Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Do the at risk population not have civil liberties to go to the grocery store without running into Trump supporters. Why don't you all wear the MAGA hat all the time to let people know who to avoid?
Lol wut? Trump supporters dont need to go to the store for legitimate business?

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Indulge me in this fairly common scenario on "what-about-ism" as a means of defense:

Let's say "Weezer" is pulled over for speeding on I-40. A highway patrolman clocks him doing 85 mph on a 70 mph zone. "Weezer" tells the officer that, "A red Mustang passed me and he must have been going much fast than I ever was,". This is a common defense of someone in Weezer's position. It never works. The officer is still going to write that speeding ticket for Weezer every time.

In this case whataboutism isn’t going to help you get out of that speeding ticket. Remember that whataboutism doesn’t determine whether an action is right or wrong, but it can be used to highlight a difference in standards.

As an illustration in politics, let’s take a hypothetical Candidate X. X in the recent past says all women should be believed when they make an accusation of sexual assault. Furthermore, the mere accusation should disqualify one from public office.

If X were later accused of sexual assault, then whataboutism might be employed to demonstrate the double standard - assuming X did not believe the woman and withdraw his candidacy for office.

In summary, whataboutism is important and it matters. Otherwise we allow disparities in standards.

Furthermore, charges of whataboutism have recently been used by some people in order to prevent a comparison of standards and to shut down debate, which makes whataboutism all the more important to use. Because we cannot let the speech police carry the day.

It's not that I just wish it, I also hold ritualistic animal sacrifices as an offering to (all hail) Satan in hopes that his soul harvesting will, be done.

Don't judge me.

Okay, that's kinda' humorous.
It doesn't mean you aren't a TDSer.

You mean the events that Biden is NOT holding currently. The MAGAnistas are out there protesting because they don't think the threat is real. A stooge coughing--and their reaction thereto--would simply flesh out the strength of their convictions.
Because I am sure not one person coughed the entire time they were gathered. Not a one.

Heavy handed was shutting down commerce across the entire country and treating everyone the same. Even models with safeguards built into the results were amazingly wrong. It's pretty clear to most at this point that the initial reaction may have saved a few lives but may also lead to an economic depression. Most realize it's simply not worth it to continue one size fits all precautions on a national level

When did Trump do that?

Heavy handed was shutting down commerce across the entire country and treating everyone the same. Even models with safeguards built into the results were amazingly wrong. It's pretty clear to most at this point that the initial reaction may have saved a few lives but may also lead to an economic depression. Most realize it's simply not worth it to continue one size fits all precautions on a national level

.. and y’all thought I was kidding about blocking up the tunnels and bridges coming out of New York . I’ve got friends there , but if they didn’t make it before those last few rows of brick were laid ..🤷‍♂️

Nope.....he wants to be outraged for the people in Michigan.
They are called Americans. Black, white, green, michiganders or even Floridians, still American. Still a concern to everyone.

They are just taking away some people's rights way over there. They are taking away yours too.

You just havent noticed because you havent run out the length of your chain to notice when it loses a link or two.

Reactions: Rickyvol77

Why this is so hard to understand is mind-boggling. As soon as somebody says I'm young and healthy and should be able to go to a bar and have a drink or go out to eat they are suddenly skewered as though they only care about themselves and are fine with old people dying. It's like a huge case of collective stupidity has taken over all of us.

The head of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says 25% of infected people might not have symptoms. The vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Gen. John Hyten, thinks it may be as high as 60% to 70% among military personnel.

None of these numbers can be fully trusted because they’re based on flawed and inadequate testing, said Dr. Michael Mina of Harvard’s School of Public Health.

Collectively, though, they suggest “we have just been off the mark by huge, huge numbers” for estimating total infections, he said

Reports suggest many have had coronavirus with no symptoms

VN Store

Back