Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Have you read the Bible?
5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

The Bible tells you how to worship, how to pray, how to be obedient.
That verse is encouraging you to pray and seek alone time with your father in heaven. Not just to pray when people are looking or for attention. Try again

Matthew 18:20 ESV
For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.”

1 John 1:7 ESV
But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.

donald supporters are the only ones protesting with guns though....so there is that.

Ok . Are we back on to the big scary guns now? I can say I see more liberals / antiTrumpers here where I’m at carrying firearms , than I do Trump supporters . Neither group scare me . But that’s a great deflection .

I personally don't need someone to hold my hand every time I pray.
I don't either, but there are countless passages in the Bible that speak to us gathering together to worship and encourage each other. Some need it more than others and while I don't think church services should be happening just yet, I can't blame people who are affected by not being able to go to church. Some of the folks I'm most worried about are our older members who live alone and rely on church for most of their social interaction.

That verse is encouraging you to pray and seek alone time with your father in heaven. Not just to pray when people are looking or for attention. Try again

Matthew 18:20 ESV
For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.”

1 John 1:7 ESV
But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.
OK, I got 5 people in my house, so the Holy Spirit will be in our midst. Find you 1 or 2 friends and worship with them. Why is that hard to do?

I personally don't need someone to hold my hand every time I pray.

Nothing wrong with that. What people get and need from a church service can be different from person to person. Streaming has bridged the gap in some ways (its better than nothing) buts its different than congregating.

In a similar way, theres nothing like UT football on a fall afternoon. I personally like being there in person moreso than watching it on tv. Others are probably fine watching every game from home. Nothing wrong with either.

I don't either, but there are countless passages in the Bible that speak to us gathering together to worship and encourage each other. Some need it more than others and while I don't think church services should be happening just yet, I can't blame people who are affected by not being able to go to church. Some of the folks I'm most worried about are our older members who live alone and rely on church for most of their social interaction.
Individuals can assist and visit older as they have always done. Just take precautions. Dragging older members out to a Church Service ain't the smart thing to do.

This sums it up pretty well.

Reactions: InVOLuntary

VN Store

Back