Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

He actually said take over the banks and force them to do the governments biding . You do know the difference in that and what politicians do with bailing out companies right? That’s a pretty weak argument on your part .

One is done with public funds and one, according to you, would be done with private funds. Those seem distinctly different.

Also, I wasn't making an argument - so if it was weak, then it was more effective than I had intended.

I read about that too, I looked in to the stock movement - given the "news" one would assume people would be jumping all over it. As is often the case there's more to it than meets the eye...

Aytu BioScience: A Corona-Portunist With 40%+ Downside (NASDAQ:AYTU) | Seeking Alpha
Who cares about the research. Nobody here was taking the statement seriously. It's just the most Trump thing ever to say something absurd, y'alls heads explode and then it turns out to be somewhat real. Man falls up more than Derek Dooley.

And....he's a better troll than you.

So let me get this straight, he's talking about invoking seldom used war authority to force private institutions to give money away to the businesses and people? And he gets to decide who? And we're not at war? This, after doling out hundreds of billions to households and businesses, airlines and wait for it......................................................banks.

And the conservative base is OK with this?

giphy.gif

No, I am not. Of course, I wrote in my candidate. We just keep going further down “that” path regardless of who’s in the WH or controls Congress.

I don't think anyone has the stomach for a 108k+ dead Americans to test the theory of herd immunity with this bug. The mortality rate in Sweden right now is 12.25%.
It will happen again. There is no man made answer to what is happening. People hope for a vaccine to make it all better. Social distancing and hand washing will stifle it but there will be a bigger badder bug behind it.

One is done with public funds and one is according to you, would be done with private funds. Those seem distinctly different.

Also, I wasn't making an argument - so if it was weak, then it was more effective than I had intended.

One is done according to the war powers act , to be forced to serve at the governments whim . One is done by stupid politicians agreeing to give their favorite lobbyist more money . If it wasn’t an argument , it was just a really bad comparison.

Who cares about the research. Nobody here was taking the statement seriously. It's just the most Trump thing ever to say something absurd, y'alls heads explode and then it turns out to be somewhat real. Man falls up more than Derek Dooley.

And....he's a better troll than you.

Despite the revelation, no rational person is taking him seriously now. Next week he'll wake up during a briefing and hear a snippet about viruses not being able to survive in fire and muse about how fire might be the next treatment to consider.

One is done according to the war powers act , to be forced to serve at the governments whim . One is done by stupid politicians agreeing to give their favorite lobbyist more money . If it wasn’t an argument , it was just a really bad comparison.

I don't see how either case is a good look for the party in control or for the president allowing it to happen while lamenting about the minorities lack of fiscal responsibility.

That's as true as saying the health care system has totally failed us. We're 28th or something in life expectancy yet pay more than twice per capita than any other country.
Actually you would be more accurate to say that our public school system is more succesfful than our health care system.

Lol.

I don't see how either case is a good look for the party in control or for the president allowing it to happen while lamenting about the minorities lack of fiscal responsibility.

Both parties hand out federal funds like they are giant Pezz dispensers . My point ( as you already know ) was that Biden is talking about taking over the countys banking systems and forcing them to do the government bidding . That should have made everybody’s spidy senses tingle . It didn’t because it was ol rambling Joe that we want to replace Trump with . If Trump would have suggested that however OMG he’s really Hitler . Smh .

Reactions: McDad
Despite the revelation, no rational person is taking him seriously now. Next week he'll wake up during a briefing and hear a snippet about viruses not being able to survive in fire and muse about how fire might be the next treatment to consider.
Of course. Nothing changed. His supporters held fast. His opponents lost their marbles. And the media spent 24 hours pushing a narrative where he might actually be more right than anyone can stomach. I think it's hysterical. I also think you got sucked into it a bit.
Like I said, dude falls up on the regular.

Reactions: GordonC
It was a dumb comment and a great example of why Trump needs to avoid ad libbing at all costs since, at best, he’s simply thinking aloud in a very questionable and confusing manner. Yet, from a reasonable point, Trump didn’t say we need to start injecting Lysol and I don’t any suggestion otherwise to be disingenuous.

Sorta like this?

“Does this make sense or am I just wasting my time?” Trump asked, to which White House communications director Hope Hicks interjected, saying the see-through version of the wall is “what you’ve always talked” about and is “consistent with what you’ve always said.”​
I love when he has extremely brief moments of clarity and his handlers just drive him straight back into derangement.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
So let me get this straight, he's talking about invoking seldom used war authority to force private institutions to give money away to the businesses and people? And he gets to decide who? And we're not at war? This, after doling out hundreds of billions to households and businesses, airlines and wait for it......................................................banks.

And the conservative base is OK with this?

giphy.gif
I'm not fine with there even being a war power act, a patriot act or emergency powers act. It is power the .Gov gave itself through legislative powers it didn't have the right to use... So no. Why would it be ok for the government to have any more power than an average human who they derive their abilities from? I can't walk into a bank and insist they give me money by force. I would be in jail for robbery. No one should have that power and certainly not the government. Yet it pushes forward every year with the .gov overreach into every aspect of life. Can you tell I live in the common wealth?

Reactions: 0nelilreb
And the circle will remain intact.

Like a fever of 103.7 F? The bodies first line of defense... Kill it, kill it with fire!!!

Trump has a way of giving his enemies ammo in certain situations. This is an example of that, although a (very) poor one. Obviously, anyone with common sense knows he wasn't saying inject disinfectant. I think 80% of people, including Democrats know this. Yet, we have to play these parsing of word games with the people that are doing nothing but spreading fear and misinformation.

VN Store

Back