Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Yeah, and which of these companies also import their own tires from China? Weird that you can buy an "American Made" tire that is made in China, but I think that is the case. Without offsetting costs the price of tires would be elevated.

Anyway, tires was a subject that was brought up and used as an example, but a lot of people already pay $1000 for a set of tires.

LOL @ $1k for a set .

Then they were both dead wrong... which means, that yes, Rush Limbaugh was wrong to call it the common cold.

Hell, man; virtually everyone was wrong about it at some point and for most of it, even the experts. To act as though Limbaugh was saying something sooooo outlandish in Feb is simply hindsight expertise.

Hell, man; virtually everyone was wrong about it at some point and for most of it, even the experts. To act as though Limbaugh was saying something sooooo outlandish in Feb is simply hindsight expertise.
Even on February 25th, Rush Limbaugh was outlandishly wrong to say that the coronavirus was of equal risk to the common cold.

It's still not the common damn cold. The people who were saying that, were also wrong.

You’re missing the point of his comment though that Rush’s comment about this being the common cold was closer to the truth than the models. Yes he was wayyy off that CV was like the common cold but damn that statement may just be closer to accurate than any of the models that have been thrown around.

That is not what all of those people were protesting... at least some were carrying signs which said "Let us work NOW!" and things such as that. If those things you mentioned were what Trump was alluding to, then he should have specified that. He didn't. These tweets were dumb... and divisive.

The left's constant criticism of Trump is also dumb and divisive. What's your opinion on that?

What-about-ism is all you do... and it's always meant as a defense of Trump's conduct.
I'm just curious why you think it's okay for the left to act poorly while you constantly condemn the right? I get the feeling you don't like being called on your hypocrisy.

The initial Imperial College Model that was used initially by epidemiologists and first caused the panic in the US predicted that 2.2 million Americans were going to die from CV if we took no action and that would decrease by 50% to 1.1 million if we took social distancing measures.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
The people that bark the loudest about whataboutism aren’t shy about employing it. It’s one of the funniest things to me.

Personally, I think whataboutism matters. Nothing wrong with it.

The ones that screech about it are the ones that don’t want comparisons made . Keep that in mind when Trump is out of office and watch them reverse course . The whataboutisms after Trumps presidency is going to be off the chain .

You are a conspiracy theorist and denialist then. I'm not wasting my time with whack jobbery.

I was thinking about your comment, and I want to make a follow up point.

The charges of “conspiracy theorist” and “denier” seem to be getting more prevalent, and it appears to me to be a tactic to shut down a discussion. Why?

It seems to me that the charge is permitted for anything that’s not commonly reported in the mainstream media. In this case, I’m questioning the effectiveness of the Coronavirus tests that were hastily rolled out en mass. I’m not trying to convince you the CIA has Elvis in the witness protection program.

What frightens you about that? Why would this particular statement get you so worked up?

The number of positives that are coming back for asymptomatic people is a red flag to me. I would like to understand how accurate these tests are.

Would you be surprised to learn that the tests had a high fault rate? Or that they were not administered or interpreted in the same way at each testing location?

I find it interesting and think these are post mortem questions that we have to nail to avoid similar repeats in the future.

VN Store

Back