Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

I never said you did I just took your ridiculous assertion to it's completion. If you believed earlier completely inaccurate "projections" surely you wouldn't leave out the earlier death count projections.

When did I say anything about a projection? Here is what everyone is referencing:

March 3rd I made the statement that I came from a meeting with the state health department and our system director of infectious disease. In that meeting we covered the current state of the SARS CoV-2 in the US and our preparedness plans. The current information put the mortality rate at 7.1%. I never said that’s what it would be or that it was a prognostication of any kind. It’s what the statistic was with the amount of positive tests vs the amount of deaths at that current date. No more, no less. So this “projection” narrative is something that someone made up in their little head along the way.

No, I'm talking about the documented containment measures, and not those put out by the Chinese govt, but those of westerners who were caught up in the quarantines. If it had originated here, people wouldn't have stood for those measures, and we would have been judged just as harshly, probably more so.

Yeah we have a problem being forced at gunpoint inside and being locked in from the outside.

And to your first point we don't sell exotic animals at wet markets here nor do we allow someone who could become infected by a bat in a research lab to wander around the public.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
You can't compare it to the flu, just ask Trump. I guess he's fallen out of favor after his latest conferences, though.
I have not mentioned trump and never watched a single one of his conferences about this issue..... I think the fatality rate will be ending up being more like the flu.... it definitely spreads much easier than the flu though.

Yeah we have a problem being forced at gunpoint inside I being locked in from the outside.

And to your first point we don't sell exotic animals at wet markets here nor do we allow someone who could become infected by a bat in a research lab to wander around the public.

No, but I guess somebody out in the western states liked to #### pigs, and created some problems of our own. Some try to pin the whole thing on Mexicans though.

No, but I guess somebody out in the western states liked to #### pigs, and created some problems of our own. Some try to pin the whole thing on Mexicans though.

Look if you want to live in China once the travel ban is lifted no one is stopping you. And the swine flu did come from Mexico

No it's not the point I'm making.

The point I'm making is based on numbers. We have tested more people than any other country in the world. That's the point I made.

You are trying to take that point and make it about tests per million, totally another measurement from which you came up with your absurd logical fallacy as if you were proving something of great gravitas. As if that is some sign of failure by our country. There is no way in hell, that you will test over 300 million people, probably ever. What we have done is test people in the "hot spots" and lots of them and that is what makes the most sense right now. We would have to come up with having completed over 30 million tests to get to 1 in 10, over 60 million to 1 in 5 and do it in a compressed amount of time. If that's your line of reasoning, it's absurd on it's face alone.

You do realize that as the testing numbers go up and more positives are found with less people dying, as we are seeing in NYC now, that the death rate will decline therefore the death rate won't reach 7%, right?

So much for your argument.

I actually just made the point about more testing bringing the mortality rate down, so I’m not sure why you people aren’t up in arms pushing for more testing, but that’s beside the point.

The number of people you test doesn’t matter. The % of your population tested mattered. To get an adequate sample size to determine actual infection rates, mortality rates, transmissibility, and relative herd immunity you have to test a large enough % of the population to be statistically significant. The actual number means nothing if it’s a small relative % of the population. It’s not terribly difficult to understand.

Some interesting notes on the Worldometer site.

[VIDEO=]
  • [/VIDEO]

Yeah looks like two states are including the probable deaths where a coroner lists CV19 among causes of death. Ultimately CDC might include them for all states but most aren’t reporting them and instead sticking to confirmed for now.

I looked into Maryland. It looks like about 10% of their total deaths (68) didn’t have a positive test.

I’m not exactly sure on NY, but it must be closer to 25% (? Maybe - it was like 3600 initially and about 4 drops of 330 or so?) which might make more sense if hospitals were overloaded and more people were dying at home or in care facilities before ever getting tested).

Reactions: allvol123
I have not mentioned trump and never watched a single one of his conferences about this issue..... I think the fatality rate will be ending up being more like the flu.... it definitely spreads much easier than the flu though.

No you didn't, as far as I know. But those NIH numbers that so many were calling ridiculous are looking like more of a reality. Even at the time people were raising eyebrows about the 100 - 200 thousand numbers, their projected deaths were actually 80 thousand by August, or something like that.

