 by Elizabeth Vaughn

Days after Fox News’ Brett Baier reported the stunning news that multiple officials have “high confidence” the Wuhan Flu originated from the Wuhan Institute of Virology, a Level 4 biological testing lab located in Wuhan, China, top House Democrat Adam Schiff (CA) tells President Trump to stop blaming China, the WHO, or the states.

d687126b-2abf-4736-b5b3-817a476c90d9.jpg

Baier told Sean Hannity his sources are “100% confident that China altered the data, the statistics. They did a lot of things to contain the information. Meanwhile, they cut down – as you mentioned – travel from Wuhan internally, but left the international flights going and that’s obviously how you have a spread like this.” The CCP didn’t want those infected in Wuhan to spread the disease inside of China, but were fine with them spreading it to the rest of the world. Perhaps, in the case of the United States, they saw it as an opportunity.

My question for the dangerous and repellent Schiff is why wouldn’t President Trump blame China?

This morally bankrupt, partisan hack, with the assistance of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, has done more to harm the U.S. in the past four years than any other individual.

Adam Has to Cut This Schiff Out: He Demands that Trump Stop Blaming China and the WHO for Wuhan Flu

Days after Fox News’ Brett Baier reported the stunning news that multiple officials have “high confidence” the Wuhan Flu originated from the Wuhan Institute of Virology, a Level 4 biological testing lab located in Wuhan, China, top House Democrat Adam Schiff (CA) tells President Trump to stop blaming China, the WHO, or the states.

Baier told Sean Hannity his sources are “100% confident that China altered the data, the statistics. They did a lot of things to contain the information. Meanwhile, they cut down – as you mentioned – travel from Wuhan internally, but left the international flights going and that’s obviously how you have a spread like this.” The CCP didn’t want those infected in Wuhan to spread the disease inside of China, but were fine with them spreading it to the rest of the world. Perhaps, in the case of the United States, they saw it as an opportunity.

My question for the dangerous and repellent Schiff is why wouldn’t President Trump blame China?

This morally bankrupt, partisan hack, with the assistance of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, has done more to harm the U.S. in the past four years than any other individual.

I’m curious why AS would stick his neck out for China. What’s his motivation here?

Wtf? There are tire plants all over the US.

Tires are not a good example, but he’s on the right track. Try electronics or apparel.

I’ve said before I think that companies are going got started moving back this way. The tariff situation compounded with the single source risk that is apparent now will make some companies change their strategies.

But consumers are doing to have to be willing to swallow higher prices.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
Tires are not a good example, but he’s on the right track. Try electronics or apparel.

I’ve said before I think that companies are going got started moving back this way. The tariff situation compounded with the single source risk that is apparent now will make some companies change their strategies.

But consumers are doing to have to be willing to swallow higher prices.

Not really. There are plenty of low labor cost countries outside of China.

Reactions: NCFisher
I am having a problem reconciling the automation of goods and why they are cheaper in China

Because any enterprise’s total cost of doing business (even one who has highly automated production) includes human capital and it’s cheaper in China.

And most importantly, China has built a large network of third party manufacturers. They do contract work for many different entities and are able to spread fixed costs across a larger number of units.

Homeland Security warns Terrorists could Strike grocery stores, hospitals, testing sites and gas stations to bring the stricken nation to its knees

Terrorists looking to sow fear and panic across the nation as it is weighed down by the coronavirus pandemic could strike gas stations, testing sites, supermarkets, and other areas, the federal government is warning.

Though such an attack is considered unlikely, authorities are nonetheless asking the general public to watch out for any suspicious activity.

The DHS's Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency issued a nationwide notice saying 'it is imperative that law enforcement be alert for potential individuals triggered by the pandemic to inflict further harm, and [that agencies] provide residents with information that can augment community safety and security.'

DHS said that while 'there are currently no imminent or credible threats, there has been an increase in online hate speech intended to incite violence and/or use the ongoing situation as an excuse to inflict hate.'

The department warns that the 'potential threat environment' has changed as 'public gathering areas' during the coronavirus pandemic have come to include 'COVID-19 mobile screening stations, gas stations, still-open houses of worship, grocery stores, and other retailers that have been approved to do business.'

Homeland Security warns terrorists could strike grocery stores, hospitals, and testing sites | Daily Mail Online

Got it. "Though such an attack is considered unlikely" and "There are currently no imminent or credible threats". I'll go back to my nap.

Now here's some real fake news for you. This a totally false and misleading headline.

That’s true. It’s not always just about labor costs, though.

Nope. Capabilities, infrastructure, set up costs, taxes, etc..

A lot of companies have long ago reduced their dependency on China. Shoe apparel companies I believe have drastically changed their percentage of chinese sourced goods in the past decade.

Reactions: 508mikey

VN Store

Back