Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

I think you're conflating the term appointee with sycophantic nut hugger. This dude is a medical doctor who is simply using the expertise of which he has acquired over decades to do his job, that it is not aligned with Trumps political aspirations of maintaining power at all costs is clearly something that the trumpers are not willing to consider.

It's intellectually lazy to just call the guy a libtard Obama appointee who must clearly be a never trumper and move on.
End of the day, he serves at the discretion of the President. It's easy to speculate, but none of us know for sure the full circumstances around it.

Sports will likely be viewed as something that can be put on hold. Unless they figure out a way to support sports without fans, I'd be surprised if they happen.

I just don't see a lot of fan attendance across the nation if no vaccine/immunization is available. Same with movie theaters, music concerts, passenger flights. Anywhere large groups of people are in close proximity or an enclosed area. I think there will be a lot of apprehension for a while from Americans in general about grouping up if they don't have to.

Movie theaters will not survive this IMO

If the guy is right and Trump's actions are endangering the country I'd say it would be worth it wouldn't you?

Besides they'll be celebrated as hero's in the MSM, you know this.
Instant hero for the left even without knowing everything surrounding the dismissal.

Reactions: hog88
I agree that there would be a lot of apprehension about attending any kind of large public event until a vaccine is ready. I don't think empty stadiums would be a deciding factor, though. Not with all the money the schools and conferences get from television deals. I assume they would miss out on that money if they don't have a season.
I'll be interested to see if any networks try to force colleges/professional teams to play games even in an empty stadium. You know there will be some vocal professional players balking at getting back into playing games. Probably college kids too.

All it will take is one player to get ill because they played. Lawsuits. Imagine the arguments coming before the courts. College football players were made to play. College lacross was not. Certainly put more spin on paying players.

I prefer 4 fluid ounces of tonic water, 2 fluid ounces of gin, 1 tablespoon of lime juice, 1 lime wedge, 4 cubes of ice.

It doesn't cure anything but after a few, I don't care.

It's the quinine that makes a good tonic water. This formulation has been proven to be an effective cure for sobriety.

I'll be interested to see if any networks try to force colleges/professional teams to play games even in an empty stadium. You know there will be some vocal professional players balking at getting back into playing games. Probably college kids too.

All it will take it one player to get ill because they played. Lawsuits.

Bingo. Are the schools and conferences willing to risk possible lawsuits that would come their if a player contracts the virus? That's what will determine if they play or not.

He’s the ultimate “ME” leader during the ultimate “WE” crisis.
Because Nancy has been all about the "WE".

jlaw-whtvr.gif

Sports will likely be viewed as something that can be put on hold. Unless they figure out a way to support sports without fans, I'd be surprised if they happen.

I just don't see a lot of fan attendance across the nation if no vaccine/immunization is available. Same with movie theaters, music concerts, passenger flights. Anywhere large groups of people are in close proximity or an enclosed area. I think there will be a lot of apprehension for a while from Americans in general about grouping up if they don't have to.
MLB, PGA, NHL and NASCAR all have plans to return by June ( without fans ). College football is about TV revenue, smaller schools are already cutting sports due to budget's being shrunk. I think they will play Football this fall across the board, now will there be fans? I don't know the answer to that

It was definitely a choreographed photo op, but more information is needed before calling it "fake news". Sure, there is an agenda behind it, but does she know who the camera guy works for? Or if he even works for a media outlet at all? This could have just been something to put on social media.

VN Store

Back