Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

I did for a minute, they were discussing how Americans within the WHO were keeping the Trump admin updated on the virus outbreak much earlier than the administration claims. Booker wasn't on there though.

basically commenting on this report:

Report: Americans At World Health Organization Told Trump Administration About Coronavirus ‘Late Last Year’
I love this stuff!

Please help us continue to provide you with free, quality journalism by turning off your ad blocker on our site.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
He was funny because he was relatable. So, the question is why, and which section of society was he a stereotype of?
I'm not sure it's a "stereotype" per se, but possibly represented white urbanites who didn't prioritize the CR movement and, while not supporting the Republicans, couldn't support folks like Humphrey and were drawn to George Wallace.

I'm not sure it's a "stereotype" per se, but possibly represented white urbanites who didn't prioritize the CR movement and, while not supporting the Republicans, couldn't support folks like Humphrey and were drawn to George Wallace.

That sounds about right. I'm not real familiar with the political climate back then, though.

Archie loved Nixon.

I think they've been circling the drain for a while now. Their stuff was too expensive for average people and too trashy for the wealthy. They had a small and shrinking niche. IMO
I'm happy to say that I have never stepped foot in one of their stores. One thing I am not is a pretentious beotch.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
What he says has the result he is looking for.
Trump wants people to think he is a moron? There is an irrational line of logic that Trump supporters cling to in order to convince themselves that Trump is somehow more intelligent than he appears to be. It's the notion that Trump is just a master troll, who plays the crazy libs like a fiddle. There is no sense to this. Nobody gains any utility from saying stupid things which their enemies use against them for ridicule, and Trump's claim that he saved "billions" of American lives when there is nowhere near a billion Americans in existence, was most certainly a stupid thing.

Reactions: Purple Tiger
Archie loved Nixon.

Wallace was shot in 72. Nixon stood for "order" in the midst of the protest culture at the time, so Archie would have loved him.
Look at Wallace's numbers in the 1968 election and his appeal among northern urban whites, if you've never done that.
Do you not remember the episode on AITF where the Jeffersons talked about George registering at the hotel as "George Wallace."

Oh, so what did Trump do with his three years to take up the Obama slack...... ? anything?

I'm sure you heard Trump claiming that Cuomo was "begging" for ventilators, and I suppose that is preferable to believing that Cuomo was doing everything he could to secure any ventilator to meet the potential needs of NY.

So, what part is it that you think that I have no idea what you are talking about?

Maybe you are referring to the "thousand" of ventilators that were "found". Seems like Trump was out of the loop, and suddenly decided to chime in on how they should be allocated, when it was brought to his attention. I guess he was pissed that he didn't get to claim credit beforehand. LOL

Do you believe Trump has done nothing?

Trump wants people to think he is a moron? There is an irrational line of logic that Trump supporters cling to in order to convince themselves that Trump is somehow more intelligent than he appears to be. It's the notion that Trump is just a master troll, who plays the crazy libs like a fiddle. There is no sense to this. Nobody gains any utility from saying stupid things which their enemies use against them for ridicule, and Trump's claim that he saved "billions" of American lives when there is nowhere near a billion Americans in existence, is most certainly a stupid thing.
Keep up your wailing, you are proving my point.

Serious question, when we get back to work, are employers going to allow people to stay at work that are deathly ill? I have had the flu 2 times my life, both times caught it from people that sat next to me or came in my office and coughed and hacked on me. Had those people been required to go home instead of encouraged to work through it I would never had gotten sick.

Wallace was shot in 72. Nixon stood for "order" in the midst of the protest culture at the time, so Archie would have loved him.
Look at Wallace's numbers in the 1968 election and his appeal among northern urban whites, if you've never done that.
Do you not remember the episode on AITF where the Jeffersons talked about George registering at the hotel as "George Wallace."
Don't remember that specific episode but I'm fairly certain Archie was written as a staunch republican.

VN Store

Back