Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

We are dismantling hospitals that never served a patient. What was your bar?
No it just means they weren't needed because something went incredibly right or the models were horribly wrong. I'm guessing more of the latter.
Don't get me wrong our morgue is full. Those aren't covid19 pts though.

So you are basing your arguments on less than 1% of abortions?

It's usually a bad idea to set the rules based on the exception.

Not going to derail this thread further than that. @ me in an abortion thread if you actually want a discussion.
Buy 3 abortions, get a tubal ligation FREE! Come on down to Crazy Ed's!

No it just means they weren't needed because something went incredibly right or the models were horribly wrong. I'm guessing more of the latter.
Don't get me wrong our morgue is full. Those aren't covid19 pts though.
@NurseGoodVol

Not sure you saw but my niece got tested Thursday morning. Not a rapid test so will be tomorrow or Tuesday for results they said.
Her symptoms.

102.5 fever
Sore throat.

Was only tested for corona. Shouldn't people with those symptoms also be tested for the flu and strep throat? Strep takes antibiotics so to me it seems important to make sure it wasn't that.

@NurseGoodVol

Not sure you saw but my niece got tested Thursday morning. Not a rapid test so will be tomorrow or Tuesday for results they said.
Her symptoms.

102.5 fever
Sore throat.

Was only tested for corona. Shouldn't people with those symptoms also be tested for the flu and strep throat? Strep takes antibiotics so to me it seems important to make sure it wasn't that.

System is being gamed big time...

Pet peeve. I hate that people give weight to the thoughts of celebrities. Celebrity status does not make you more knowledgeable or informed than anyone else. I hate when people act like it means more because it came from the mouth of someone famous.
True..... I hate the Tom hank and his wife videos

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
System is being gamed big time...

From that USA Today link. It explains why NY is so elevated. All about $$$.

Jensen said, "Hospital administrators might well want to see COVID-19 attached to a discharge summary or a death certificate. Why? Because if it's a straightforward, garden-variety pneumonia that a person is admitted to the hospital for – if they're Medicare – typically, the diagnosis-related group lump sum payment would be $5,000. But if it's COVID-19 pneumonia, then it's $13,000, and if that COVID-19 pneumonia patient ends up on a ventilator, it goes up to $39,000."

He noted that some states, including his home state of Minnesota, as well as California, list only laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 diagnoses. Others, specifically New York, list all presumed cases, which is allowed under guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as of mid-April and which will result in a larger payout.

So you are basing your arguments on less than 1% of abortions?

It's usually a bad idea to set the rules based on the exception.

Not going to derail this thread further than that. @ me in an abortion thread if you actually want a discussion.
No, I am basing my argument on abortion is a personal choice. It doesn't affect you, so why do you care?

Reactions: Grey_pilgrim
No, I am basing my argument on abortion is a personal choice. It doesn't affect you, so why do you care?

You are only able to say it’s a personal choice without it affecting anyone , if the place you have your abortion at does not receive federal funding . If it does its affecting every tax payer . That being said you still can’t stop someone for using the deaths it cause as an example of not caring about multiple deaths . 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I have been saying for years that Pelosi needs to be replaced as Majority speaker because she is too far left to be an effective leader just like Marble Mouth McConnell is too far to the Right. I would have also likely voted for Kasich if he had been GOP nominee in '16 because I did not care for HRC. Whether you support Trump or not should not be a Republican or Democrat thing, but should just be a decent human being thing.
So it's just "Pelosi " but it's "marble mouth McConnell"? You only want to replace her and yet McConnell is too far right? Dude you are so far left you can't even see the middle anymore. There isn't a single politician in either house that could OBJECTIVELY be labeled far right. You don't fool anyone that knows your posting history.

@NurseGoodVol

Her symptoms.

102.5 fever
Sore throat.

They should do a viral respiratory panel too. Rules out 16 different contagions. Usually you run that first. If those are the only 2 symptoms she had and they went straight for corona, I'd be tapping on the doctors door asking for the policy that allows him to skip the entire differential diagnosis and end up with just corona test.... But that's me. Yes they should have ruled out strep too.

They should do a viral respiratory panel too. Rules out 16 different contagions. Usually you run that first. If those are the only 2 symptoms she had and they went straight for corona, I'd be tapping on the doctors door asking for the policy that allows him to skip the entire differential diagnosis and end up with just corona test.... But that's me. Yes they should have ruled out strep too.
It was the drive in testing at the local health department. She never got out of the car.

VN Store

Back