Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

WHO Warns You May Catch Coronavirus More Than Once — Bloomberg

I’m shocked. Things appear to be improving: less deaths, more active disease testing, more antibody titer testing, possible treatments and even vaccines are being studied.

And here comes the WHO. “Not so fast, my friends!!” Here’s some more fear we can instill to the global community!!

We get it...getting and recovering may not be lifelong immunity. I wonder what they would suggest? Just keep everyone locked up until there is zero risk of anyone ever getting infected again??

You guys really need to learn the distinction between "There is no evidence that X" and "There is evidence that not-X." The first does not entail the second. The WHO is just noting that many nations are working on the assumption that if you get COVID you'll be immune going forward. They're saying that as of now there are no studies (i.e., evidence) saying that this is the case. That does not mean they're saying there is evidence that having COVID does not prevent you from getting it again.

99% of republicans think it’s okay for a president to withhold aid to a foreign country as a means of strong-arming them into looking in dirt on a political rivals son, which would’ve then been used to help his re-election efforts. If you think it’s okay for a president to do that, then you hold democracy in very little regard.
An oldie but goodie ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Still no more relevant today than it was the day it was invented.

There's been lots of death.

The original NIH projections were not that far off. The 100 to 200 thousand deaths were being ridiculed as being absurd. Those projections were showing 82 thousand by August. Is there still anyone claiming that those numbers are just way off?

I think it comes down to people being desensitized, but they're holding up and ridiculing the March projections as if it makes their case for some colossal overreaction.

Last edited:
I don't. Turns out our liberal posters have no clue what the left does. Hell, one thought Pelosi was a senator. Their sole focus is Trump rage. It's tunnel vision. So no, I don't think luther was lying. He was uninformed, mostly because he chooses to be uninformed. Why distract himself from raging at Trump by actually knowing what the side he supports does? This way he, and the others, can pretend moral outrage at everything the right does.

And when you try to explain their side is no better and cite examples, their general response is

28-fingers-in-ears.jpg

Whataboutism! Moral equivalence!

It's how they live with being hypocrites. Deny, deny, deny.
It is also narcisstic. Accountable to no one on their own actions but blame for everyone else. Just something I noticed.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
The original NIH projections were not that far off. The 100 to 200 thousand deaths were being ridiculed as being absurd. Those projections were showing 82 thousand by August. Is there still anyone claiming that those numbers are just way off?

I think it comes down to people being desensitized, but they're holding up and ridiculing the March projections as if it makes their case for some colossal overreaction.
Since every single death is claimed as a covid death..... it won’t be that hard to reach those numbers.

It depends on if you agree with attributing all deaths to Coronavirus regardless of existing conditions.

If someone has a heart attack and dies and tested positive for Coronavirus, what was the cause of death?

According to Birx this would be counted as a coronavirus death.

Even you don't believe every single death is counted as a COVID death. At any rate, I don't believe numbers are being inflated to bolster the early (proving to be fairly accurate) NIH projections.
No I don’t think every single death is counted as a covid death but you could knock several thousand off the total right now.

Reactions: BigOrangeD
Even you don't believe every single death is counted as a COVID death. At any rate, I don't believe numbers are being inflated to bolster the early (proving to be fairly accurate) NIH projections.
It has to do with getting federal $$$. Hospitals don’t give a crap about the NIH. They are inflating deaths for a different reason

It depends on if you agree with attributing all deaths to Coronavirus regardless of existing conditions.

If someone has a heart attack and dies and tested positive for Coronavirus, what was the cause of death?

According to Birx this would be counted as a coronavirus death.

You know you could use statistics to make or break your case. Take the average daily US deaths, and compare them to COVID deaths. Taking in the fact that some of those daily deaths would be accelerated by the presence of the virus, but I don't think the numbers are being inflated to the degree that you are suggesting.

Even if things are unjustly inflated, there still exists an under count from lack of testing.

Yes, 100,000 fatalities this year is certainly possible.

[My post, though, was a sarcastic reaction to the post above it on Trump's empathy in the press conferences.]

No I don’t think every single death is counted as a covid death but you could knock several thousand off the total right now.
It has to do with getting federal $$$. Hospitals don’t give a crap about the NIH. They are inflating deaths for a different reason

Do the math, then. What do you guys project is the margin of error? The statistics exist to extrapolate the overcount to a reasonable certainty.

VN Store

Back