Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Maybe, if it’s politicized... but their job is to tell us what’s happening good, bad, or indifferent.
It does have an ulterior motive: to scare people into thinking that kids are just dropping like flies to this virus. This is about the very definition of fear-mongering and is dumb, irresponsible reporting.

Still waiting with bated breath for your in-depth comparison between Penn Med and UT Med.
Home

There truly is no comparison

Pennsylvania Hospital Medical Malpractice Claims

Venue for Malpractice Lawsuits Against
In Pennsylvania all medical malpractice lawsuits must be filed in the county where the malpractice allegedly occurred. This means malpractice suits against the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania or the other 2 Penn Medicine hospitals in the city must be filed in Philadelphia County.
Recent Malpractice Cases
Below is a brief summary of several malpractice cases recently filed against the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
  • (2017) Yetter v Hospital of the Univ. of Penn.: suit alleging HUP negligently handled aortic valve and root replacement procedure resulting in death of patient.
  • (2017) Johnson v Hospital of the Univ. of Penn: malpractice suit alleging that HUP doctors failed to timely follow up on CT scan resulting in a 16 month delay in diagnosis of colon cancer.
  • (2017) Payne v Hospital of the Univ. of Penn: labor and delivery malpractice case alleging baby suffered cerebral palsy and physical injuries from mishandling of difficult delivery.
  • (2017) Burke v Hospital of the Univ. of Penn: another labor and delivery malpractice case claiming that doctors negligently induced vaginal delivery when they should have done a c-section.
  • (2017) Houston v Hospital of the Univ. of Penn: suit alleging that hospital negligence caused 6 day old baby in neo natal unit to overdose on hydrocortisone.
Verdicts & Settlements
  • Tate v. Univ. of Pennsylvania, et al (2016): In this case doctors at Penn Hospital alleged caused a patient to overdose on the blood thinner drug Herapin. The suit alleged that while the plaintiff was at Penn Hospital she was regularly administered excessive doses of Herapin which the doctors and nurses negligently failed to recognize. The hospital was accused of negligent administration of the medicine, poor communication, and failure to perform testing that would have revealed the problem. As a result of the negligent overdosing the plaintiff claimed that she suffered a brain hemorrhage and blood clots in her brain which left her bed ridden with permanent paralysis. Penn Hospital denied that it was negligent and took the case to trial. A jury in Philadelphia found the doctors 35% negligent and the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania 65% negligent. The plaintiff was awarded a staggering $44 million in damages.
  • Emory v. Groh, et al (2012): The plaintiff in this case had a coronary stent implanted at Penn Presbyterian Medical Center (a Penn Medicine hospital). The stent contained nickel to which the plaintiff had an allergic reaction. The plaintiff accused doctors in staff at Penn Presbyterian of negligent care because he apparently informed them that he was allergic to nickel when he was initially admitted to the hospital. The doctors and staff at the hospital failed to notice this or warn the plaintiff that the stent contained nickel. A jury in Philadelphia awarded the plaintiff $650,000.
  • Waliyuddin v. University of Pennsylvania Health Sys. (2005): In this case the patient was treated at both University of Pennsylvania Hospital and Penn Presbyterian. The malpractice suit by her estate alleged that the hospitals and their staff failed to recognize the patient's deadly allergic reaction to certain medications they were administering which eventually led to her death.

Using “Lol” and “child deaths” in the same phrase tells me all I need to know about you.

Children die every day, all over the world. I didn't LOL at that, i LOL'ed at the fact you are either too dim to understand the media is emotionally manipulating you, (which is easy since you are an emotional person, not a logical one), OR you simply don't care because you are a partisan hack

I received a message from my financial guy last night regarding this subject. I won’t share it all but here i paraphrase the key points:

0 - the media sells fake news. They have a lack of understanding of the markets and are using hyperbole to scare viewers. It’s shameful.

1 - oil is traded on futures markets

2 - traders buy contracts on a quantity of oil to be delivered at a specific place and on a specific date

3 - between the time they buy the contract and the delivery date, they have the option to sell the contact. If they don’t sell it then they must pay for and take delivery of the oil

4 - many traders never intend to take the oil. Most have no way to take it. Their goal is to sell the contract at a higher price before delivery.

5 - May 2020 contracts expired today so traders were trying to unload their contracts. They got burned by the falling price and they cannot take delivery of the oil. If they don’t fulfill their end of the contract they can be barred from future trading. So they wanted to unload them at any price.

6 - the market is not collapsing. Here are the price of futures:

May 2020 -13.10
Jun 2020 21.22
Jul 2020 26.97
Aug 2020 28.85
Sep 2020 30.01
Oct 2020 31.77
Nov 2020 32.51

7 - yesterday was a bizarre anomaly where some traders got caught with heavy bags

Just posting this to pass along the info and knowledge.
This is exactly the type of information I was looking for. Thanks. Makes me feel a bit better about it.