Whitmer Backtracks after COVID-19 Contract Awarded to Dem consultant who said Trump should 'get coronavirus ASAP'

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's administration acknowledged Tuesday that normal protocols were bypassed when a no-bid contract for coronavirus contact tracing was awarded by the state to Great Lakes Community Engagement, which is operated well-known Democratic consultant Michael Kolehouse -- who has previously written that President Trump should "get Coronavirus ASAP" and that someone should "do the country a favor and cough on that man," Facebook posts reviewed by Fox News show.

5e8623ceba85ee789774f952

The Washington Free Beacon reported earlier Tuesday that Michigan gave a separate contract to track the spread of coronavirus to Every Action VAN, a division of the Democratic data operation NGP VAN. The contract for Great Lakes Community Engagement, which would total $200,000 over eight weeks, was to be executed in coordination with EveryAction, which is tightly linked to NGP Van's operation.

“Nearly every major Democratic campaign in America is powered by NGP VAN's software, including the Obama campaign’s voter contact, volunteer, fundraising and compliance operations in all 50 states," NGP VAN boasts on its website. The Washington Post has described NGP VAN as "the voter file provider for Democratic campaigns and independent groups up and down ballot."

NGP VAN has previously exposed secretive and proprietary information due to technical glitches, The Washington Post has reported, including when a software patch was improperly applied.

The contracts raised concerns that Whitmer's administration was tying confidential health information to a political data gathering operation and that Whitmer, a rising star floated as a possible vice presidential candidate, had circumvented the state's normal process for awarding key financial resources.

"This is who Gov. Whitmer is giving state contracts to?" asked GOP chairwoman Ronna McDaniel.
“I want to know how Gov. Whitmer’s administration decided to hire this company without a competitive bid process, or letting the Legislature — charged with ensuring accountability within state government — know about it,” wrote GOP state Rep. Shane Hernandez in a letter to Whitmer that was first reported by The Detroit News. “I want to know what safeguards the governor has in place to ensure the information gathered during this COVID-19 response doesn’t wind up in the hands of any campaigns."​

Whitmer's office told Fox News that neither Kolehouse's operation nor NGP VAN should have gotten the funds, but didn't explain how the purported mistake had occured in the first place.​

"This contract should have been approved by the State Emergency Operations Center," a Whitmer spokesperson said by email. "This issue is being corrected, and a different vendor and software platform will be selected by the SEOC. The state is committed to ensuring this important tracing work can begin quickly to help save lives, while also ensuring that public health data is safe and secure."​

Kolehouse Strategies appears in contact tracing testing materials obtained by Fox News, although the governor's office indicated that the firm hadn't yet begun work.

There was little doubt that Kolehouse and NGP VAN were no strangers to the Whitmer administration before they secured the contracts. Kolehouse also runs Kolehouse Strategies, which openly advocates on behalf of progressive candidates. In other social media posts, including one on April 1, he has praised Whitmer and called Trump a "maniac."​

"We stand with that women [sic] and her name is Governor Whitmer!" Kolehouse wrote on March 30.

Kolehouse has since locked down his Facebook account, and he did not respond to Fox News' request for comment.​

Contact tracing allows health officials to proactively address the spread of a virus by assessing exposure among individuals, and involves major potential privacy risks. Wes Nakagiri, a local county commissioner, told the Free Beacon that the Whitmer contract was unprecedented.
"I’ve been involved with grassroots activists for a little over a decade," Nakagiri told the outlet. "I’ve never seen anything like this on the conservative side of the ledger, where you’ve got this entity working with governmental bodies, dumping huge networks of information into one database. They’re asking for contact information, they’re asking for who else lives in the house—it’s troubling that this information is being stored in a Democrat-aligned database."

Whitmer has taken numerous hits on the national stage amid the coronavirus epidemic, even as her profile surges and she is discussed as a possible running mate for Joe Biden.

Two Michigan business owners who filed a lawsuit against Whitmer after she imposed one of the strictest stay-at-home orders in the country told “Fox & Friends Weekend” on Sunday that they weren't alone.

“We are representing thousands of business owners like us in the state of Michigan,” Chris Welton, a co-owner of Welton Lawn Care, said. “It’s our peak season and it’s devastating to the entire industry.”

Whitmer was facing at least two federal lawsuits challenging her April 9 executive order to combat the coronavirus pandemic.

Whitmer’s April 9 order prohibited people in her state from visiting family or friends in groups of any size, in public or private. It also placed restrictions on what types of businesses may operate and restricted essential businesses from selling non-essential items. It also banned travel to second homes and vacation properties.

