Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

So, the bottom line was that everyone was mirroring "the experts" who told us this was not a danger to the American public, worry about the seasonal flu instead.
It all devolves from "the experts". Unless we're to burn them at the stake for being human even while being observant scientists, then we'd best put away the torches and acknowledge this as inevitable.

Trump is the one who is POTUS, no? When he says "We have it under control, it's one person coming in from China... we have it under control, it's gonna be just fine.", do you think that's what the experts told him, so no biggie?

President's rely on their advisors for everything, so should we just let every president off the hook for their fatal errors in judgement, because "well, that's what my expert told me."?

No need to burn him at the stake, we just elect someone more competent. who doesn't "joke" about taking disinfectants for COVID19, and such. I mean, how much damage can he do in the next 7 months?

I disagree with firing Fauci and Birx. Fauci himself has said the medical experts are not economic experts, nor the inverse, and that their opinions/recommendations should be examined via those silos. Further, the medical experts are somewhat hostage to the modeling/statistical "experts". He further stated, appropriately, that the president is the only person with the awesome responsibility of weighting those competing considerations.

Sweden has taken a more hands-off approach than others (Taiwan, S.Korea) who didn't lock down their societies. If their numbers wind up approximate to other Western nations, we can legitimately challenge the 'settled science' of lockdowns, and not repeat the lesson of the tyranny of "experts".

Here’s something interesting to think about: we have had 53,000 deaths in the US from CV. We have had 26.5 million workers file for unemployment due to CV.

You are 509 times more likely to lose your job and be unemployed than die from CV.

So more on this: 79% of CV deaths are people over the age of 65 so they are not in our workforce. 21% of 53,000 deaths are under 65 so we’d say of working age (deaths under 21 are so small that I will still use them in this number) which comes to 11,130.

We have put 26.5 million people out of work when 11,130 people of working age have died that is 2,830 unemployed people to 1 CV death. I can’t state it any more that the response has had worse effect than the virus.

For those who would like to dispute this please provide the data of how many lives we have saved from the lockdowns.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
Trump is the one who is POTUS, no? When he says "We have it under control, it's one person coming in from China... we have it under control, it's gonna be just fine.", do you think that's what the experts told him, so no biggie?

President's rely on their advisors for everything, so should we just let every president off the hook for their fatal errors in judgement, because "well, that's what my expert told me."?

No need to burn him at the stake, we just elect someone more competent. who doesn't "joke" about taking disinfectants for COVID19, and such. I mean, how much damage can he do in the next 7 months?

I laughed @ the thought of you saying you were going to elect Joe because he’s more competent.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Here’s something interesting to think about: we have had 53,000 deaths in the US from CV. We have had 26.5 million workers file for unemployment due to CV.

You are 509 times more likely to lose your job and be unemployed than die from CV.
If you lose your job you can receive unemployment benefits, enjoy being with loved ones and go back to work later. If you die well, you know.

Uhm, yes. At the time, it was one person from China. And we have on record the medical experts from NIH, CDC, and WHO - even into March - saying there no danger to the American public/world at large. I've quoted them at length on the forum.

Yes, again; when the fooking experts are wrong, who do you expect the president - ANY president - to alternately have appealed to in such a situation, God? You're not being logical. Of course the president doesn't bear blame for their ineffectiveness unless Fauci, Birx, CDC, NIH were known to be grossly unqualified, incompetent at the time of their counsel.

You're simply spitting at the rearview mirror, but provide no defense of how you or Obama might have done things differently. Because you wouldn't have.

I laughed @ the thought of you saying you were going to elect Joe because he’s more competent.

I laugh that some of you guys listen to Trump and think he's some kind of lingual genius. Again, when he doesn't make it through to the other end of a thought, how does anyone take this anything less than a major defect?

Reactions: Hunerwadel
Uhm, yes. At the time, it was one person from China. And we have on record the medical experts from NIH, CDC, and WHO - even into March - saying there no danger to the American public/world at large. I've quoted them at length on the forum.

Yes, again; when the fooking experts are wrong, who do you expect the president - ANY president - to alternately have appealed to in such a situation, God? You're not being logical. Of course the president doesn't bear blame for their ineffectiveness unless Fauci, Birx, CDC, NIH were known to be grossly unqualified, incompetent at the time of their counsel.

You're simply spitting at the rearview mirror, but provide no defense of how you or Obama might have done things differently. Because you wouldn't have.

When you are a president and you have only "the best and the brightest", as Trump touts, I think the problem is at the top.

I get that the notion that Trump should not be reelected isn't a position you will ever take, which I'm sure becomes a harder position to defend, daily... but carry on, i guess

I laugh that some of you guys listen to Trump and think he's some kind of lingual genius. Again, when he doesn't make it through to the other end of a thought, how does anyone take this anything less than a major defect?

I’ve never said he’s a genius at anything but maybe having the ability to piss off people . If that’s the new standard then you can call me a genius . I laugh at trying to pass Joe off as competent, we watched all the other candidates point out why people shouldn’t vote for him , we watched him try ( and fail ) hard on the stage and in interviews to try and collect his thoughts just to come up with an answer . I’ll agree to just about anything with you on Trump but not while your trying to hide Joes ( I’ll be gentle here) diminishing mental capacity “ issues” . Joe wouldn’t have a snowballs chance in hades , if it wasn’t for the hate the left has for Trump and we all know it .

If you lose your job you can receive unemployment benefits, enjoy being with loved ones and go back to work later. If you die well, you know.

What if you have lost your business or a mid to high middle class job and unemployment benefits won’t meet your lifestyle requirements you met with your job? For example if I lost my job unemployment benefits would not cover my fixed expenses then what? Enjoy with my family as I lose my house? Then once the 4 months of that benefit is up and my job or a comparable job is not there then what do I do?

What if it takes the economy longer than 4 months to get back going and I cannot get into a comparable job?

I actually have a lot of employees who have had this same thought because you know what they could make better with the unemployment benefit incentives right now vs. working. Please just lay me off. My answer has been yes you could but what happens when that 4 months runs out? We have been spoiled here lately where the job market has been great and you could find a job anywhere. A lot of people will ride out this benefit just like you and when it’s up all of them are going to be looking for jobs and what if the job market is the same then as it is today? You will then be in a large pool of people looking for work with not that many jobs open. What are you going to do then?

VN Store

Back