Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

There won’t be enough serology tests done to paint an accurate picture for at least a year. Not sure where this comes from.
Maybe however everything to date comes from guessing because we simply don't know. In fact here in Virginia you don't even have to be tested to be diagnosed with COVID, they will simply go off your symptoms.

The death rate is flawed because we don't know how they're reporting death, is everyone really dying from COVID? The recovery rate because we don't know how reliable the test are to know if someone even had it and for some reason they're not reporting that.

The only thing for sure is the virus is having adverse effects on every aspect of life, everything else at this point is opinion and best guesses. So I always laugh when government refers to "science", it's been wrong throughout this whole process.

Maybe however everything to date comes from guessing because we simply don't know. In fact here in Virginia you don't even have to be tested to be diagnosed with COVID, they will simply go off your symptoms.

The death rate is flawed because we don't know how they're reporting death, is everyone really dying from COVID? The recovery rate because we don't know how reliable the test are to know if someone even had it and for some reason they're not reporting that.

The only thing for sure is the virus is having adverse effects on every aspect of life, everything else at this point is opinion and best guesses. So I always laugh when government refers to "science", it's been wrong throughout this whole process.

Science can't be wrong

Lol that’s the point you’re making, now stand behind it or stand down.
No it's not the point I'm making.

The point I'm making is based on numbers. We have tested more people than any other country in the world. That's the point I made.

You are trying to take that point and make it about tests per million, totally another measurement from which you came up with your absurd logical fallacy as if you were proving something of great gravitas. As if that is some sign of failure by our country. There is no way in hell, that you will test over 300 million people, probably ever. What we have done is test people in the "hot spots" and lots of them and that is what makes the most sense right now. We would have to come up with having completed over 30 million tests to get to 1 in 10, over 60 million to 1 in 5 and do it in a compressed amount of time. If that's your line of reasoning, it's absurd on it's face alone.

You do realize that as the testing numbers go up and more positives are found with less people dying, as we are seeing in NYC now, that the death rate will decline therefore the death rate won't reach 7%, right?

So much for your argument.

Uh huh and who's going to pay for this week off?

Pay for what, staying home? The whole idea is to be prepared to do it. Of course it isn't going to happen, but If we could be prepared to stop a pandemic dead in it's tracks, it would be fantastic. I guess it would work better if it was a surprise holiday, like musical chairs.

This is incidence and prevalence. We have an idea of incidence, though it’s hard to even quantify that when you have deaths counted like this: “ A death is classified as probable if the decedent was a New York City resident (NYC resident or residency pending) who had no known positive laboratory test for SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) but the death certificate lists as a cause of death “COVID-19” or an equivalent.”

For prevalence we need to have an idea of how many total cases are out there, which is where not just acute disease testing comes in, but antibody titer testing. This is what the LA county and Chelsea, MA studies are getting at.

As far as testing currently goes, NY state currently tests more people/million than pretty much anywhere in the world. And actually the US is climbing the per million category as well, now testing more than S Korea.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Pay for what, staying home? The whole idea is to be prepared to do it. Of course it isn't going to happen, but If we could be prepared to stop a pandemic dead in it's tracks, it would be fantastic. I guess it would work better if it was a surprise holiday, like musical chairs.

We're not stopping a pandemic though, apparently we're only delaying the inevitable

Reactions: Smokey'sHandler

VN Store

Back