Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

That may qualify as one of your most ridiculous posts ? What on earth does Trump being president have to do with politicians / congressmen being in office too long ?
It has shown that someone with no political experience is a disaster in a high level politicl position.
If no experience is catastrophicaly horrible, then the conclusion must be that experience is beneficial.
If experience is beneficial, then the whole equation moves to when, if ever, does additional experience stop being beneficial and turn into a detriment.

It has shown that someone with no political experience is a disaster in a high level politicl position.
If no experience is catastrophicaly horrible, then the conclusion must be that experience is beneficial.
If experience is beneficial, then the whole equation moves to when, if ever, does additional experience stop being beneficial and turn into a detriment.

Have you fell and hit your head again on the ottoman?

Newsom Ordered by CA Supreme Court to Defend $75 Million Giveaway to Illegals

Posted at 5:15 pm on April 25, 2020 by Jennifer Van Laar

Californians struggling to make ends meet during extended coronavirus shutdowns were not amused when their governor, Gavin Newsom, announced the creation of a public-private partnership to give away $125 million ($500/person) in pandemic relief grants to illegal immigrants who are ineligible to receive unemployment benefits or federal stimulus checks (because they are not here legally, duh).

Newsom further explained that of the $125 million in funding, $75 million would come from taxpayer funds (without explaining any legislative process appropriating such funds) and that “a group of charities” had promised to chip in $50 million. An accompanying press release gave more details (emphasis added):

There’s only one problem. California’s Constitution forbids appropriating funds “to any corporation, association, asylum, hospital, or any other institution not under the exclusive management and control of the State as a state institution.” Newsom had attempted this method of distribution since, under state and federal law, unemployment benefits cannot be extended to illegal aliens either without caring that it was prohibited under California’s constitution, or believing that no one would care enough to challenge it.

He was wrong. On April 22 Ricardo Benitez, a legal immigrant from El Salvador, and Jessica Martinez, a Californian of Mexican/American descent, “filed an emergency petition to the California Supreme Court requesting the Court immediately stay Governor Newsom’s appropriation of $75 million to unnamed regional non-profits so they can, in turn, provide $500 checks to unemployed undocumented immigrants.” Benitez and Martinez are both Republican candidates for the California State Assembly and are represented by The Center for American Liberty in conjunction with Harmeet Dhillon and Mark Meuser of the Dhillon Law Firm.

According to the petition, the network of unnamed charities, which are all illegal immigrant advocacy groups, will pocket 40 percent of the total funding to administer the program. This is nothing more than money laundering to keep these favored charities going through the pandemic.

Newsom Ordered by CA Supreme Court to Defend $75 Million Giveaway to Illegals

Georgia Cautiously Reopens, Californians Defy Beach Ban – Deadline

Post in the comment section:

Rutherford B. Hayes on April 25, 2020 2:09 pm

Many Americans can’t stand a little discomfort. How hard is it to stay home with all you really need? Very spoiled people. These are really pretty small sacrifices compared to our men and women in uniform and first responders. It’s for the good of the nation.

Fumes from staining the deck today.
Trump set the outsider movement back imeasurably. I use to be one that wanted an outsider; now experience seems far more attractive.

I’ve never had that from staining , I have though using Kilz as primer in a hotel we were painting one summer . Did you get done ?

Reactions: NurseGoodVol
I’ve never had that from staining , I have though using Kilz as primer in a hotel we were painting one summer . Did you get done ?
No, the damn raillings will take hours. I'm recruiting my wife, daughter, and son for that.....music and beer (except for my son, he just turned 17).

If they see a spike in hospitalizations in the next 2-3 weeks then yes it was reckless. All data is pointing to the fact that it won’t be reckless if it was a bunch of people under the age of 65 with no pre-existing conditions and those folks will be better for it.

Getting outside in the sun is something a lot of people desperately need right now for both physical and mental health.

You have info on this or a link.... The whole buttchugging video thing made me laugh and I'm curious what the case entails.
I posted about it later, but not really. I don’t think anybody was ever charged with anything. The guy I knew was basically saying that the PD embellished in the police report Or maybe made the whole thing up. I don’t even remember what the police report said, to be honest, but this dude was adamant that it was all BS and kind of got worked up talking about it. He’s the only person I know from that fraternity (I was never in one) and he’s a pretty good guy, so idk.

sk042620dAPC20200425034507.jpg

Inaccurate sweeping assumptions can be made of the Democrats as well, and they'll sound just as dumb as yours. Exaggerating for effect adds nothing to the conversation.
99% of republicans think it’s okay for a president to withhold aid to a foreign country as a means of strong-arming them into looking in dirt on a political rivals son, which would’ve then been used to help his re-election efforts. If you think it’s okay for a president to do that, then you hold democracy in very little regard.

Reactions: Purple Tiger

VN Store

Back