Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Target workers plan 'sickout' on May 1 over coronavirus concerns as they slam 'atrocious' customer behavior and say they are being put at 'needless risk' of exposure

PUBLISHED: 16:20 EDT, 23 April 2020 | UPDATED: 17:32 EDT, 23 April 2020

Employees at American retail chain Target are planning a mass 'sickout' on May 1 to protest unsafe work conditions as they slam the company for acting 'as if we're disposable'.

Staff are among the essential workers continuing to man retail stores as other businesses close amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Dozens are said to have signed up for the sickout as they fear they are being put at 'needless risk' because of 'atrocious' guest behavior and a lack of guidelines on protective equipment such as face masks.

They join Amazon workers who are also staging a mass 'sickout' this week with more than 350 workers in 50 locations pledging to call out from their jobs from last Tuesday.

At least 30 grocery store workers have died of coronavirus across the country and 3,000 have called out sick.
https://www.volnation.com/forum/javascript:void(0)
Target's mass sickout is being coordinated by Target Workers Unite, an independent initiative run by rank and file Target team members, and will run in parallel with International Worker's Day.

Target workers plan 'sickout' on May 1 over coronavirus concerns | Daily Mail Online

Yeah, and today isn't over with yet. Did not want to see that.
Counts are over until 4:00 Central tomorrow. That's their 24 hour cycle.

I wonder if the trend is higher due to more testing, or if people are getting out and about more, or a combination of the two, or ?

Target workers plan 'sickout' on May 1 over coronavirus concerns as they slam 'atrocious' customer behavior and say they are being put at 'needless risk' of exposure

Employees at American retail chain Target are planning a mass 'sickout' on May 1 to protest unsafe work conditions as they slam the company for acting 'as if we're disposable'.

Staff are among the essential workers continuing to man retail stores as other businesses close amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Dozens are said to have signed up for the sickout as they fear they are being put at 'needless risk' because of 'atrocious' guest behavior and a lack of guidelines on protective equipment such as face masks.

They join Amazon workers who are also staging a mass 'sickout' this week with more than 350 workers in 50 locations pledging to call out from their jobs from last Tuesday.

At least 30 grocery store workers have died of coronavirus across the country and 3,000 have called out sick.
Target's mass sickout is being coordinated by Target Workers Unite, an independent initiative run by rank and file Target team members, and will run in parallel with International Worker's Day.

Target workers plan 'sickout' on May 1 over coronavirus concerns | Daily Mail Online

Meh, I haven't been to Target in ages. They keep sending me emails to buy their furniture.

Associating this with May Day probably isn't a good idea.

iu

They aren't wrong about the way people act. I had a guy come into our showroom ,which is closed, and demanded in because he drove an hour here to see his material. We let him in and he was wearing a N95 and old woman yellow gloves. I'm cool with that but when he started looking at his material he had some questions on how we were going to work it. He comes within 6 inches of me to talk to me, puts his glove on my shoulder and then coughs while talking. What can you even say to people like that.

They aren't wrong about the way people act. I had a guy come into our showroom ,which is closed, and demanded in because he drove an hour here to see his material. We let him in and he was wearing a N95 and old woman yellow gloves. I'm cool with that but when he started looking at his material he had some questions on how we were going to work it. He comes within 6 inches of me to talk to me, puts his glove on my shoulder and then coughs while talking. What can you even say to people like that.
Get out.

The rich get richer: American Billionaires including Amazon's Jeff Bezos and Tesla founder Elon Musk have gotten $280 BILLION richer since the start of the pandemic

American billionaires are enjoying multi-million dollar increases to their net worth as the country's unemployment levels rise to record highs amid the coronavirus lockdowns

Eight 'pandemic profiteers' have seen their net worth surge by over $1billion each since the start of the global pandemic.

Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, 56, has added $25 Billion to his own wealth since January 1, 2020, as the company's staff protest their poor working conditions and he makes a return to the company's day-to-day running.

According to a report from the Institute for Policy Studies, American billionaires added $282 Billion – nearly a ten percent increase – to their combined wealth between March 18 and April 10, as the U.S. unemployment rate approached 15 percent.
https://www.volnation.com/forum/javascript:void(0)
The report was released Thursday, the same day U.S. Labor Department figures revealed that 4.4 Million Americans filed a claim for unemployment benefit last week.

According to 'Billionaire Bonanza 2020: Wealth Windfalls, Tumbling Taxes, and Pandemic Profiteers', despite a brief decline, the combined wealth of the country's richest billionaires is greater than in 2010 with Bezos' wealth surge 'unprecedented in modern financial history'.

American billionaires have gotten $280BILLION richer since the start of the pandemic | Daily Mail Online

Reactions: hjeagle1vol
Wow, that sounds completely truthful and non-biased lol..... that cracks me up..... liberal media watches a ton of Fox News..... puts liberal spin on it for liberal customers.
It's similar to what Jon Stewart used to do on The Daily Show. They mostly just play clips from Fox News which demonstrate their hypocrisy. Example: They will run a minute long clip of Fox News hosts blasting the "mainstream media" for being critical of Melania Trump's expensive attire... and then run a minute long clip of Fox News hosts being critical of Michelle Obama's expensive attire. There really isn't any spin necessary. Fox News is exactly what they accuse the mainstream media of being, except in reverse. They have a different way of covering Presidents from the two parties and they apply different standards of conduct to them and their family members.

VN Store

Back