Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

I don’t think the counting is as inaccurate as you suggest.

You compare it to a CDC flu deaths number that is roughly FIVE TIMES HIGHER than the number of laboratory-confirmed each year, but say you can’t get an accurate picture of COVID deaths because some states are counting probables (roughly 5000 of over 42000 deaths) and if you die while you have CV you are a confirmed death (so natural causes might be 1000 of the 42,000). These counting issues that some have seized on aren’t nearly the issue they want to think they are.
I don’t know that they are inflated but I sit in several covid meetings a week due to my job..... they have counted car wrecks as covid related deaths.... hospice patients as covid related deaths and many other questionable cases. There is a lot of financial gain from making someone a covid case..... hospitals get increased funding due to the amount of covid cases they have and skilled nursing facilities are allowed to Bill Medicare if the person is counted as a covid case.

:sigh:

You don't get it. I'm questioning whether all of those deaths are really COVID caused. I'm not questioning if all of the people died.

Do you understand the distinction?

Yes I get it. I knew what you were saying.

But the stat in that tweet was percentage that deaths are above normal deaths. And NYC was an outlier (vs countries which is the problem). I’m just saying deaths in NYC are 300% higher than normal for a reason unless they are manufacturing deaths.

There’s so much political bullsh!t going on with this , it’s mind blowing .

I doubt almost everything I hear regarding COVID-19: the sniping from state governors, the death counts, the case counts, the models, the “experts”, Fauci, Birx, Trump...

I think we’re dealing with a serious virus that is on par with a bad flu season. The rest is all noise fueled by mass panic.

I'm sorry if some people think this woman is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but this woman is the devil reincarnated. The best that should happen to her is to be impeached. She is obviously not acting in the best interest of her constituents.

Right on, that's what should happen when you abuse the powers of your office.

Reactions: LouderVol and Mick
I don’t know that they are inflated but I sit in several covid meetings a week due to my job..... they have counted car wrecks as covid related deaths.... hospice patients as covid related deaths and many other questionable cases. There is a lot of financial gain from making someone a covid case..... hospitals get increased funding due to the amount of covid cases they have and skilled nursing facilities are allowed to Bill Medicare if the person is counted as a covid case.

I don’t know how tightly controlled that is but in general in an epidemic they are just following the typical CDC guidelines. Those would be the types of death that end up in that number I estimated to be less than 1000 of the 42,000 (just based on average death rates - higher if the only people being tested are at higher risk of natural death).

Last edited:
I don’t know how tightly controlled that is but in general in an epidemic they are just following the typical CDC guidelines. Those would be the types of death that end up in that number I estimated to be less than 1000 of the 42,000.
It’s a CDC related guideline to count a car wreck as a covid related death.... it might be but I’m guessing it is higher than 1,000.... I’m just not sure how much higher.

I can't recall anyone calling trump a wuss as a general complaint, can you?. You didn't touch a nerve, You're just running your partisan mouth spewing nonsense.
Again with the unneeded vitriol. Yet I didn't touch a nerve. Stay classy.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83

VN Store

Back