Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Hardly, he was a union member living in Queens. Doubtful at that time he would have voted for anyone with an R by his name. Meanwhile his unemployed, freeloading son in law was a bleeding heart liberal. During that period we still lived in a period of working people and hippies. I long for those days. AITF was an overly exaggerated microcosm of life then.
Carroll O'Conner summarizes Archie perfectly.
Archie "turned the angry white male into a cultural icon", according to CBS News.[5] After the end of the second season taping, the actor Carroll O'Connor, who played Archie Bunker, said, paraphrasing James Baldwin, "The American white man is trapped by his own cultural history. He doesn't know what to do about it."[6] O'Connor goes on to say:

Archie's dilemma is coping with a world that is changing in front of him. He doesn't know what to do, except to lose his temper, mouth his poisons, look elsewhere to fix the blame for his own discomfort. He isn't a totally evil man. He's shrewd. But he won't get to the root of his problem, because the root of his problem is himself, and he doesn't know it. That is the dilemma of Archie Bunker.[6]

‘All in the Family’ creator on Trump: 'He is Archie Bunker’

The man behind TV's “All in the Family” says presidential contender Donald Trump resembles one of the beloved sitcom’s most controversial characters.

“He is Archie Bunker,” Norman Lear said late Thursday, according to Deadline. "I think of Donald Trump as the middle finger of the American right hand. Why is this happening? Whether you’re Republican or a Democrat, can we all seriously agree this is bad for America?”

Reactions: Hunerwadel
I believe he did essentially nothing to remedy the things he blamed Obama for, regarding shortages of PPE and such.
Don't disagree, but it's not often any POTUS acts preemptively on such situations. More often than not, the need has to arise to spur action.

As far as blaming his predecessor, name me a POTUS who hasn't passed the buck.

Hardly, he was a union member living in Queens. Doubtful at that time he would have voted for anyone with an R by his name. Meanwhile his unemployed, freeloading son in law was a bleeding heart liberal. During that period we still lived in a period of working people and hippies. I long for those days. AITF was an overly exaggerated microcosm of life then.
His character was written as a Nixon loving republican.

I never said or implied that I hoped he had it. I doubt you can substantiate one poster saying or implying that he hoped Trump had it.

I remember a few folk, including myself, speculating that he looked ill, and saying in would be ironic or karmic after his initial downplaying of the seriousness, but can't recall anyone hoping he did have it.

Carroll O'Conner summarizes Archie perfectly.
Archie "turned the angry white male into a cultural icon", according to CBS News.[5] After the end of the second season taping, the actor Carroll O'Connor, who played Archie Bunker, said, paraphrasing James Baldwin, "The American white man is trapped by his own cultural history. He doesn't know what to do about it."[6] O'Connor goes on to say:

Archie's dilemma is coping with a world that is changing in front of him. He doesn't know what to do, except to lose his temper, mouth his poisons, look elsewhere to fix the blame for his own discomfort. He isn't a totally evil man. He's shrewd. But he won't get to the root of his problem, because the root of his problem is himself, and he doesn't know it. That is the dilemma of Archie Bunker.[6]

‘All in the Family’ creator on Trump: 'He is Archie Bunker’

The man behind TV's “All in the Family” says presidential contender Donald Trump resembles one of the beloved sitcom’s most controversial characters.

“He is Archie Bunker,” Norman Lear said late Thursday, according to Deadline. "I think of Donald Trump as the middle finger of the American right hand. Why is this happening? Whether you’re Republican or a Democrat, can we all seriously agree this is bad for America?”

I bet you have Carpetbagger blood in you.

Don't disagree, but it's not often any POTUS acts preemptively on such situations. More often than not, the need has to arise to spur action.

Rutherford B. Hayes... I voted for him twice.

Reactions: Weezer
I haven’t actually watched any of them. I’ve seen a few bits and pieces and have certainly seen the recaps. I learn more about them here than anywhere else.

I’m not surprised by your comment. I’ve seen some of the nasty questions that have come from the briefings.