Whitmer backtracks after COVID-19 contract awarded to Dem consultant who said Trump should 'get coronavirus ASAP'

no you expect to base your premise on 100 individuals in 330,000,000 to make a freaking argument.

as someone who constantly rides a high horse you need to gtfo with your nonsense.

here I will even arange the numbers in a different manner to make it more clear how dumb your assertion on 7% is.

I’m not basing anything on that. I stated the % on that day, which was correct, and nothing else. One of the bring-nothing-to-the-table critics here keeps referring to it for some reason. Maybe he’s embarrassed he didn’t believe it was accurate on that day...

No you didn't, as far as I know. But those NIH numbers that so many were calling ridiculous are looking like more of a reality. Even at the time people were raising eyebrows about the 100 - 200 thousand numbers, their projected deaths were actually 80 thousand by August, or something like that.
So the flu of two years ago? I do wish they would only count the covid deaths so we could get an accurate picture of this thing.

I'll catch crap for saying it, but I think they probably did the better job, but too late. But there isn't a prize for that, especially after starting the whole mess.
It’s easier to contain when you just throw the infected off a bridge.

I don’t know how you even evaluate their response when we have no idea how long they knew about it or how many were infected.

Whitmer Backtracks after COVID-19 Contract Awarded to Dem consultant who said Trump should 'get coronavirus ASAP'

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's administration acknowledged Tuesday that normal protocols were bypassed when a no-bid contract for coronavirus contact tracing was awarded by the state to Great Lakes Community Engagement, which is operated well-known Democratic consultant Michael Kolehouse -- who has previously written that President Trump should "get Coronavirus ASAP" and that someone should "do the country a favor and cough on that man," Facebook posts reviewed by Fox News show.

5e8623ceba85ee789774f952

The Washington Free Beacon reported earlier Tuesday that Michigan gave a separate contract to track the spread of coronavirus to Every Action VAN, a division of the Democratic data operation NGP VAN. The contract for Great Lakes Community Engagement, which would total $200,000 over eight weeks, was to be executed in coordination with EveryAction, which is tightly linked to NGP Van's operation.

“Nearly every major Democratic campaign in America is powered by NGP VAN's software, including the Obama campaign’s voter contact, volunteer, fundraising and compliance operations in all 50 states," NGP VAN boasts on its website. The Washington Post has described NGP VAN as "the voter file provider for Democratic campaigns and independent groups up and down ballot."

NGP VAN has previously exposed secretive and proprietary information due to technical glitches, The Washington Post has reported, including when a software patch was improperly applied.

The contracts raised concerns that Whitmer's administration was tying confidential health information to a political data gathering operation and that Whitmer, a rising star floated as a possible vice presidential candidate, had circumvented the state's normal process for awarding key financial resources.

"This is who Gov. Whitmer is giving state contracts to?" asked GOP chairwoman Ronna McDaniel.​
“I want to know how Gov. Whitmer’s administration decided to hire this company without a competitive bid process, or letting the Legislature — charged with ensuring accountability within state government — know about it,” wrote GOP state Rep. Shane Hernandez in a letter to Whitmer that was first reported by The Detroit News. “I want to know what safeguards the governor has in place to ensure the information gathered during this COVID-19 response doesn’t wind up in the hands of any campaigns."​

Whitmer's office told Fox News that neither Kolehouse's operation nor NGP VAN should have gotten the funds, but didn't explain how the purported mistake had occured in the first place.​

"This contract should have been approved by the State Emergency Operations Center," a Whitmer spokesperson said by email. "This issue is being corrected, and a different vendor and software platform will be selected by the SEOC. The state is committed to ensuring this important tracing work can begin quickly to help save lives, while also ensuring that public health data is safe and secure."​

Kolehouse Strategies appears in contact tracing testing materials obtained by Fox News, although the governor's office indicated that the firm hadn't yet begun work.​
There was little doubt that Kolehouse and NGP VAN were no strangers to the Whitmer administration before they secured the contracts. Kolehouse also runs Kolehouse Strategies, which openly advocates on behalf of progressive candidates. In other social media posts, including one on April 1, he has praised Whitmer and called Trump a "maniac."​

"We stand with that women [sic] and her name is Governor Whitmer!" Kolehouse wrote on March 30.​
Kolehouse has since locked down his Facebook account, and he did not respond to Fox News' request for comment.​
Contact tracing allows health officials to proactively address the spread of a virus by assessing exposure among individuals, and involves major potential privacy risks. Wes Nakagiri, a local county commissioner, told the Free Beacon that the Whitmer contract was unprecedented.​
"I’ve been involved with grassroots activists for a little over a decade," Nakagiri told the outlet. "I’ve never seen anything like this on the conservative side of the ledger, where you’ve got this entity working with governmental bodies, dumping huge networks of information into one database. They’re asking for contact information, they’re asking for who else lives in the house—it’s troubling that this information is being stored in a Democrat-aligned database."

