Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Ivy League Schools Receive Millions in Bailout Cash Despite Huge Endowments

TOM CICCOTTA 20 Apr 2020

The institutions that comprise the Ivy League will receive millions of dollars in federal bailouts despite the billions of dollars in their endowments. Harvard University, for example, currently boasts an endowment of $40.9 billion.

899475_harvard-admissions-lawsuit-44829-file-in-2017-file-photograph-rowers-pass-e1529349741928-640x479.jpg

According to a report by Campus Reform, Ivy League institutions like Harvard, Yale, and Dartmouth, are set to receive millions of dollars in federal bailouts as part of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act.

However, Ivy League institutions are infamous for their large endowments, most of which reach 11-figures. The smallest endowment in the Ivy League belongs to Brown University, which has an endowment of $4.2 billion. Despite this massive endowment, Brown is set to receive $4.8 million in bailout funds.

Harvard University will receive $8.6 million in federal bailout funds despite its endowment of nearly $41 billion. Yale University, which boasts an endowment of $30.3 billion, will receive $6.8 million in bailout funds. Princeton University, which has an endowment of $26.1 billion, will receive $2.4 million in bailout funds. Cornell and Columbia will receive the largest bailouts at $12.8 million each.

Ivy League Schools Receive Millions in Bailout Cash Despite Huge Endowments
I got a stimulus check despite a huge endowment.

How do you know what group they belong to? Do you ask them? You're entire scenario sounds like Reagan and his welfare queen driving in her Cadillac and buying up all the lobster and steak. I don't believe you.

Do some google searches if you don’t believe me . This is all you need to know ... I live in Norfolk Va. we are allowed to open carry here . After you read some numbers get back to me on how many Trump supporters are here . I don’t have to ask what political party people belong to . Come on man .. use some logic .

There is a difference between dying OF the virus and WITH the virus. The 40K+ official deaths are WITH the virus.

I get that we may not be counting the number of deaths OF the virus because of limitied testing. We are also not counting the number of people that have gotten the virus and showed no symptoms in our official testing numbers. It seems, the same way it seemed at the beginning that younge healthy people were statistically not affected, that more and more people probably had this virus already and nothing happened.

It's becoming more and more clear that a blanket closure of "non-essential" (whatever that means) businesses is far less preferable to targeted strict quarantine of at risk folks.

All the while, everything is shut down (except when its not), the government has handed out checks to every citizen that doesn't pay taxes while giving the Kennedy Center and renewable energy inititatives a windfall.

.....Laugh and ridicule these protesters all you want....but I swear, if I can get an anitbody test and it shows that I've already had this, I very well may be out joining them out of pure anger. I think this virus is already everywhere and the panic is manufactured.

There is a difference between dying OF the virus and WITH the virus. The 40K+ official deaths are WITH the virus.

I get that we may not be counting the number of deaths OF the virus because of limitied testing. We are also not counting the number of people that have gotten the virus and showed no symptoms in our official testing numbers. It seems, the same way it seemed at the beginning that younge healthy people were statistically not affected, that more and more people probably had this virus already and nothing happened.

It's becoming more and more clear that a blanket closure of "non-essential" (whatever that means) businesses is far less preferable to targeted strict quarantine of at risk folks.

All the while, everything is shut down (except when its not), the government has handed out checks to every citizen that doesn't pay taxes while giving the Kennedy Center and renewable energy inititatives a windfall.

.....Laugh and ridicule these protesters all you want....but I swear, if I can get an anitbody test and it shows that I've already had this, I very well may be out joining them out of pure anger. I think this virus is already everywhere and the panic is manufactured.
Excellent post.

VN Store

Back