I just heard on News Talk radio in Knoxville say for every 1% of unemployment 30 to 40,000 die.

All coronavirus related since it cause everything to shut down?
That's absurd. What is this based on? Not saying you are lying about what you heard, I just want to see some numbers on this.

Like is this over a year? Or only right when they lose their job? What else ties in on it, is it like drug use where the economy plays in on the average. Like if the economy is booming are 30k still killing themselves for every % unemployed, or is it only when we get to high levels that it becomes 30k.

Because if it's true then we can definitely say we are more concerned about the economy than Covid.

Home

There truly is no comparison

Pennsylvania Hospital Medical Malpractice Claims

Venue for Malpractice Lawsuits Against
In Pennsylvania all medical malpractice lawsuits must be filed in the county where the malpractice allegedly occurred. This means malpractice suits against the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania or the other 2 Penn Medicine hospitals in the city must be filed in Philadelphia County.
Recent Malpractice Cases
Below is a brief summary of several malpractice cases recently filed against the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
  • (2017) Yetter v Hospital of the Univ. of Penn.: suit alleging HUP negligently handled aortic valve and root replacement procedure resulting in death of patient.
  • (2017) Johnson v Hospital of the Univ. of Penn: malpractice suit alleging that HUP doctors failed to timely follow up on CT scan resulting in a 16 month delay in diagnosis of colon cancer.
  • (2017) Payne v Hospital of the Univ. of Penn: labor and delivery malpractice case alleging baby suffered cerebral palsy and physical injuries from mishandling of difficult delivery.
  • (2017) Burke v Hospital of the Univ. of Penn: another labor and delivery malpractice case claiming that doctors negligently induced vaginal delivery when they should have done a c-section.
  • (2017) Houston v Hospital of the Univ. of Penn: suit alleging that hospital negligence caused 6 day old baby in neo natal unit to overdose on hydrocortisone.
Verdicts & Settlements
  • Tate v. Univ. of Pennsylvania, et al (2016): In this case doctors at Penn Hospital alleged caused a patient to overdose on the blood thinner drug Herapin. The suit alleged that while the plaintiff was at Penn Hospital she was regularly administered excessive doses of Herapin which the doctors and nurses negligently failed to recognize. The hospital was accused of negligent administration of the medicine, poor communication, and failure to perform testing that would have revealed the problem. As a result of the negligent overdosing the plaintiff claimed that she suffered a brain hemorrhage and blood clots in her brain which left her bed ridden with permanent paralysis. Penn Hospital denied that it was negligent and took the case to trial. A jury in Philadelphia found the doctors 35% negligent and the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania 65% negligent. The plaintiff was awarded a staggering $44 million in damages.
  • Emory v. Groh, et al (2012): The plaintiff in this case had a coronary stent implanted at Penn Presbyterian Medical Center (a Penn Medicine hospital). The stent contained nickel to which the plaintiff had an allergic reaction. The plaintiff accused doctors in staff at Penn Presbyterian of negligent care because he apparently informed them that he was allergic to nickel when he was initially admitted to the hospital. The doctors and staff at the hospital failed to notice this or warn the plaintiff that the stent contained nickel. A jury in Philadelphia awarded the plaintiff $650,000.
  • Waliyuddin v. University of Pennsylvania Health Sys. (2005): In this case the patient was treated at both University of Pennsylvania Hospital and Penn Presbyterian. The malpractice suit by her estate alleged that the hospitals and their staff failed to recognize the patient's deadly allergic reaction to certain medications they were administering which eventually led to her death.

It took you two weeks to find some kind of self-serving response and the best you can find is medical malpractice claims? I’m embarrassed for you.

Here are your benchmarks: The 25 Best College Campus Hospitals - College Rank

https://www.usnews.com/education/be...t-are-partnered-with-the-best-medical-schools

The best hospitals in the US, ranked

It took you two weeks to find some kind of self-serving response and the best you can find is medical malpractice claims? I’m embarrassed for you.

Here are your benchmarks: The 25 Best College Campus Hospitals - College Rank

https://www.usnews.com/education/be...t-are-partnered-with-the-best-medical-schools

The best hospitals in the US, ranked
two weeks? I just saw your previous post, i don't follow every single of your emotional ranting posts. You're just as likely to be killed in your hospitals as from COVID-19.

But i will be fair, it's not your fault that Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, etc. are a bunch of sh*thole trashy places.

two weeks? I just saw your previous post, i don't follow every single of your emotional ranting posts. You're just as likely to be killed in your hospitals as from COVID-19.

But i will be fair, it's not your fault that Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, etc. are a bunch of sh*thole trashy places.

The Philly airport is a HUGE DUMP!

source.gif

Keep trying really hard. Maybe one day you’ll be on one of those lists. I’m rooting for you.

VN Store

Back