Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

based on what?

CNN has it around 3.4% 3300 of 88,000

https://www.cnn.com/asia/live-news/coronavirus-outbreak-03-02-20-intl-hnk/index.html

Holy crap you were basing your argument on approximately 100 confirmed cases? Lol gtfo of here. Seriously you are basing your argument on a sample size of 100 people in the entire US?
https://www.usnews.com/news/health-...100-coronavirus-cases-6-deaths-reported-in-us

we are currently counting cases that die WITH covid as part of the totals and are no where near 5% yet alone 7%. and that is faulty AF.
He’s not the sharpest tool in the shed

He’s not the sharpest tool in the shed
and its amazing that he follows up with complaining about our testing while still pushing an angle that depends on extremely (100 people in the entire country)testing base.

You wouldn't even notice 100 leaving Neyland stadium during a game. yet alone the city of Knoxville, the state of Tennessee, or the country at large.

The point being, how the tests are used is more important than how many. If we were playing the containment game, like China or S Korea did, the tests would have been put to better use, but at this point containment isn't even in a plan for us.
We were playing the containment game with known covid patients..... the problem is the amount of travel around this country...... we have tested more people than anyone in the world and 2nd per capita..... pretty d&mn impressive imo

We were playing the containment game with known covid patients..... the problem is the amount of travel around this country...... we have tested more people than anyone in the world and 2nd per capita..... pretty d&mn impressive imo

We haven't contained squat. Again, the way we are testing does nothing to contain it. It's too late for that anyway.

We haven't contained squat. Again, the way we are testing does nothing to contain it. It's too late for that anyway.
We didn’t contain squat bc of all of the international travel and travel within our own borders..... all that being said.... it’s not nearly been as bad as they thought it would be.... open it up.

Reactions: vols40
We didn’t contain squat bc of all of the international travel and travel within our own borders..... all that being said.... it’s not nearly been as bad as they thought it would be.... open it up.

Things are going to open up. Some states will be more responsible than others, and I fear the less responsible states are going to show us what the consequences are.

I am not either. The only person posting here who sees it firsthand is NGV as far as I know.

@NurseGoodVol
I know what we put on cause of death when we fill out the paperwork. Whether a physician goes back and changes that, I'm not sure, they sign the death certificates.
So far we only have one death attributable to covid19 directly. We have dozens of rule outs come back negative. Then we have presumptive positives due to symptomology like me. I will be included in the positive class because i was " under surveillance". The last category is going to make everything inaccurate. Models should be built with and without presumptives.

Things are going to open up. Some states will be more responsible than others, and I fear the less responsible states are going to show us what the consequences are.
I think you are wrong and everything will be fine..... now the media will stroke the flames every single time someone gets sick or dies.

Looks like some gullible people are about to get infected with the latest Chinese Virus.

Do yo actually believe this?
Anyone can cross check the names I'd guess. It's only been out 6 hours. So, they wouldn't post any of this without using the info to get in the systems first.

The CDC documents alone have 186 pages of users, passwords and DOB's.

There are also a LOT of positive facility tests that come back negative from the CDC or State on a confirmatory test. So there are falsehoods pulling both directions... therefore I just go by what’s reported. What else is there to do? Unless you want to make up your own numbers/facts.

That’s the whole problem , anyone can basically argue it anyway they want because the numbers the models are using are off and we all know it . I’ve never seen anything tracked like this before and then to try and use these data points to make up federal or state models and guidelines is just ludicrous . I believe it will go down as one of the most politically , ( for lack of a better phrase )” for profit “ motivated , and propaganda driven national emergencies in history . The loss of income and federal funding claims on this thing is going to be unimaginable.

I'll catch crap for saying it, but I think they probably did the better job, but too late. But there isn't a prize for that, especially after starting the whole mess.

Is this good job you cite including magically increasing the death count in Wuhan by 50% after President Trump talked about holding up WHO funding?

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I hope I am, but the states the screw it up will probably blame the "fake news" for reporting it.
To be fair the news shouldn’t have been “fake” for so long and they wouldn’t have anyone to blame it on....Just imagine if a couple years ago.... they reported every single flu case and all of the 80,000 deaths.....We had over 28-33 people die from the flu in a skilled nursing facility but no one heard a single thing about it.

Reactions: vols40
Is this good job you cite including magically increasing the death count in Wuhan by 50% after President Trump talked about holding up WHO funding?

No, I'm talking about the documented containment measures, and not those put out by the Chinese govt, but those of westerners who were caught up in the quarantines. If it had originated here, people wouldn't have stood for those measures, and we would have been judged just as harshly, probably more so.

To be fair the news shouldn’t have been “fake” for so long and they wouldn’t have anyone to blame it on....Just imagine if a couple years ago.... they reported every single flu case and all of the 80,000 deaths.....We had over 28-33 people die from the flu in a skilled nursing facility but no one heard a single thing about it.

You can't compare it to the flu, just ask Trump. I guess he's fallen out of favor after his latest conferences, though.

VN Store

Back