Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Last edited:
Rolling Stones secure their first ever Number 1 on iTunes with new single 'Living in a Ghost Town'... and yes, it sounds spookily like The Specials

The Rolling Stones have rocketed to the top of the iTunes chart more than 40 years after their last number one hit.

The single 'Living In A Ghost Town' - the band's first for eight years - beat stars including Travis Scott, The Weeknd and Drake to the peak of the US table.

The legendary group, made up of Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, both 76, Ronnie Wood, 72, and Charlie Watts, 78, released the song on Thursday.

Their latest track was recorded in LA and London last year for use in their upcoming album, but Mick says they shared the song earlier than expected due to the coronavirus pandemic.

The Rolling Stones land their first ever Number One on iTunes with 'Living in a Ghost Town' | Daily Mail Online

Woman is forced to rescue her dad, 82, from Queens nursing home 'in the dead of the night' after he hadn't been fed in a WEEK because nurses were too afraid to go into his room when he showed coronavirus symptoms

Terrified residents, families and staff of the Queens Adult Care Center have watched helplessly as COVID-19 runs rampant. They say management lied about the extent of its spread. Here's how one daughter rescued her sick dad.

The voice on the message started out calm but soon faltered. Natasha Roland wanted to report what happened to her father at the Queens Adult Care Center, a home for some 350 low-income elderly and mentally ill adults that I'd described as an epidemiologist's nightmare in a story the previous week.

'They had been telling me since March that they didn't have any virus cases,' Roland said, her words quickening. 'They were telling me that my father was OK. When I went there to get my dad, he hadn't eaten in a week. My dad was dying. He couldn't move.'
https://www.volnation.com/forum/javascript:void(0)
Then her voice caught, sobs overcame her, and I felt a pang of panic myself.

'They were not giving him his medication. My dad is now at Presbyterian hospital. He tested positive for coronavirus,' she said. 'He is 82 years old. He is a diabetic. He has lung disease.'

27644144-8256699-Roland_s_father_82_hadn_t_eaten_in_a_week_and_couldn_t_move_when-a-37_1587838293135.jpg

As the coronavirus races through nursing homes and assisted living facilities across the country, many desperate family members are finding themselves like Roland, unable to learn the truth about what is happening inside.

In story after story, the owners of beleaguered facilities — because of greed, incompetence or fear — have kept the reality of circumstances murky or misleading. Many state health departments nationwide are refusing to provide up-to-date, or in some cases any, facility-specific numbers on COVID-19 deaths or infections to the family members of residents, to journalists or even to local politicians. And in New York, which has just begun releasing some information, state officials are relying on nursing homes to accurately report deaths and infections.

As a result, family members and local officials are turning into detectives and activists, forming alliances to track down clues about what's happening inside the homes and what, if anything, state health departments are doing about it.

Woman had to rescue her dad, 82, from Queens nursing home 'in the dead of the night' | Daily Mail Online

Reactions: BigOrangeD
Rolling Stones secure their first ever Number 1 on iTunes with new single 'Living in a Ghost Town'... and yes, it sounds spookily like The Specials

The Rolling Stones have rocketed to the top of the iTunes chart more than 40 years after their last number one hit.

The single 'Living In A Ghost Town' - the band's first for eight years - beat stars including Travis Scott, The Weeknd and Drake to the peak of the US table.

The legendary group, made up of Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, both 76, Ronnie Wood, 72, and Charlie Watts, 78, released the song on Thursday.

Their latest track was recorded in LA and London last year for use in their upcoming album, but Mick says they shared the song earlier than expected due to the coronavirus pandemic.

The Rolling Stones land their first ever Number One on iTunes with 'Living in a Ghost Town' | Daily Mail Online

Slow day over at Breitbart?

