Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

These organizations encouraging people to go out and protest are playing Russian Roulette with peoples lives. This is the point in time when Government should step in and provide income to people that are out of work and pass legislation to halt all credit payments. The income that they are providing people is essentially OUR taxes that they are returning to us.

I’d be fine with that IF the .gov took the funds from existing expenditures and wasn’t printing new money for it.

It’s better to have hope.... I’m hopeful it ends up helping or they find some sort of medicine that is helpful in this situation..... as far as the president saying it, I don’t think it is a big deal either way.
It's never a big deal to you when Trump talks out his ass. He had probably never heard of the drug until 10 minutes before he blurted out praise for it.

who would cheer for it to fail.....personally, I was always in the wait and see boat. Clinical trials and more tests needed to be done. The echo chamber on the right was clamoring for it and presenting anecdotal evidence that it was the miracle cure. I got ridiculed for saying more tests needed to be done, and not to give people false hope.
The guy who came on here bragging, saying I told you so lol

These organizations encouraging people to go out and protest are playing Russian Roulette with peoples lives. This is the point in time when Government should step in and provide income to people that are out of work and pass legislation to halt all credit payments. The income that they are providing people is essentially OUR taxes that they are returning to us.
Perfect and after this is done we eliminate ALL Government benefits to everyone with the exception of the elderly and truly disabled. Make sweeping changes and force people back to work.

Reactions: hog88
Perfect and after this is done we eliminate ALL Government benefits to everyone with the exception of the elderly and truly disabled. Make sweeping changes and force people back to work.
I agree, rich and poor alike. Everyone pays their fair share. No more loop holes, no more special treatment. Get corporate money out of elections while we are at it, cause you know corporations are not people and shouldn't have a voice.

Force them back to work like they forced them to stay at home. There will be protests for sure. Maybe they can force the businesses that employ people to pay a good wage with insurance and retirement plans.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Force them back to work like they forced them to stay at home. There will be protests for sure. Maybe they can force the businesses that employ people to pay a good wage with insurance and retirement plans.
Which company do you run and where do I sign up?

I agree, rich and poor alike. Everyone pays their fair share. No more loop holes, no more special treatment. Get corporate money out of elections while we are at it, cause you know corporations are not people and shouldn't have a voice.

Corporations are people unless machines are now stockholders.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
If we bring production back here that should be able to happen but let's be perfectly clear jobs such as McDonald's do NOT warrant 15 an hour with insurance. Those are entry level jobs to build skills and it's not meant to be a career.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
I hope this will put this debate to bed... tired of hearing this hyped as a wonder-drug by the right, just because Trump has aggressively touted it in his press briefings.

From AP News (apnews.com):

More deaths, no benefit from malaria drug in VA virus study

By Marilynn Marchione April 21, 2020

(Excerpt)

A malaria drug widely touted by President Donald Trump for treating the new coronavirus showed no benefit in a large analysis of its use in U.S. veterans hospitals. There were more deaths among those given hydroxychloroquine versus standard care, researchers reported.

The nationwide study was not a rigorous experiment. But with 368 patients, it's the largest looks so far of hydroxychloroquine with or without the antibiotic azithromycin for COVID-19, which has killed more than 171,000 people as of Tuesday.

The study was posted on an online site for researchers and has not been reviewed by other scientists. Grants from the National Institutes of Health and the University of Virginia paid for the work.

Researchers analyzed medical records of 368 male veterans hospitalized with confirmed coronavirus infection at Veterans Health Administration medical centers who died or were discharged by April 11.

About 28% who were given hydroxychloroquine plus usual care died, versus 11% of those getting the drug plus azithromycin died too, but the difference between that group and usual care was not considered large enough to rule out other factors that have affected survival.

Hydroxychloroquine made no difference in the need for a breathing machine, either.

Researchers did not track side effects, but noted a hint that hydroxychloroquine might have damaged other organs. The drug has long been known to have potentially serious side effects, including altering the heartbeat in a way that could lead to sudden death....

"What do you have to lose? It's been out there for a long time. What do you have to lose? I hope they use it." - President Donald Trump speaking to the White House press corps on Saturday April 4th, while encouraging coronavirus patients to take the unproven drug, hydroxychloroquine, as a means of treatment.