They finally forced closure of all courses here in MD. It was my last getaway. It’s killing me.
Closing down golf courses makes absolutely zero sense.

Something more sinister is going on here.

Yeah, because Jared's been such a sterling success at everything.
Things will remain the same, just under a different name and party. Will you hold Biden to the same standards as Trump? If Biden is elected and fails to recover the economy, will you blame Trump?

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
I would suspect most companies will have an illness policy that requires people to exclude if they have dry cough, fever, or shortness of breath. The real question is will people follow it.
The last thing any company needs right now is a lawsuit alleging they forced someone showing the possible symptoms of the Coronavirus (which are basically, the same symptoms of a severe cold) to go into work, where they could potentially spread the virus around. Not all companies care about their workforce (see FedEx in Memphis) but they do all care about being sued.

CURL: CNN’s Brian Stelter Wants Everyone To Know That He Has ‘Cried For Our Pre-Pandemic Lives’

“Strong men also cry. Strong men also cry.” – The Big Lebowski

CNN’s Brian Stelter took to Twitter over the weekend to make sure everyone knows he is a deeply emotional man who is so full of pathos that he is shedding buckets full of tears over the horrors he sees each day as a “journalist.”

stelter-2.jpg

Stelter said the coronavirus crisis has beaten him down, leading to a copious flow of lachrymal fluid.

“Last night, I hit a wall. Gutted by the death toll. Disturbed by the govt’s shortcomings. Dismayed by political rhetoric that bears no resemblance to reality. Worried about friends who are losing jobs; kids who are missing school; and senior citizens who are living in fear,” Stelter wrote on Twitter.

The CNN host went on further – about himself.

“I crawled in bed and cried for our pre-pandemic lives. Tears that had been waiting a month to escape. I wanted to share because it feels freeing to do so. Now is not a time for faux-invincibility. Journos are living this, hating this, like everyone else,” Stelter wrote.

Stelter, of course, added a link to his CNN newsletter page (a good time to hawk some wares).

Social media weighed in on quickly.

CURL: CNN’s Brian Stelter Wants Everyone To Know That He Has ‘Cried For Our Pre-Pandemic Lives’

Archie was a Republican.

The last thing any company needs right now is a lawsuit alleging they forced someone showing the possible symptoms of the Coronavirus (which are basically, the same symptoms of a severe cold) to go into work, where they could potentially spread the virus around. Not all companies care about their workforce (see FedEx in Memphis) but they do all care about being sued.
This may be one of the changes after this I would agree with. I've worked for 3 large, 1 midsized and one small company in my career and they all had one thing in common, they hated sick time. Too many employees abused it to the point that good employees wouldn't take it.

Reactions: BowlBrother85

“Strong men also cry. Strong men also cry.” – The Big Lebowski

CNN’s Brian Stelter took to Twitter over the weekend to make sure everyone knows he is a deeply emotional man who is so full of pathos that he is shedding buckets full of tears over the horrors he sees each day as a “journalist.”

stelter-2.jpg

Stelter said the coronavirus crisis has beaten him down, leading to a copious flow of lachrymal fluid.

“Last night, I hit a wall. Gutted by the death toll. Disturbed by the govt’s shortcomings. Dismayed by political rhetoric that bears no resemblance to reality. Worried about friends who are losing jobs; kids who are missing school; and senior citizens who are living in fear,” Stelter wrote on Twitter.

The CNN host went on further – about himself.

“I crawled in bed and cried for our pre-pandemic lives. Tears that had been waiting a month to escape. I wanted to share because it feels freeing to do so. Now is not a time for faux-invincibility. Journos are living this, hating this, like everyone else,” Stelter wrote.

Stelter, of course, added a link to his CNN newsletter page (a good time to hawk some wares).

Social media weighed in on quickly.

I’d cry if I was writing for CNN as well.

Andrew Johnson and Lyndon Johnson......wouldn't be prudent.

Reactions: Weezer

VN Store

Back