Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Yeah that one is hard to figure. Send a lot of people home because their business is not allowed to be open, only to have them all show up at Lowes and the grocery store together.

Lowes is collecting huge amounts of sales taxes for the state and local governments. That's why they are open. They probably have ball busting lobbyists, too.

Says the guy making an assumption based on minimal testing.

A targeted approach instead of a dog in a thunderstorm reaction could have mitigated the economic impact and saved massive amounts of time. The vast majority will never even get sick
We are really behind on testing for the virus much less testing for immunity. And what do you consider "heavy handed", Social distancing or the China ban. It's kinda hard to mitigate the economic impact when the world is shutdown. The fact you think inviting a tsunami is somehow our saving grace and it would be over by now is absurd.

Reactions: Purple Tiger
The crack dealer down the street is still open. Would he get in more trouble for dealing or not being an essential business? Better question i guess is he essential?

It's an awkward "news" broadcast trying to make money off people like you who yearn for their daily confirmation bias. I even made it thru the initial product pitch where the overweight guy directed people to the wrong health website. It was HS level at best
That's your loss. A collagen infomercial from Heal(th) with Gary is a sure sign that some 60 Minutes level journalism is about to follow.

Reactions: utvolpj
Bc they are as legitimate as actual new networks? LOL
At least on MSNBC I know I'm not one errant click away from some dude selling me protein powder lol. That link felt like something I have to occasionally break into my Dad's Facebook page to delete.

We are really behind on testing for the virus much less testing for immunity. And what do you consider "heavy handed", Social distancing or the China ban. It's kinda hard to mitigate the economic impact when the world is shutdown. The fact you think inviting a tsunami is somehow our saving grace and it would be over by now is absurd.
Heavy handed was shutting down commerce across the entire country and treating everyone the same. Even models with safeguards built into the results were amazingly wrong. It's pretty clear to most at this point that the initial reaction may have saved a few lives but may also lead to an economic depression. Most realize it's simply not worth it to continue one size fits all precautions on a national level

At least on MSNBC I know I'm not one errant click away from some dude selling me protein powder lol. That link felt like something I have to occasionally break into my Dad's Facebook page to delete.
I didn’t click on it but I’m sure it was

That's your loss. A collagen infomercial from Heal(th) with Gary is a sure sign that some 60 Minutes level journalism is about to follow.
When the breathless anchor struggled to read the words I simply bailed. I'm sure it was important stuff though

VN Store

Back