Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

I am kind of a mixed bag on this. From a policy standpoint I believe Trump has done very well. The issue he has had with policy is he is going against Anything But Trump politics. I have said it multiple times that Presidential play #1 in the Pandemic Playbook should be cut off all international travel into the US and suspend all immigration. He attempted this but Dems and their faux everyone should enter the US everywhere at all times stance was going to kill that immediately. This was shown with Pelosi’s famous Chinatown party in late February. This single handedly would have significantly slowed the spread into the US.

I also believe if Trump would’ve had his way there would have been no Federal lock down only guidelines. In hindsight this would’ve been the best play but he cowered and allowed it. He would’ve taken significant flack for having not instituting the Federal lock down but this wouldn’t have pushed several states into locking down which would’ve saved a portion of the economy, increased the effect of the first wave but decreased the impact of the second wave and shortened the virus lifespan in the US. He really failed here.

Trump is who he is in PR. He is going to say stupid sh!t so his PR in this is no surprise and par for the course.

I will have to admit Trump has done significantly better than Dem leadership in handling this pandemic. Those jokers have done nothing but increased the initial spread, further hurt the economy and prolonged their impact of the virus through their actions.
Wow, this post is so devoid of common sense and reality that is actually alarming. Over 50,000 people have already died from this virus and Trump's only failure was allowing a shut down to occur because he should have just left everything open and allowed a lot more to die for the sake of the economy. You, sir, are certifiably insane.

Wow, this post is so devoid of common sense and reality that is actually alarming. Over 50,000 people have already died from this virus and Trump's only failure was allowing a shut down to occur because he should have just left everything open and allowed a lot more to die for the sake of the economy. You, sir, are certifiably insane.

Everyday on here I'm reminded that La La Land is not just a movie.

Again I’ll ask .. do you believe those numbers are correct ?

It's higher than 50k. Even CDC is saying that there are likely covid deaths that have not been included.

The CDC is “ estimating “ like they always do .. we just had this discussion with BB about them and their false numbers for federal funding scam .

Reactions: allvol123
It’s a function of poor choices by the citizenry, electing the same individuals over and over again, expecting a different result.

The School Board’s budget is $1B (yes, Billion), it’s more than the Operating budget for the entire City of Memphis ($800M).

So funding isn’t the issue.

Why do you believe the schools perform so poorly?
Because so many people make poor decisions. The same reason the life exectancy in this country is so much lowere than it should be.
My issue is with people who say our health care system is great and the issues lie with individuals and their poor choices.....
and then turn right around and say......
Our public education system is a total failure and never once mention the issue of individuals and their poor choices.

It's obviously agenda driven, inconsistent, and shallow.

Brains2.JPG

Liberals who have long pretended to be for the common good are now hoarding brains they could freely share.

I for one am sickened by this vulgar indifference, and if you would just let me in I have a minuscule request I think we could fruitfully discuss with no enmity whatsoever. Why yes, it is in regards to your brains, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

Reactions: Smokey'sHandler

So like the strategy most of the states are taking right now? That's the insane strategy?

President Trump should keep doing what he's doing it hasn't hurt his popularity at all.

With his base, it hasn't and it won't. I'm not sure the same can be said for on the fence voters. Perhaps I'm wrong.

The thing he has going for him is how far to the left the Democratic party has shifted over the years. A moderate Dem by today's standards would have been considered a left wing nut job in the 90's.

With his base, it hasn't and it won't. I'm not sure the same can be said for on the fence voters. Perhaps I'm wrong.

The thing he has going for him is how far to the left the Democratic party has shifted over the years. A moderate Dem by today's standards would have been considered a left wing nut job in the 90's.
I think President Trump would defeat either Joe Biden or Hillary in November.

How are they distorting what he said? In most cases, the media outlets are just showing the video of Trump looking in the direction of Dr. Birx and asking her questions. It is Trump, who now wants to pretend that he was speaking to the reporters in the briefing, and speaking sarcastically. I have seen the video, and he wasn't speaking to the reporters and he wasn't being sarcastic.
I agree he wasn’t speaking sarcastically but media is spinning as if he was telling people to inject Clorox or Lysol. It’s ridiculous. Literally a few posts below mine was an example of a CNN headline doing just what I said. How anyone goes to CNN for anything after these last few years is beyond me.

Reactions: Purple Tiger

So what is insane about my comment? You can’t be so naive to think that more people aren’t going to die when we open back up. You can’t be so naive to think that this virus is going to magically go away while we are locked down. Also you can’t deny current reports on antibody testing that more people have this than what is verified because wait for it: The majority of people who get this are healthy and are asymptomatic.

If you read my post you would’ve noticed the comment that we would have seen a more significant first wave spike but it would have decreased the potential of a larger second and the potential that this virus would’ve stuck around longer.

I am not denying that more will die they will and we will not be able to prevent that unless a vaccine or therapeutic is developed in of which the first more than likely won’t come and the second may still be a ways off.

The net deaths from this more than likely wouldn’t have changed if we didn’t establish a Federal lock down but we would have gotten through it sooner.

And Trump failed in this in that he cowered to chicken littles which will in turn be more impactful to our economy.

[QUOTE="Smokey'sHandler, post: 18186461, member: 67634"]Personally I believe the Dems have hurt themselves worse through this process than Trump but I also felt that way about the Kavanaugh stuff and was apparently wrong.[/QUOTE]

You are wrong about this, too. How in the world has anyone but Trump been hurt by "this process?

VN Store

Back