Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

99% of republicans think it’s okay for a president to withhold aid to a foreign country as a means of strong-arming them into looking in dirt on a political rivals son, which would’ve then been used to help his re-election efforts. If you think it’s okay for a president to do that, then you hold democracy in very little regard.

Is that a no no?

99% of republicans think it’s okay for a president to withhold aid to a foreign country as a means of strong-arming them into looking in dirt on a political rivals son, which would’ve then been used to help his re-election efforts. If you think it’s okay for a president to do that, then you hold democracy in very little regard.

You'll get used to @Weezer's moral equivalence schtick. He'll likely point you to the wife of a Louisiana state assemblyman from the 1950s who did the same with a local mayor and then conclude that Dems and Republicans are all the same so what Trump does is just politics as usual.

If you lose your job you can receive unemployment benefits, enjoy being with loved ones and go back to work later. If you die well, you know.

I can see both sides of it. Some are willing to take the risk. In some cases there aren't many cases of locally. Possibly some have recovered or are young and/or in great health. Some may be living paycheck to paycheck and the longer this goes on the more risk that their company will layoff people. Now that's ok if the unemployment benefits are similar or better to your salary.

Others just aren't going to take the risk no matter what. That's ok too. If businesses open up then you don't have to go. You can choose to stay at home. Some are afraid they'll be made to go back to work and that is understandable. You can also choose not to invite people into your home who decide to risk exposure.

It is if you believe in democracy. A president soliciting foreign aid in an election is unconstitutional.

I had to look up TDS about a week or so ago, also.

It's a representative democracy, aka a republic. Imagine how scary it would be if it was really democracy (like no electoral college and no Senate) and the majority could take away everything from everyone else.

I don't believe the 99%. I am a registered Republican in Tennessee, I guess, because I registered that way in the mid-80s, but I've voted for Democrats both nationally and locally numerous times. I despise blind partisanship. I think you're talking about a very vocal smaller percentage than 99%.

If this happened on the Hunter Biden deal, it should have been investigated earlier. Period.

Reactions: Grey_pilgrim
Ever stop n think why we are giving foreign aide in the first place?

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Primarily b/c it is the antiquated, gov't controlled/influenced and socially acceptable "top down" (TEACHER - pupil) approach that has been instituted since my school days and, with slight modifications, especially in the public school sector to this date.

The methodology is often driven by colleges who require certain standards, HSs that require certain standards. Then there is the accreditation issue via testing (ACT/SAT, MCAT/DCAT etc.) and most students have to take special classes to get high numbers to move on to college or grad school. It's broke.

E.g my cousin played for Battle/Majors, was an SEC Academic All-American, 3.89 or some such...then flunked his DCAT 3x trying to qualify for UT Dental. Part of this was the free tutoring (pre-test testing) so he really wasn't exposed to a complete academic environment.
Sounds like he f'd up not learning how to study.

Not all Trump supporters are extremists white nationalists nazis, now rightfully labeled as terrorist, but all white nationalist nazis are Trump supporters. Wonder why that is?
Now do African American extremist organizations. They do exist. Also Hispanic. They do exist as well.

Because you of what you said about beating your wife and kids in the 50s. You actually believe that was a normal occurrence?
It was sarcasm, you should know it as a Trumpet, but yes it was a more normal occurrence back then or you could wink at the doctor at tell them they “fell down the stairs”.

Reactions: Purple Tiger

VN Store

Back