Reactions: Hunerwadel
Woman is forced to rescue her dad, 82, from Queens nursing home 'in the dead of the night' after he hadn't been fed in a WEEK because nurses were too afraid to go into his room when he showed coronavirus symptoms

Terrified residents, families and staff of the Queens Adult Care Center have watched helplessly as COVID-19 runs rampant. They say management lied about the extent of its spread. Here's how one daughter rescued her sick dad.

The voice on the message started out calm but soon faltered. Natasha Roland wanted to report what happened to her father at the Queens Adult Care Center, a home for some 350 low-income elderly and mentally ill adults that I'd described as an epidemiologist's nightmare in a story the previous week.

'They had been telling me since March that they didn't have any virus cases,' Roland said, her words quickening. 'They were telling me that my father was OK. When I went there to get my dad, he hadn't eaten in a week. My dad was dying. He couldn't move.'
https://www.volnation.com/forum/javascript:void(0)

'They were not giving him his medication. My dad is now at Presbyterian hospital. He tested positive for coronavirus,' she said. 'He is 82 years old. He is a diabetic. He has lung disease.'

27644144-8256699-Roland_s_father_82_hadn_t_eaten_in_a_week_and_couldn_t_move_when-a-37_1587838293135.jpg

As the coronavirus races through nursing homes and assisted living facilities across the country, many desperate family members are finding themselves like Roland, unable to learn the truth about what is happening inside.

In story after story, the owners of beleaguered facilities — because of greed, incompetence or fear — have kept the reality of circumstances murky or misleading. Many state health departments nationwide are refusing to provide up-to-date, or in some cases any, facility-specific numbers on COVID-19 deaths or infections to the family members of residents, to journalists or even to local politicians. And in New York, which has just begun releasing some information, state officials are relying on nursing homes to accurately report deaths and infections.

As a result, family members and local officials are turning into detectives and activists, forming alliances to track down clues about what's happening inside the homes and what, if anything, state health departments are doing about it.

Woman had to rescue her dad, 82, from Queens nursing home 'in the dead of the night' | Daily Mail Online
Die from starvation, get labeled as coronavirus death.

#ChaChing

EU Kowtows to China, Revises Coronavirus Disinfo Report After CCP Pressure

The European Union rewrote and softened a report that detailed the coronavirus disinformation campaign carried out by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) after receiving pressure from apparatchiks in Beijing.

626f9n_china-politics-10537-xi-jinping-in-oct-25-2017-file-photo-chinese-president-e1524438444890-640x480.jpg

The initial version of the report from the European External Action Service (EEAS) pointed to Chinese propaganda, such as blaming the United States for spreading the Wuhan virus, accusing France of responding too slowly to the pandemic, and claims that French officials had used racial slurs about the director of the World Health Organization (WHO) Tedros Adhanom — claims denied by France.

“China has continued to run a global disinformation campaign to deflect blame for the outbreak of the pandemic and improve its international image,” the initial report stated, according to the New York Times.

Before the report was released, however, officials from the communist-run country began pressuring the European Union — and the bloc ultimately bowed to the pressure, removing any reference to the “global disinformation campaign” carried out by China as well as the diplomatic spat between the CCP and France.

“The Chinese are already threatening with reactions if the report comes out,” wrote EU diplomat Lutz Güllner in a leaked email.

A spokesman for the EU, Peter Stano, denied that the report was modified as a result of pressure from the Chinese regime, but analysts that worked on the report say otherwise.

One analyst wrote that European Union diplomats were “self-censoring to appease the Chinese Communist Party” and that “appeasement will set a terrible precedent and encourage similar coercion in the future.”

EU Kowtows to China, Revises Coronavirus Disinfo Report After Pressure

Reactions: Orange_Vol1321

This is what panic and fear mongering causes.

Reactions: allvol123
Prior to the Trump catastrophe, that might have been a valid point.
Trump has set the "outsider" movement back imeasurably.

That may qualify as one of your most ridiculous posts ? What on earth does Trump being president have to do with politicians / congressmen being in office too long ?

VN Store

Back