Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

I imagine some people were quite annoyed years ago if they actually had that number
There is an erroneous Google Business listing for a tire store in my area that has my business phone number... seems people are having more tire trouble during the pandemic or maybe nothing better to do. But those calls have been more frequent lately. Maybe I should start selling tires.

Reactions: Orangeburst
Article says it was a rapid blood antibody test. Sounds like they just randomly tested 200 people walking down the street.

At this point I’m skeptical of any of the COVID-19 tests, including the antibody tests to test for previous infection.

There's still 500 to 700 that die a day in NYC and 2000 went in the hospital yesterday. It could do something like this in every big city if we are not careful.

You cannot take an outlier and treat the rest of the US like them. The population density of NYC is far greater than that of any other major city and a vast amount of the residents rely on public transportation that creates the perfect scenario for this thing to spread.

Also if you look at the distribution of the deaths in NYC if they reopened and took the measures I suggested in my post I’d bet that they wouldn’t see much of an increase if any on their medical system.

Oak Ridge Kroger offered free testing last week. They tested 593 in its drive-thru testing event. 116 people were tested Wednesday, 186 on Thursday, and 291 were tested on Friday.

Reactions: LouderVol
You cannot take an outlier and treat the rest of the US like them. The population density of NYC is far greater than that of any other major city and a vast amount of the residents rely on public transportation that creates the perfect scenario for this thing to spread.

Also if you look at the distribution of the deaths in NYC if they reopened and took the measures I suggested in my post I’d bet that they wouldn’t see much of an increase if any on their medical system.
I know but you can't deny that something like that or half of bad is worse than the flu and can happen. There is other big cities in the U.S. it just got to NYC before social distancing and if we rush and open up and allow other cities the chance for this to happen would not be good. Also back to NYC one thing since this quarantine there has been no wrecks or many other things happen that would put more stress on the medical system. It's still amazes me that with all the closed business and social distancing in NYC they still had 2000 people admitted with covid 19 yesterday and over 500 deaths a day.

Reactions: NashVol11

VN Store

Back