Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

How about 10,000 for everyone? No, 11,000, even better!

You know the original consumer aid package was $6000. Sen. Chiny McChins from KY siphoned off most of that for businesses.

Why not something? DC keeps finding plenty of money available to prop up businesses, including large corporations. We are probably going to have to bail out domestic oil companies, too. Nothing wrong with helping people for another month.

Last edited:
Why not something? DC keeps finding plenty of money available to prop up businesses, including large corporations. Nothing wrong with helping people for another month.

Actually there is plenty wrong with it. Pointing to bad examples and saying we should be following these bad examples on an individual basis as well, is stupid.

Reactions: Pepe_Silvia
Why not something? DC keeps finding plenty of money available to prop up businesses, including large corporations. We are probably going to have to bail out domestic oil companies, too. Nothing wrong with helping people for another month.
I am curious about how you consider our fiscal policy.

Is US spending and the safe debt amount infinite?

I think it is wrong to look for consensus with FB, protestors, or businesses on the timing of reopening. A business could be making the call to delay simply based on bad PR, lawsuits, etc if they open and if the staff or customers contract c19.
We should reopen. The government needs to remove the restrictions. Then, let all us individuals decide what is the right approach for our own family and/or business.
100%

I am not sure, but I think it is only a small contingency of people gung ho on reopening states. I don't know why this contingency is so vocal about doing this. There are stories of businesses in Georgia pushing back against Kemp. The businesses don't want to open, because they are saying it is too soon. You know if Waffle House is like, "Hold on a sec..." something is amiss. These FB groups organizing may be cover for something else.....the people that claim to not be sheep, may be sheep after all.
The narrative on this has gotten a little crazy. The businesses don’t have to open to the public. Kemp was very clear yesterday that he was allowing them to open so they can at least perform basic administrative processes that they haven’t been able to. Personally, I think he should’ve waited until May 1 just for the sake of not confusing people, but he’s just following the phase 1 process which begins after 14 days of declining cases.

The money should have been tied to unemployment so that there were at least some basic regulations in place. Instead it's a bunch of people screaming
QY11BjI.gif

Reactions: LouderVol
The money should have been tied to unemployment so that there were at least some basic regulations in place. Instead it's a bunch of people screaming
QY11BjI.gif
It’s going to slow the recovery. There’s too much money currently in doing nothing.

Reactions: hog88
IHME has US projected at 66k deaths now.

We are at 45k now.

So this is where I dont understand how this works. So they think 21k more and then this thing just essentially dwindles down to almost nothing?
They are playing the same game the rest are. They will adjust down because they were wrong. Until the point they have to adjust back up to say "hey look we weren't as wrong as we thought".

Reactions: McDad
They are playing the same game the rest are. They will adjust down because they were wrong. Until the point they have to adjust back up to say "hey look we weren't as wrong as we thought".

I'm just curious if they have some belief that this is dying down in 4 weeks.

VN Store

Back