Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

After seeing the SNL spoofs, I've always wanted to see a Therapists category on Jeopardy to see if anyone would be bold enough to say, "I'll take "The rapists for 200, Alex". lol
HA Reminds me of John Prine's line in Daddy and Them. RIP to one of the best songwriters in history.

Reactions: Weezer
We cannot cripple the country because of these "what ifs". If Granny is susceptible, she and Junior will simply continue to take precautions.
You can't think of this virus in terms of only one degree of separation. Putting Healthy Person A back into mass society does threaten the well-being of stay-at-home Unhealthy Person B ... if they come in regular contact with each other. This is an important calculation that many of you aren't making.

Last edited:
It's obvious there's a buncha people who don't understand disease vectors.

OK..... Y'all win. Let's open it up, full bore. I'm pretty healthy, probably won't affect me much. And if it does? So what? I'm just some guy you don't know.

But that guy you don't know may be out there spreading this to people in your family that may die from it.

When the inevitable spike in deaths happen...... Who are you gonna blame?

What is the acceptable number of preventable deaths?

You can't think of this virus in terms of only one degree of separation. Putting Healthy Person A back into mass society does threaten the well-being of Unhealthy Person B ... if they come in regular contact with each other. This is an important calculation that many of you aren't making.
Life isn't stopping over this virus. Not sure how you calculate that. Are we supposed to sit back and let only "essential" business go on while everyone else lives off the government teat forever?

Reactions: Wireless1
Just remember it is “Quiche”
e46406ed45adf42b3fe94bc5183b5b6d.jpg

You can't think of this virus in terms of only one degree of separation. Putting Healthy Person A back into mass society does threaten the well-being of Unhealthy Person B ... if they come in regular contact with each other. This is an important calculation that many of you aren't making.
The Unhealthy person B continues to shelter, take precautions, etc. This virus is here forever and we cannot cower at home until a vaccine in available.

This shouldn’t be a political discussion so much as a discussion about the lengths of government power.

Did we not learn anything from the Patriot Act? I know I did.

Let’s err on the side of freedom and understand we all have the responsibility for our own safety.

If that means staying home for you, stay home.

If that means venturing out with an N95, wear that mask.

If you want to social distance, ask people to stay away. Most will oblige.

For those who are want to take the risk, let them go about business as usual.
You lost those you are trying to reach right there.

Reactions: Pepe_Silvia
It's obvious there's a buncha people who don't understand disease vectors.

OK..... Y'all win. Let's open it up, full bore. I'm pretty healthy, probably won't affect me much. And if it does? So what? I'm just some guy you don't know.

But that guy you don't know may be out there spreading this to people in your family that may die from it.

When the inevitable spike in deaths happen...... Who are you gonna blame?

What is the acceptable number of preventable deaths?

Reactions: Weezer and GhostVol

VN Store

Back