Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

The data is pointing to this being an ugly situation when the dust settles. If we find out we shut down for a virus that did indeed spread much higher rate than the flu but it was less deadly than the flu for a majority of the population there sure is going to be some explaining to do.
Politicians, on both sides, will never admit it. They will explain the data away.

Free speech doesn’t cover actual terroristic threats of harm
Right so would you call walking around with guns and carrying two flags from failed regimes that we were at war with threats of terrorism?

Also I don’t know what thread this discussion would be better in but I want to at least try to stay on topic in this one.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Reactions: Offset Eye
I hope we realize tomorrow that it was an overreaction and we then quickly start returning to normal.
Is there a better possible outcome?
I tend to think overreaction in the case of an unknown virus is okay until we find out more data about it.

China covered up anything coming out from there and I don’t trust their numbers.

I had never heard of Antifa but kept seeing it referenced in the PF. When I commented that I had no idea what it was, I was straight up called a liar by multiple posters.
Well, don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I got called a Trump supporter by one user and was told to Trump on by another yesterday.
It was pretty weird to be called that based on just comments on a forum.
But I think everything's pretty weird for the most part.

Reactions: 0nelilreb and McDad
Right so would you call walking around with guns and carrying two flags from failed regimes that we were at war with threats of terrorism?

Also I don’t know what thread this discussion would be better in but I want to at least try to stay on topic in this one.
Here let me slow it down for you

Anti government people carrying guns saying “I want my rights, you can’t take them away” even if carrying “bad” flags = legal

Anti government people carrying guns saying “I’m gonna shoot and kill the whitey politicians in the capital” = not legal

I hope we realize tomorrow that it was an overreaction and we then quickly start returning to normal.
Is there a better possible outcome?

They need to and further ramp up efforts to get those who are not at the most risk back going ASAP in 95% of America. In densely populated metros they need to be slower and more selective on what the get going first. That would be the best for right now and it is going to take a while to recover.

The best would’ve been putting politics aside and truly making data driven decisions on the front end. Unfortunately with American politics this would not have been possible.

I tend to think overreaction in the case of an unknown virus is okay until we find out more data about it.

China covered up anything coming out from there and I don’t trust their numbers.

Agree but most of the over reaction was based on very limited data that fed models showing dire consequences. Now that data is replacing projections it seems many are clinging to the original overreaction that was not based in data.

If the critique of leadership (across the board) was slow reaction initially then it holds true now as they are slow to adapt to data showing initial projections were too pessimistic.

Reactions: McDad
They need to and further ramp up efforts to get those who are not at the most risk back going ASAP in 95% of America. In densely populated metros they need to be slower and more selective on what the get going first. That would be the best for right now and it is going to take a while to recover.

The best would’ve been putting politics aside and truly making data driven decisions on the front end. Unfortunately with American politics this would not have been possible.

Because some turd with a model...

I understand it’s a tough position to be in but you shouldn’t start shutting down the financial engine that feeds the country (and others too) based off of what ifs.

Before it comes to that, you need to have a good sample of data to justify the decision. In this case I think the cure was much worse than the disease.

The data is pointing to this being an ugly situation when the dust settles. If we find out we shut down for a virus that did indeed spread much higher rate than the flu but it was less deadly than the flu for a majority of the population there sure is going to be some explaining to do.

And spent trillions of dollars that we don’t have that will be festering for your children’s children.

Reactions: McDad

VN Store

Back