Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Imagine this scenario: let's say there's a pandemic and certain people with a special type of antibody have immunity to it. These people get tested and are granted special status because of this immunity. The immune people get special privileges and rights that others who don't have the immunity do not have access to. These people are allowed to live life just like before the pandemic.

The ones who don't have the immunity can't live life and are forced into quarantine. These people are viewed as inferior to those who have the immunity. These people aren't granted any kind of license or special status. The government has a database of these "inferior" people and keeps track of their movements, making sure they aren't violating government orders.

The immune people are viewed as more "fit" from an evolutionary perspective.

Are we very far off from this scenario?
I would not put it past some to try something like this

So these checks were to start going out April 6th. It's now April 20th and the people that truly need it hasn't gotten it. Should tell you all you need to know about relying on the government for things like universal Healthcare.

Reactions: BisonVol
Our heavy handed response to the first wave likely encouraged the second or third
It's amazing that people cant see that the reaction has consquences. Even if it was the vest solution it's still going to have effects.

Even if we waited for vaccines there would be a spike with people not taking it, it not working etc. Society just wants to keep pushing off any negatives with the false belief that it wont come back later.b

Ok . Are we back on to the big scary guns now? I can say I see more liberals / antiTrumpers here where I’m at carrying firearms , than I do Trump supporters . Neither group scare me . But that’s a great deflection .
How do you know what group they belong to? Do you ask them? You're entire scenario sounds like Reagan and his welfare queen driving in her Cadillac and buying up all the lobster and steak. I don't believe you.

The social distancing isn't meant to rid, it's meant to slow the rate of transmission so that our healthcare system isn't overburdened. It has, for the most part - worked. In the meantime, it's allowing for clinical studies and the ramping up of critical infrastructure that is necessary to treat Covid-19, while buying time to explore alternative treatments, building herd immunity and creating a vaccine.

Your insistence of the need to "fellowship" with your "church family" is outweighed by the need for our healthcare infrastructure to get its legs under it.
Wouldnt his fellowship be part of that herd immunity? In fact what we are doing is not allowing for herd immunity.

Ivy League Schools Receive Millions in Bailout Cash Despite Huge Endowments

TOM CICCOTTA 20 Apr 2020

The institutions that comprise the Ivy League will receive millions of dollars in federal bailouts despite the billions of dollars in their endowments. Harvard University, for example, currently boasts an endowment of $40.9 billion.

899475_harvard-admissions-lawsuit-44829-file-in-2017-file-photograph-rowers-pass-e1529349741928-640x479.jpg

According to a report by Campus Reform, Ivy League institutions like Harvard, Yale, and Dartmouth, are set to receive millions of dollars in federal bailouts as part of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act.

However, Ivy League institutions are infamous for their large endowments, most of which reach 11-figures. The smallest endowment in the Ivy League belongs to Brown University, which has an endowment of $4.2 billion. Despite this massive endowment, Brown is set to receive $4.8 million in bailout funds.

Harvard University will receive $8.6 million in federal bailout funds despite its endowment of nearly $41 billion. Yale University, which boasts an endowment of $30.3 billion, will receive $6.8 million in bailout funds. Princeton University, which has an endowment of $26.1 billion, will receive $2.4 million in bailout funds. Cornell and Columbia will receive the largest bailouts at $12.8 million each.

Ivy League Schools Receive Millions in Bailout Cash Despite Huge Endowments

Reactions: Orange_Vol1321

VN Store

Back