Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

I don't know the whole backstory other than a frat boy was accused of butt-chugging and thought it'd be a good idea to go public with an attorney saying he definitely wasn't a butt-chugger ... or gay.

I agree, the presser was a train wreck.

IIRC I think they basically had had some run-ins with the officers which, I mean college age frat boy and cop interactions probably never end well. So they feel like the “Evidence” in the police report was made up to embarrass their fraternity.

His poll numbers really haven’t changed much in the last 90 days. It’s kind of interesting to see where he stands vs other Presidents 3 1/2 years in....
How Popular Is Donald Trump?
Which is not a good sign... the "rally around the flag" effect hasn't given him much of a bump - maybe 3 points? I have a hard time seeing a president who couldn't get his approval rating over 50% with an unemployment rate at 3.5%, win re-election with an unemployment rate that will be over 10% in November.

Trump downplayed the threat of the virus to the American people throughout February. A virus which by the end of April will have led to over 30 million Americans being put out of work... all while Trump is acting like a horse's a$$ in press conferences. What better way to run for re-election?
That is your perception of events

Headline says “spike”.
The article begins with “soaring numbers”.

Article then says they’ve gotten 30 calls statewide in NY. Tweet within the article from Maryland refers to “several calls”.

Verdict: CLICKBAIT

Of course it is .. see who it’s from ? I just thought since I’ve been seeing article from Vox and references to Vanity fair this one would be ok .

Reactions: GordonC
Has his handling of this crisis helped or hurt his reelection chances?

Trump downplayed the threat of the virus to the American people throughout February. A virus which by the end of April will have led to over 30 million Americans being put out of work... all while Trump is acting like a horse's a$$ in press conferences. What better way to run for re-election?

Yea, he should've told them to STFU way sooner.

EVhPtZ2XYAEKCZq.jpeg

EU7kAs-WkAEX6Wr.png

EU7kop9WsAAW5VN.jpeg

EU7kTm7XQAAmXup.jpeg

Reactions: NCFisher

"After this ass kicking by Bama passes and we can fire Big Orange football up again, I'm truly looking forward to watching Butch Jones Make Tennessee Football Great Again ... Again."

Lol...trying to use my apologies for your liberal talking points.

Trump has blown it. COVID-19 is his undoing.

I am kind of a mixed bag on this. From a policy standpoint I believe Trump has done very well. The issue he has had with policy is he is going against Anything But Trump politics. I have said it multiple times that Presidential play #1 in the Pandemic Playbook should be cut off all international travel into the US and suspend all immigration. He attempted this but Dems and their faux everyone should enter the US everywhere at all times stance was going to kill that immediately. This was shown with Pelosi’s famous Chinatown party in late February. This single handedly would have significantly slowed the spread into the US.

I also believe if Trump would’ve had his way there would have been no Federal lock down only guidelines. In hindsight this would’ve been the best play but he cowered and allowed it. He would’ve taken significant flack for having not instituting the Federal lock down but this wouldn’t have pushed several states into locking down which would’ve saved a portion of the economy, increased the effect of the first wave but decreased the impact of the second wave and shortened the virus lifespan in the US. He really failed here.

Trump is who he is in PR. He is going to say stupid sh!t so his PR in this is no surprise and par for the course.

I will have to admit Trump has done significantly better than Dem leadership in handling this pandemic. Those jokers have done nothing but increased the initial spread, further hurt the economy and prolonged their impact of the virus through their actions.

Okay... now when you watch that video, do you see anything being distorted by the media? No, Trump's own words are allowed to speak for themselves. Is Trump trolling the reporters? No, Trump isn't even speaking to the reporters in the room. He is looking directly at Dr. Birx and asking her questions. Is Trump speaking sarcastically while asking Dr. Birx questions? Take a good look at the expression on that woman's face. She doesn't look amused, and frankly, looks like she would rather be just about anywhere else.

That is a great ad because it doesn't provide commentary or need to distort anything. Trump looks like a complete airhead on his own. He doesn't need anyone's help to look like an idiot.
Great points. He is in no way whatsoever being sarcastic when asking her those questions and any reasonable person (i.e. non-Trump voter) can see that. He actually thought those were reasonable things to look into which is absolutely frightening.

VN Store

Back