Last edited:
What do antibodies and a negative test have to do with Cuomo clearly lying about locking himself in a basement for two weeks? How can a man who sheltered himself from society, only emerging for a classic CNN photo-op, have had a run-in with a cyclist outside his home?
It was all BS. He didn't have it. It's all for show.

Some of us aren't getting anything..

Reactions: jp1 and tennvols77
I hope this will put this debate to bed... tired of hearing this hyped as a wonder-drug by the right, just because Trump has aggressively touted it in his press briefings.

(Excerpt)

A malaria drug widely touted by President Donald Trump for treating the new coronavirus showed no benefit in a large analysis of its use in U.S. veterans hospitals. There were more deaths among those given hydroxychloroquine versus standard care, researchers reported.

The nationwide study was not a rigorous experiment. But with 368 patients, it's the largest looks so far of hydroxychloroquine with or without the antibiotic azithromycin for COVID-19, which has killed more than 171,000 people as of Tuesday.

The study was posted on an online site for researchers and has not been reviewed by other scientists. Grants from the National Institutes of Health and the University of Virginia paid for the work.

Researchers analyzed medical records of 368 male veterans hospitalized with confirmed coronavirus infection at Veterans Health Administration medical centers who died or were discharged by April 11.

About 28% who were given hydroxychloroquine plus usual care died, versus 11% of those getting the drug plus azithromycin died too, but the difference between that group and usual care was not considered large enough to rule out other factors that have affected survival.

Hydroxychloroquine made no difference in the need for a breathing machine, either.

Researchers did not track side effects, but noted a hint that hydroxychloroquine might have damaged other organs. The drug has long been known to have potentially serious side effects, including altering the heartbeat in a way that could lead to sudden death....

"What do you have to lose? It's been out there for a long time. What do you have to lose? I hope they use it." - President Donald Trump speaking to the White House press corps on Saturday April 4th, while encouraging coronavirus patients to take the unproven drug, hydrochloroquine, as a means of treatment.
That study is about as good as the one where ABC claimed that drinking Mountain Dew was as bad for your teeth as using meth.....It’s not worth the paper it was written on.

(Excerpt)

"What do you have to lose? It's been out there for a long time. What do you have to lose? I hope they use it." - President Donald Trump speaking to the White House press corps on Saturday April 4th, while encouraging coronavirus patients to take the unproven drug, hydrochloroquine, as a means of treatment.

Stupid post is stupid.

So everyone wants the fast track on treatment/vaccine. But then want to complain if something turns out to be ineffective or even worse, more harmful. Cant have it both ways.

But this is a good example cause I'm sure a major study was initiated on the advice of the POTUS.

(Excerpt)

Forget hydroxychloroquine. I advise everyone to use the old school remedy, quinine. You can find it in the grocery store marketed as Tonic Water with Quinine. Just add gin and limes and your good to go! I drank two liters of it the past six days, no social distancing, no mask, 100% fine. It works.

That study is about as good as the one where ABC claimed that drinking Mountain Dew was as bad for your teeth as using meth.....It’s not worth the paper it was written on.
I think Mountain Dew is worse than Meth. (Just joking of course) Maybe they figure people that drink Mountain Dew also does Meth.....I don't know.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Stupid post is stupid.

So everyone wants the fast track on treatment/vaccine. But then want to complain if something turns out to be ineffective or even worse, more harmful. Cant have it both ways.

But this is a good example cause I'm sure a major study was initiated on the advice of the POTUS.
45 is not a scientist....45 is not smart.....he repeated what someone told him.....I would like to know who whispered in his ear.

Stupid post is stupid.

Still amazed people think there will be a fast tracked vaccine. There hasn't been a new disease vaccine made since the 90's. Both of those were HPV and Rotavirus. Neither became available to use until the mid to late 2000's..

Forget hydroxychloroquine. I advise everyone to use the old school remedy, quinine. You can find it in the grocery store marketed as Tonic Water with Quinine. Just add gin and limes and your good to go! I drank two liters of it the past six days, no social distancing, no mask, 100% fine. It works.

Good to know that G&Ts have additional medicinal uses.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
45 is not a scientist....45 is not smart.....he repeated what someone told him.....I would like to know who whispered in his ear.

And it caused a doctor to do something? Then you need to question your doctor.

Anyone doing a trial on this is doing an experiment. And we need those. Will need many, most likely. And many will fail.

Sorry instant gratification generation.

Reactions: McDad

VN Store

Back