Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Between this and the Gilead therapeutic they developed, along with continuing reasonable social distancing/sanitation measures, I hope this continues to flatten the curve, create a downward trend wrt the virus so we can then we can focus on how to distance ourselves from dependency on China. I hope we excoriate them publicly every chance we get, impose multi-lateral sanctions and lawsuits against them till the end of time over this.
I almost get the feeling Trump will not be tough enough. Whatever we need to be smart as we still rely on them atm

Reactions: Vol737
I'll need to know the mathematical formula that will allow for a reasonable estimation of the number of deaths to the probability of me getting into the Neyland Sky Boxes for a reasonable cost.
I think the power goes off before tha happens 😉

What is the end date for you people?

Heh. So, I live in Boston, Massachusetts. UT grad 90 btw. Alot of people are dying up here.

I don't know what the date is, but I do know that I can deal with this whole isolation situation until it has to end.

I don't think this has hit y'all like it's hit us. But it could and it will if you think it can't happen.

These are uncharted waters my friend.

I almost get the feeling Trump will not be tough enough. Whatever we need to be smart as we still rely on them atm

True, however, some promising signs already....

New Data Shows U.S. Companies Are Definitely Leaving China

"And thanks to the passing of the U.S. Mexico Canada Agreement, Mexico, for all its problems with drug cartels, has become a favorite spot for sourcing."

Trump's new trade deal with Mexico and Canada could very well kill two birds with one stone...or at least clip the wings of the one across the Pacific, I hope.

Reactions: Orangeburst
Actually. There’s a .001% that you will get beat up lol
My point is that cases are going to spike again. And when they do, without fail, the media will say "I KnEW wE ShOuLDn'T hAvE OpEnED".

We can spike now or we can spike in two months after unemployment rises even more.

People seem to be under the impression maintaining the current level of spread is sustainable, which it isn't.

How can there be a racial disparity if the only difference is the amount of melanin?

I think that's what they are trying to determine. Obviously there is a reason that the fatality rate is, at least, doubled in black communities.

I suppose it could be melanin related, though.

My point is that cases are going to spike again. And when they do, without fail, the media will say "I KnEW wE ShOuLDn'T hAvE OpEnED".

We can spike now or we can spike in two months after unemployment rises even more.

People seem to be under the impression maintaining the current level of spread is sustainable, which it isn't.
I agree 100%

I think that's what they are trying to determine. Obviously there is a reason that the fatality rate is, at least, doubled in blacks.

One obvious reason is that African Americans are more likely to have poorer underlying health issues (obesity, heart disease, COPD, diabetes) due to their diet and lifestyle choices mixed with hereditary issues

I think that's what they are trying to determine. Obviously there is a reason that the fatality rate is, at least, doubled in black communities.

Why 7 Deadly Diseases Strike Blacks Most

The Surgeon General was trying to address this during the press conference that was hijacked with claims of him being a racist. There are certainly also social issues that also compound this though.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Heh. So, I live in Boston, Massachusetts. UT grad 90 btw. Alot of people are dying up here.

I don't know what the date is, but I do know that I can deal with this whole isolation situation until it has to end.

I don't think this has hit y'all like it's hit us. But it could and it will if you think it can't happen.

These are uncharted waters my friend.

It's terrible but we cant torpedoe the world for it.

Isolation does not reduce the deaths, just spreads them out over time

Reactions: Offset Eye
When just enough suffering to defeat the President has occurred and then hand the keys to the guy with dementia
The guy who currently has the keys, said that he had saved the lives of "billions" of people, in a country with a population of 332 million.... and Biden is the crazy one?

VN Store

Back