Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

I think I told you I was a pipeline operator year ago. We had a 12” gas line from Atlanta to Nashville which we ran gas or diesel and an 8” diesel/Kero line. I was curious and could not remember but could you run aviation in a diesel vehicle?

I'm not sure. Aviation is a lot closer cut to kerosene than it is diesel; however, they are middle distillates and boiling points overlap some. I bet you could run it - but I don't know for how long.

Reactions: Orangeburst
I'm not sure. Aviation is a lot closer cut to kerosene than it is diesel; however, they are middle distillates and boiling points overlap some. I bet you could run it - but I don't know for how long.
We ran aviation or kerosene to the airport and unless I am forgetting used the terms interchangeably. I always figured kerosene was refined diesel. Anyways it has been 30 years ago
I am sure it had its own category though. I never worked the Airport operation

We ran aviation or kerosene to the airport and unless I am forgetting used the terms interchangeably. I always figured kerosene was refined diesel. Anyways it has been 30 years ago

They are pretty interchangeable. And if blending I can see why they are batched on the same line and can go to the same places.

It's a different cut of the distillation - jet/kero vs. diesel.

They are pretty interchangeable. And if blending I can see why they are batched on the same line and can go to the same places.

It's a different cut of the distillation - jet/kero vs. diesel.
We ran diesel in the gas line hehe. Had to cut the batch early or late dependent on order.
When only ran the kerosene in the 8” diesel line though, for obvious reasons. Segregated vs non segregated products. Of course all the mixed fuel product was passed into a Regular grade gas delivery on each side

Just scrolling through my Facebook feed and seeing the reactions to Georgia opening back up and all I say is “wow”. ...

For a country of people who like to constantly beat their chest about how free they are, most sure are getting their patties in a wad about the government not telling them what to do anymore.

Reactions: Ten_Titans
For this wave, correct? Which was controlled through distancing. I'm not sure how the ultimate numbers between now and when a vaccine is delivered aren't considerably higher. If this is equally lethal as flu and infects over 10% of the population, you would expect a .01% death rate. Do you expect it to cap out at less than 10% of the population? Or do you think it is less lethal than flu?
This wave. Don't know on the last two questions.

Riddle me this...

Shark eats Mrs. Kitner's kid on a raft. Everyone runs out of the water.

Where's the shark now?
Riddle me this...

There's a bully outside your door and he's gonna beat you up when you leave. The police are over a year away.

When should you go outside?

Just scrolling through my Facebook feed and seeing the reactions to Georgia opening back up and all I say is “wow”. ...

For a country of people who like to constantly beat their chest about how free they are, most sure are getting their patties in a wad about the government not telling them what to do anymore.
The Karens are going nuts down here. I get the apprehension but they’re a little much.

Speaking of.

Between this and the Gilead therapeutic they developed, along with continuing reasonable social distancing/sanitation measures, I hope this continues to flatten the curve, create a downward trend wrt the virus so we can then we can focus on how to distance ourselves from dependency on China. I hope we excoriate them publicly every chance we get, impose multi-lateral sanctions and lawsuits against them till the end of time over this.

Reactions: Orangeburst

VN Store

Back