Whitmer has taken numerous hits on the national stage amid the coronavirus epidemic, even as her profile surges and she is discussed as a possible running mate for Joe Biden.

Two Michigan business owners who filed a lawsuit against Whitmer after she imposed one of the strictest stay-at-home orders in the country told “Fox & Friends Weekend” on Sunday that they weren't alone.

“We are representing thousands of business owners like us in the state of Michigan,” Chris Welton, a co-owner of Welton Lawn Care, said. “It’s our peak season and it’s devastating to the entire industry.”

Whitmer was facing at least two federal lawsuits challenging her April 9 executive order to combat the coronavirus pandemic.

Whitmer’s April 9 order prohibited people in her state from visiting family or friends in groups of any size, in public or private. It also placed restrictions on what types of businesses may operate and restricted essential businesses from selling non-essential items. It also banned travel to second homes and vacation properties.

Whitmer backtracks after COVID-19 contract awarded to Dem consultant who said Trump should 'get coronavirus ASAP'

Senator O'Biden WTF is the hold up

5e8623ceba85ee789774f952

"This is who Gov. Whitmer is giving state contracts to?" asked GOP chairwoman Ronna McDaniel.​

Kolehouse Strategies appears in contact tracing testing materials obtained by Fox News, although the governor's office indicated that the firm hadn't yet begun work.​

"We stand with that women [sic] and her name is Governor Whitmer!" Kolehouse wrote on March 30.​
Contact tracing allows health officials to proactively address the spread of a virus by assessing exposure among individuals, and involves major potential privacy risks. Wes Nakagiri, a local county commissioner, told the Free Beacon that the Whitmer contract was unprecedented.​

I'm sorry if some people think this woman is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but this woman is the devil reincarnated. The best that should happen to her is to be impeached. She is obviously not acting in the best interest of her constituents.

Donald Trump: Harvard Must Pay Back $8.7 Million in Federal Aid Money

Donald Trump vowed that Harvard would be expected to pay back their $8.7 million in federal aid received from coronavirus rescue funds.

“Harvard’s going to pay back the money and they shouldn’t be taking it,” Trump said bluntly during the White House press briefing.

Harvard received a loan from the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act, even though it already has a $41 billion endowment fund.

The money was allocated to Harvard from the $12 billion in funds allotted in the CARES act as part of the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund. (The Higher Education Relief Fund is separate from the Paycheck Protection Program, that ran out of money last week)

But Harvard’s loan prompted criticism of the bill, which was rushed forward in Congress to help support small businesses and colleges who needed the funds, simply to stay afloat.

Harvard defended its acquisition of a loan from the CARES act.

“Harvard has committed that 100 percent of these emergency higher education funds will be used to provide direct assistance to students facing urgent financial needs due to the COVID-19 pandemic,” Jonathan Swain of the Harvard Public Affairs and Communications Department said in a statement to Breitbart News.

But Trump was adamant that Harvard needed to pay back the loan.

“They have one of the largest endowments anywhere in the country, maybe in the world, I guess,” Trump said. “And they’re going to pay back that money. They shouldn’t have taken it.”

Donald Trump: Harvard Must Pay Back $8.7 Million in Federal Aid Money

I'm sorry if some people think this woman is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but this woman is the devil reincarnated. The best that should happen to her is to be impeached. She is obviously not acting in the best interest of her constituents.

There’s so much political bullsh!t going on with this , it’s mind blowing .

Reactions: DC_Vol
I don’t know how you even evaluate their response when we have no idea how long they knew about it or how many were infected.

I watched a few videos of westerners documenting their time being stuck there, apparently they had some serious lockdown measures. I'd guess their are plenty of youtube vids like that. But, yeah, who knows the reality of the origin or the true numbers?

VN Store

Back